BBMB brief orientation...

SDS

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way this is a great thing because it'll increase the Bills talk in here.

Yes. And I can't speak for others, but that board was at a point where I wanted to leave it but the people you get to know on there is why you can't stop. Now some of those people are here.

Kind of a "methadone" to our BBMB addiction ending so abruptly.

After perusing all of the Bills forums and message boards out there quite a few years ago now, i found that TBD had a significantly lower percentage of !@#$tards as compared to the other sites. It is the internet after all, however, and the best one can hope for out there is about a 20% !@#$tard rate, which TBD maintains pretty steadily. Unfortunately I do also have to be honest and admit that the BBMB appeared to have one of the higher !@#$tard rates of all the available sources at the time of my searches. This conclusion came after a couple months (off and on) of study at the time. By no means is this necessarily a reflection on any of those who may have migrated from there recently, as I am sure there are also many quality posters that will add insight here. This is just more of a plea to keep our !@#$tard rate at it's nice and steady low(ish) rate and to think twice/type once.

Joined here a few months ago and had been at BBMB since 2004. Really excited to see how the two communities mesh. There's @$$#0<3$ anywhere you might go and especially on the internet, but both boards have a majority of members who contribute thoughtful discussion that advances our understanding of the most bizarrely masochistic fanships in sports. Cheers and Go Bills!

Very cool history here

OP read and understood, put together very well.

I have a real sense of respect for this site and hope that the migration of former bbmb members will be a nice smooth transition and we as bills fans can continue to express our views/opinions of the team/organisation going forward.

thank you Scott and GO BILLS!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2. A place where smart adults would be willing to hang. This doesn't mean everyone needed/needs to be an egghead, just that the average level of discourse needed to be high enough not to chase valuable contributors away. I often contrasted us to the old usenet communities that were unmoderated filth that no educated person would ever associate with for any length of time.

Amen.

3. That the way I would build this community was neither right nor wrong. Just my way. One of many equally valid ways.

Preach it.

5. Cater to adults over kids. No graphics in signatures and other busy layout schemes. In fact, the text based sigs may be going away to make the even design cleaner.

Mm-hmm.

6. Lightly moderated because the quality of poster we attract wouldn't need to be heavily moderated. In general, if you have a hard time with us - you really have no desire to be a real member of this community. 99% of the members here have never received a warning. Then there are the 1% who have a dozen.

7. A place where females could feel comfortable (for the most part).

8. A place that you can load/read at work without being fired for something grossly inappropriate being displayed on your monitor.

...and then all the rest of this too.

I ran from the BBMB to here for pretty much all the reasons covered above. If anyone can maintain some sense of quality and decorum, SDS, it's you.

Thanks for doing this SDS......I didn't have my passport and you still allowed me to come in...

But you better register in the registry thread or you're getting chucked back over the forum wall.

There are many valuable posters here who are known. Respect them, we value them. John Wawrow gave us insight 2 days before it broke that McDermott was our head coach, for example.

But, one important thing to remember. There are at least 3 former Bills here. Only 2 I know of active still. And thereare nnumerous professional football folks who work with various teams across the country.

There are also sources who get inside info. This can make things fun. But if you're going off of an misread instagram post do not post it as rumor or a source. Its not.

Most importantly. If someone actually makes you mad then do not look at them. Look at yourself. You're taking this way too seriously. And surely, you don't need to be that serious all the time. You'll be picked with from time to time or mocked if you're being ridiculous.

By all means if you have anything with a political spin do not post it on the main board. Even something like Make America Great Again or Russia hacked our game film can trigger a full retard in some folks. Take that to PPP. But if you do, go there and engage in a real conversation and with factual information

And, of course, Can Newton is a lousy, terrible quarterback.

That made me laugh. I'm not sure what that guy did to you, but I can appreciate your passion!

Oh, you don't have to explain that me - I know exactly what you mean x10. I feel every bit as attached to the posters here, both former and current, as all of you feel about your old digs. What the Bills did was extremely insensitive and it really shows a lack of understanding of what these long form communities can mean to people.

Its weird how you can get attached to a message board. I don't know if it's nostalgia for an internet era bye gone or something more meaningful. But, there really is something about a community like this. I could never thank you enough for keeping this site and all the good Bills' conversation going for so many years through so much bad football. All I know is that there's only one website I check everyday. The Bills and this message board, in particular, have gottten me through some very difficult times in my life. And if this site ever just vanished without warning... Well, I'd be lost! Thank you for all you do.