Trump and Russia

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was busting your balls over repeating your use of "preased".

that's okay, i deserve tons of busting every day, it doesn't pay in my work to get filled with un-humility, you'll be sent back quickly if you do...

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, you mean he not only served his country honorably but also started a business??? 

Yes. The former Clinton appointee is in business for himself and taking money from a news agency to bad-mouth the POTUS. 

9 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes. The former Clinton appointee is in business for himself and taking money from a news agency to bad-mouth the POTUS. 

Yes, an American patriot is sounding the alarm over a President who won't protect the nation. More people are speaking up, that's a good thing. If push comes to shove its good to know there will be force on the side of justice. People in the military side with the small r republican ideals. The Trumpsters might want to destroy the republic but they will be stopped 

• Haha (+1) 1

Rep. Adam Schiff taunted President Trump on Sunday, suggesting he would approve of Russian leader Vladimir Putin winning another term in office in an election critics called a sham.

“It’s easy to get 73% of the vote when you bar your 'opponents' from running. After extolling life tenure for China’s Xi, will our President now congratulate Putin on his successful elimination of democratic opposition?” Schiff, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee and a chief Trump critic, said in a tweet.

It’s easy to get 73% of the vote when you bar your "opponents" from running. After extolling life tenure for China’s Xi, will our President now congratulate Putin on his successful elimination of democratic opposition?

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) March 18, 2018

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-taunts-trump-will-our-president-now-congratulate-putin-after-election-win

Edited by Tiberius

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Rep. Adam Schiff taunted President Trump on Sunday, suggesting he would approve of Russian leader Vladimir Putin winning another term in office in an election critics called a sham.

“It’s easy to get 73% of the vote when you bar your 'opponents' from running. After extolling life tenure for China’s Xi, will our President now congratulate Putin on his successful elimination of democratic opposition?” Schiff, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee and a chief Trump critic, said in a tweet.

It’s easy to get 73% of the vote when you bar your "opponents" from running. After extolling life tenure for China’s Xi, will our President now congratulate Putin on his successful elimination of democratic opposition?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-taunts-trump-will-our-president-now-congratulate-putin-after-election-win

Breaking News: Adam Full-of-Schiff said something stupid.

Edited by Koko78

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Pot calling kettle black.  Our elections are so on the up and up Adam.

I really think Mueller is twisting in the wind. He's scrambling for leverage against Trump to be able to come to the table and call a halt and neutral truce to this fratricide. But he's coming up short - hence his continuing reaching further and further away from the nexus of this "investigation." He doesn't have the goods on Trump and he's franticly going about trying to find something - anything that he can pin him on. Trump's just sitting back and saying, "F-U! F-U! F-U!" and until Mueller gets something he's going to keep going... until 2020 if necessary. 

If Mueller drops the investigation, the IG's report is going to wipe his face with the excrement that Comey and McCabe have just shat out for all the world to see, and his blue pin-stripe suits are going to get sullied in the process. It's a bad day for the FBI and the DOJ. But, they've got it coming, and they've earned every bit of what they're going to get.

Just now, Nanker said:

He doesn't have the goods on Trump and he's franticly going about trying to find something - anything that he can pin him on.

the precedent was set on the White Water thing.  Start an investigation on a land deal and it ends up with a blow job and a blue dress.  BUSTED!!

I'm really hoping Mueller wades into the Strormy Daniels waters.  Then we can investigate a president for lieing about sex again.  That works.

Edited by reddogblitz

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

the precedent was set on the White Water thing.  Start an investigation on a land deal and it ends up with a blow job and a blue dress.  BUSTED!!

I'm really hoping Mueller wades into the Strormy Daniels waters.  Then we can investigate a president for lieing about sex again.  That works.

I don't believe Trump has lied to anyone but Melania and Mueller can't do jackshit about that.

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I really think Mueller is twisting in the wind. He's scrambling for leverage against Trump to be able to come to the table and call a halt and neutral truce to this fratricide. But he's coming up short - hence his continuing reaching further and further away from the nexus of this "investigation." He doesn't have the goods on Trump and he's franticly going about trying to find something - anything that he can pin him on. Trump's just sitting back and saying, "F-U! F-U! F-U!" and until Mueller gets something he's going to keep going... until 2020 if necessary. 

If Mueller drops the investigation, the IG's report is going to wipe his face with the excrement that Comey and McCabe have just shat out for all the world to see, and his blue pin-stripe suits are going to get sullied in the process. It's a bad day for the FBI and the DOJ. But, they've got it coming, and they've earned every bit of what they're going to get.

I disagree, because particularly since Ken Starr, the special prosecutor's investigation is an open-ended mandate to investigate anything and everything.  Mueller isn't twisting in the wind because his investigation isn't that specific - he can investigate for years, pin something unrelated to his investigation on the President, then quietly release a report that says "By the way, we didn't find anything related to the original purpose of the investigation."

Which is pretty much what Starr did - no one remembers his final report on Whitewater, which was basically "Yeah, there's nothing, big waste o' time."

This @michaelbd piece on Obama's use of Facebook profiles reminds me that, if Hillary had won the election, no one would give a single **** about Russian social media interference.

The Social-Media Panic

All that matters to the center-Left is whether Silicon Valley will keep them in power.

Make no mistake: 2016 will never happen again.” Historians are not always reliable predictors of the future, but Niall Ferguson’s analysis of how Silicon Valley and the center-Left would react to the successive and surprise victories of Brexit and Donald Trump is proving correct.

