Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

Not true at all. He started for a big college program. NFL experts peg him as a round 2 talent with some baggage. He'd be on the radar regardless of the name. There are many on this board and who attend games that never even saw JK play for the Bills. It's been a long time. Let's not pretend CK has no value, especially to a team still searching for a QB and with the overall dearth of QBs coming out of the college ranks.

This.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Chad Kelly will somehow drop to the 5 round then you are sadly mistaking.

Quarterback are on every teams radar. Some team will take the gamble and suck him up by the end of round 3

Sure he made a few mistakes but these are young men. Lots of players get in trouble but the team protects them and it goes unreported.

If you really, really like him then the Bills better outsmart a few NFL teams.

Me, I grab him in the 3rd and never look back....I believe he is a 1st rounder that lost his way. I can live with a 3rd round mistake

Could be the steal of the draft even in the 3rd

I would be ok with Chad in the 3rd

Not true at all. He started for a big college program. NFL experts peg him as a round 2 talent with some baggage. He'd be on the radar regardless of the name. There are many on this board and who attend games that never even saw JK play for the Bills. It's been a long time. Let's not pretend CK has no value, especially to a team still searching for a QB and with the overall dearth of QBs coming out of the college ranks.

This was my point. And no one on this board needs to have seen Jim play to understand that he is the living face of this organization--especially over the past few years.

If his name was Chad Jones, there wouldn't be a thread about him here, let alone a dozen of them. His name makes him relevant here.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If his name was Chad Jones, there wouldn't be a thread about him here, let alone a dozen of them. His name makes him relevant here.

If he didn't have the off-field issues he would be talked about with Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, and Watson. The kid can sling the football. He will start an NFL game for someone in time. That's an NFL throw at the 1:40 mark 3:08 and 3:28 Tyrod never does fwiw.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

For me character is always a tough issue when dealing with projecting a player's future success...

First of all let me say this,...his talent is undeniable. With that said, I think Buffalo could be the best place for him in the entire league with Jim and the rest of the family to keep him in order and remind him what type of young man he needs to be to fulfill his dream.

Not sure if the third is the right time, but I believe his talent is way above the 5th round value.

Why would you assume that Uncle Jimbo and the rest of the family would suddenly be able to keep him in line, when they've pretty well utterly failed up to this point?

Kelly here in Buffalo would be a disaster for both sides.

Way too much pressure on the kid having that name, combined with a known partier being surrounded by his hometown buddies.

This. First tyrod incompletion and half the crowd will be calling for this kid to come off the bench. He has some talent but i don't see him as an elite talent. Kid has has 2 significant knee injuries already so durability could be a problem as well.

I don't see kelly being drafted before the 5th round and hopefully the Bills stay away. If Kelly has a chance to succeed it is with another organization.

This was my point. And no one on this board needs to have seen Jim play to understand that he is the living face of this organization--especially over the past few years.

I bet you would still have a thread about him.

I wouldn't touch Kelly. He might get it figured out, but it's not going to be on his first team and it's certainly not going to be here surrounded by enablers. QB is a position you can not gamble on questionable character, especially as a rookie. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him in a few years when he's a reclamation project, but there's a long way to go before any light switch is getting turned on. Guys like Webb / Watson / Kizer / Mahomes appear to understand the work ethic and approach necessary to the position. If Kelly lights the league on fire right away, good for him, but I'm not risking a draft pick to have a front row seat to the show.

Buffalo would be the perfect place for ol' AK 47. Pegula could sign him as the first rap artist to diversify his sports and entertainment management company, and after hours he could hang out with Andrew Peters and punch local high schoolers.

I legitimately spit some coffee back into my thermos

The kid is a punk, and a wannabe gangster. All the known incidents are out there and plentiful. Icing on the cake was after all the stories and the exposure, his friend posts a photo of him rolling blunts on a kitchen table. Maybe limit your exposure instead of highlight it.

I had personal interactions with him when he was a senior in high school. Very arrogant, very entitled, very confrontational. Yes people can certainly mature, I certainly did, since my experience with him he has done nothing to reshape my opinions of him as a person. I don't want that on my football team.

I also don't think he's really that good of a QB. Good arm, mobile and tough. I don't see him working hard like is needed to achieve at the NFL level. Added all together I wouldn't take him for free.

I'd like them to trade down in the 1st and ultimately end up getting at least a 4th rounder to use on Kelly. The 3rd is too early and the 5th is probably too late.

Hard not to get at least a 4th in a trade down. The first chance would be trading down 2 spots from 10-12 and getting a 4th and 5th from the Browns. It would not seem worth it to me though. We should have a shot at Davis or Williams at 10. Could lose out on both at 12. Even worse, the Browns might use the pick on one of them.

I expect our picks in the first 3 rounds will be a choice of 3 among, WR, S,CB & LB. (not that those would necessarily be my choices.)

I do think that unfortunately, our best chance that the Bills do pick a QB this year is someone in the 5th. If Kelly is there, I would expect it to be him.

If you think Chad Kelly will somehow drop to the 5 round then you are sadly mistaking.

Quarterback are on every teams radar. Some team will take the gamble and suck him up by the end of round 3

Sure he made a few mistakes but these are young men. Lots of players get in trouble but the team protects them and it goes unreported.

If you really, really like him then the Bills better outsmart a few NFL teams.

Me, I grab him in the 3rd and never look back....I believe he is a 1st rounder that lost his way. I can live with a 3rd round mistake

Could be the steal of the draft even in the 3rd

In a year when our roster has more holes in it then a shotgun blasted birdshot target, you want to waste a pick on a borderline psychotic player that has Ryan Leaf bust/breakdown all over?

Let's not, because we already did, and did, and did.

IMHO, he is another guy who gets more attention than his off-field behavior and on-field accomplishments deserve, because of his famous name.

Streaky decision making on field, poor decision making off field. Yes, he's got a big arm and a competitive nature, but it takes more than that to succeed in the NFL these days. Tell the truth folks, if he were named "Lebowitz", would you still be interested?