Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could possibly acquire a fourth in a trade

Here is an interesting scenario...

With the lackluster crop of QB's, the fact it and OT are considered the weakest positions in this loaded draft...its quite possible Chad Kelly could start getting some buzz and interest in round 4 (I still doubt round 3, not with all the kinds of prospects that will still be on the board).

If that was the case, how would people feel if the Bills traded both their 5th round picks to trade back into the 4th to get him if it seemed probable he wouldn't last to the 5th and they really wanted him?

I don't really want to lose picks in this draft, but if they felt strongly about him, and things I have read on him seems like he has as much upside as any QB in this draft, I would be fine I think with this. Thoughts?

Here is an interesting scenario...

With the lackluster crop of QB's, the fact it and OT are considered the weakest positions in this loaded draft...its quite possible Chad Kelly could start getting some buzz and interest in round 4 (I still doubt round 3, not with all the kinds of prospects that will still be on the board).

If that was the case, how would people feel if the Bills traded both their 5th round picks to trade back into the 4th to get him if it seemed probable he wouldn't last to the 5th and they really wanted him?

I don't really want to lose picks in this draft, but if they felt strongly about him, and things I have read on him seems like he has as much upside as any QB in this draft, I would be fine I think with this. Thoughts?

Nail in the coffin

Manziel is available, too. I can't make up my mind on which one I want more.

LMAO! yeah honestly. the guys want Chat go get the best - Manziel!

I mean I recognize he has an arm, but he's a headcase, lacks maturity, and in the Bills uniform he will act like a complete ASS. Ideal org for him would be Belicheat who will have him in mental strait jacket the whole time and make him their system robot QB. He'll perform there fine I bet you. And I'm betting Belicheat will draft him. That's the only org in NFL who can get any value out of Chad. Everywhere else will be a disaster.

Why is every other home town kid fine but it's too much pressure for Kelly ?? this just an excuse for guys who just don't like him. also I'm sure he old friends will turn him into a raving lunatic

Every player has a Hall of Fame uncle and perhaps the best player in the franchises history? I didn't know that.

Living up to uncle Jim's legacy would be a ton of pressure. That's a mighty huge shadow to deal with. And when're struggles comes the lovely fans of the Bills will let Chad know he's a POS compared to watch his uncle was.

That kid doesn't deserve that's.

Plus he did develop quite the reputation in college as a kid out of control with his ego. Then there's the partying issue.

If you think Chad Kelly will somehow drop to the 5 round then you are sadly mistaking.

Quarterback are on every teams radar. Some team will take the gamble and suck him up by the end of round 3

Sure he made a few mistakes but these are young men. Lots of players get in trouble but the team protects them and it goes unreported.

If you really, really like him then the Bills better outsmart a few NFL teams.

Me, I grab him in the 3rd and never look back....I believe he is a 1st rounder that lost his way. I can live with a 3rd round mistake

Could be the steal of the draft even in the 3rd

Are you Chad's agent or a member of his family?

Chad has more red flags than a Chinese parade. He will be lucky to be a UDFA.

This sort of reminds me of Ryan Mallet who was also a meat heat with a heck of an arm.

NE took him in the third but a meat heat is a meathead.

Kelly is a meathead and his meatheadedness will keep him from becoming anything special.

How many times do we have to see this story repeated before we know the ending?

I definitely think Kelly would be worth drafting.

Bud unfortunately Whaley is our GM and I just don't see him taking him.

He'll probably draft some **** prospect QB instead...

:thumbsup:

Does Dominic Hasek have a son or nephew who plays goalie? The Sabres could use one....

sounds good.

Also Chad has the talent so it's not like he is some bum prospect.

Buffalo would be the perfect place for ol' AK 47. Pegula could sign him as the first rap artist to diversify his sports and entertainment management company, and after hours he could hang out with Andrew Peters and punch local high schoolers.

so you want to get punched in the face ?

He has the arm talent. Can attack the entire field. Mobile. Fearless. His talent is 1st round.

The ak threats, the brothers hs game, the blunts with Chad snaps, Clemson, I could go on. That is a problem. That's udfa territory.

I've met him a few times and had conversations with him. Talked to people close to him. I can see the good in him. I think it's gonna take him a few years to mature. I don't think him getting big money is going to help anything. He needs something to get to him and make him realize that if hes going to be a successful qb in the nfl he needs to take it serious. The best want to get better and work as hard as they can to get there. Blunts with Chad isn't working to get better. I think going undrafted might be the push he needs.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Take a kid like this and add the family name... no thanks to coming to buffalo. The distractions are bad enough as is.

Allow this headcase to be someone else's problem.

We have seen a lot of super talented players not succeed due to a lack of it between the ears.

Are you Chad's agent or a member of his family?

Chad has more red flags than a Chinese parade. He will be lucky to be a UDFA.

I am his agent

Take a kid like this and add the family name... no thanks to coming to buffalo. The distractions are bad enough as is.

Allow this headcase to be someone else's problem.

We have seen a lot of super talented players not succeed due to a lack of it between the ears.

I could give you a long...long list of head cases currently playing in the NFL

Why is every other home town kid fine but it's too much pressure for Kelly ?? this just an excuse for guys who just don't like him. also I'm sure he old friends will turn him into a raving lunatic

Every other Buffalo kid doesn't have an uncle that is in the HOF and is regarded by a large segment of the fanbase as the greatest player in team history. Every other kid from WNY doesn't have a litany of off-the-field issues with reports suggesting that there may be even more red flags that haven't been made public.

Chad Kelly seems to be the last vestige of the old, "Let's bring in (Kelly, Tasker, Bennet, Smith, etc) as coaches to lead us back to the glory days," mentality. Don't forget that just this past fall the kid came back here to watch his brother's high school game and couldn't keep his emotions in check.

He has all the talent in the world, but the maturity of a toddler perpetually mired in the terrible twos.

It would be a bad bet for the Bills to roll the bones on Chad Kelly.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Every other Buffalo kid doesn't have an uncle that is in the HOF and is regarded by a large segment of the fanbase as the greatest player in team history. Every other kid from WNY doesn't have a litany of off-the-field issues with reports suggesting that there may be even more red flags that haven't been made public.

Chad Kelly seems to be the last vestige of the old, "Let's bring in (Kelly, Tasker, Bennet, Smith, etc) as coaches to lead us back to the glory days," mentality. Don't forget that just this past fall the kid came back here to watch his brother's high school game and couldn't keep his emotions in check.

He has all the talent in the world, but the maturity of a toddler perpetually mired in the terrible twos.

It would be a bad bet for the Bills to roll the bones on Chad Kelly.

Well said - BRAVO

Edited by cd1