Conservatives and populists will not be allowed to use the same tools as Democrats and liberals again, or at least not use them effectively.

Silicon Valley is working with its media and governmental critics to limit the damage to the center-Left going forward. You can see the dynamic in the way that the media generates a moral panic out of stories about how Brexit and the Trump election happened, and the way Silicon Valley responds. Fake news becomes a problem, and Silicon Valley responds by hiring progressive journalists as censors. I mean “fact-checkers.”

You can see it in the demonetization of YouTube videos. Or in the new sets of regulation being imposed in European countries that deputize the social-media networks themselves as an all seeing social censor.

Please read the rest............https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/cambridge-analytica-social-media-panic/

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

This @michaelbd piece on Obama's use of Facebook profiles reminds me that, if Hillary had won the election, no one would give a single **** about Russian social media interference.

The Social-Media Panic

All that matters to the center-Left is whether Silicon Valley will keep them in power.

Make no mistake: 2016 will never happen again.” Historians are not always reliable predictors of the future, but Niall Ferguson’s analysis of how Silicon Valley and the center-Left would react to the successive and surprise victories of Brexit and Donald Trump is proving correct.

Conservatives and populists will not be allowed to use the same tools as Democrats and liberals again, or at least not use them effectively.

Silicon Valley is working with its media and governmental critics to limit the damage to the center-Left going forward. You can see the dynamic in the way that the media generates a moral panic out of stories about how Brexit and the Trump election happened, and the way Silicon Valley responds. Fake news becomes a problem, and Silicon Valley responds by hiring progressive journalists as censors. I mean “fact-checkers.”

You can see it in the demonetization of YouTube videos. Or in the new sets of regulation being imposed in European countries that deputize the social-media networks themselves as an all seeing social censor.

Please read the rest............https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/cambridge-analytica-social-media-panic/

Hence the importance of the Internet Bill of Rights.

4 minutes ago, garybusey said:

I tend to agree.

Well yeah, of course you do.

You're siding with the folks who are looking to start World War Three, engaging the Russians in a shooting war, rather than the folks who are working to normalize relations, and press for peace.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Well yeah, of course you do.

You're siding with the folks who are looking to start World War Three, engaging the Russians in a shooting war, rather than the folks who are working to normalize relations, and press for peace.

Yeah, come on guys, let's be cool-headed and non-confrontational, like Donald Trump.

Edited by Cugalabanza

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

Yeah, come on guys, let's be cool-headed and non-confrontational, like Donald Trump.

Say what you will about the man, but his foreign policy has been nothing short of world changing for the greater good. 

He is walking us back from the edge of a shooting war with Russia, which was being sought by the CIA and hawkish uni-polarist elements within our government.  He has gotten North Korea to come to the table and negotiate nuclear disarmament, he has worked to purge the bad actors in Saudi Arabia, he has defeated ISIS, he has eliminated the funding for Hezbollah which is leading to the fall of the Mullahs in Iran, and he is now working to broker peace between Israel and Palestine.

So, as distasteful as you may find it, yes, Donald Trump has been the pinnacle of tremendous global leadership, and the world is a better place for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Do you have your definition of what a store is down yet?

It was pathetic when Barack did it as well. 

He never defined it, so no.

Have you actually had an original thought yet?

Just now, Koko78 said:

He never defined it, so no.

Have you actually had an original thought yet?

Once you define the following words I'll answer your question. I'd hate to be misinterpreted by Professor Chaos.

1. have

2. you

3. actually

4. had

5. an

6. original

7. thought

8. yet

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Say what you will about the man, but his foreign policy has been nothing short of world changing for the greater good. 

He is walking us back from the edge of a shooting war with Russia, which was being sought by the CIA and hawkish uni-polarist elements within our government.  He has gotten North Korea to come to the table and negotiate nuclear disarmament, he has worked to purge the bad actors in Saudi Arabia, he has defeated ISIS, he has eliminated the funding for Hezbollah which is leading to the fall of the Mullahs in Iran, and he is now working to broker peace between Israel and Palestine.

So, as distasteful as you may find it, yes, Donald Trump has been the pinnacle of tremendous global leadership, and the world is a better place for it. 

I begrudgingly concede much of this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Once you define the following words I'll answer your question. I'd hate to be misinterpreted by Professor Chaos.

1. have

2. you

3. actually

4. had

5. an

6. original

7. thought

8. yet

Ah, so the answer is no.

Come back when you have some originality, kid.

13 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I begrudgingly concede much of this.

Be very careful here.  It's a slippery slope.

I started as a vocal Never Trump libertarian, but after beginning to begrudgingly concede to his achievements, I was compelled, by hard evidence, to begrudgingly concede to the likelihood of a targeted conspiracy against his Administration by treasonous elements within our prior government and career holdovers still entrenched; and now here I am publicly defending him on a fringe NFL fan site.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I started as a vocal Never Trump libertarian, but after beginning to begrudgingly concede to his achievements, I was compelled, by hard evidence, to begrudgingly concede to the likelihood of a targeted conspiracy against his Administration by treasonous elements within our prior government and career holdovers still entrenched; and now here I am publicly defending him on a fringe NFL fan site.

:lol:

The world is so bonkers, I feel like anything is possible at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I started as a vocal Never Trump libertarian.....

Not only vocal, but adamant. You wouldn't even vote for him as an anti-Hillary vote. You supported Johnson, as I recall. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is a bunch of crap.

This is no FRINGE NFL fan site! 

• Haha (+1) 2