Trump and Russia

On 6/26/2020 at 2:54 AM, snafu said:

What you posted is not the executive summary of the Mueller Report. 

Read it.  Starts on pg 4 of volume 1. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I read it before I posted that. I thought it was a pretty accurate summary of the summary.

Which parts are inaccurate?

I’m saying what you posted is a summarization of someone’s fantasy.

Which parts are fantasy?

They started investigating him and his associates nine months (maybe more) before he became “the most powerful man on Earth”. I’d also like to point out that becoming president doesn’t invest anyone with Sauron-like powers. If you’re saying that Trump somehow used his unlimited power (yes, Palpatine, not Sauron) to stop Mueller, then why were Flynn, Cohen, Stone, and Manafort each hauled into trouble?  Trump actually could have snapped his fingers and stopped the investigation of himself and his buddies (you guess that reference). He didn’t. Such untapped power.  What a waste.

Into trouble as the President continues to use everything in his power (except his Pardon power, yet...) to pull them out... see recent developments for Flynn and Stone.

He got away with what? Russia collusion?

Yes. And probably conspiracy.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I read it before I posted that. I thought it was a pretty accurate summary of the summary.

Which parts are inaccurate?

Which parts are fantasy?

Into trouble as the President continues to use everything in his power (except his Pardon power, yet...) to pull them out... see recent developments for Flynn and Stone.

Yes. And probably conspiracy.

1) pretty much all of it

2) pretty much all of it

3) I’m sure Trump’s associates appreciate all the help they got while sitting in jail

4) collusion isn’t a crime.  Conspiracy to do what?

• Like (+1) 2

Harry Reid strikes again

Washington Examiner, by Editorial

Original Article

When he was running the U.S. Senate in 2012, Harry Reid asserted, without presenting evidence, that an anonymous source had told him that Republican nominee Mitt Romney was a tax cheat. “So, the word is out that he has not paid any taxes for 10 years,” the majority leader declared from the Senate floor. “Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn’t.”

It was a classless move from a classless politician. As it turned out, his comment didn’t bear any relation to reality. In reality, it turned out that Romney paid millions of dollars in taxes each year and gave a significant amount to charity.

Asked years later if he had any regrets about the dastardly attack, Reid replied, “Romney didn’t win, did he?”

A lot has changed since 2012. Back then, Romney proudly accepted Donald Trump’s endorsement for president. Also back then, Democrats mocked the Republican nominee for arguing that Russia posed a serious threat to America. But one thing has held constant: Even in retirement, Reid is behaving like a dishonest weasel by making outrageous assertions that he cannot back up.

In a new book, Reid has now declared there’s “no question” that Russian hackers tampered with vote totals in 2016.

“I think one reason the elections weren’t what they should have been was because the Russians manipulated the votes. It’s that simple," Reid said. “It doesn’t take a math expert to understand that by changing a few votes, the outcome will be different. So, I have no doubt.”

There are multiple variations of the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory, and Reid is no stranger to them. A week before the 2016 election, in a letter accusing James Comey of breaking the law by revealing that the FBI was looking into Hillary Clinton emails, Reid also claimed, “In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.”

Of course, we know how that story ends — with years of investigation by Robert Mueller failing to establish any conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to swing the election.

But as inaccurate as the Trump-Russia collusion narrative ended up being, the idea that Russian hackers were actually able to tap into voting systems to change vote counts is pure tinfoil hat territory.

More at the link

• Thank you (+1) 1

“The Lincoln Project has nothing to do with principle, and everything to do with lining the pockets of failed consultants by attacking conservatives,” David McIntosh, Club for Growth Action president, said in a statement. “While the group is the darling of the liberal media, the fact is that it’s a Democrat front group and one of the least efficient ways for anti-Trumpers to spend their political dollars.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Is this another white supremacist shooter?

You are a disingenuous liar and an anti-semite.

Wow! A Democrat group, with mostly Republican donors. Those clever Dems!

I am Jewish, asswipe.

Just now, Kemp said:

Wow! A Democrat group, with mostly Republican donors. Those clever Dems!

I am Jewish, asswipe.

Then why do you support the most anti-Semitic NY mayor in generations?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

Then why do you support the most anti-Semitic NY mayor in generations?

1. I don't support DeBlasio.

2. Why do you support the most anti-Semitic president in generations? The guy who thinks there are good Nazis. The guy who claims he doesn't know who David Duke. The guy who retweets white power folk. The guy who all the anti-Semites on 4 Chan support. The guy who supports those that carry the Confederate flag. The guy who supports Victor Orban, the anti-Semitic president of Hungary.

There are a lot more examples,  but providing logic to Trump supporters only results in personal attacks, because facts overwhelm them.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If you don't you have a funny way of proving it.  

Still waiting for you to show proof of the Hasid funeral apocalypse, which I recall you were fully onboard with DiBlasio's admonishment of all Jews.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

2. Why do you support the most anti-Semitic president in generations? The guy who thinks there are good Nazis. The guy who claims he doesn't know who David Duke. The guy who retweets white power folk. The guy who all the anti-Semites on 4 Chan support. The guy who supports those that carry the Confederate flag. The guy who supports Victor Orban, the anti-Semitic president of Hungary.

There are a lot more examples,  but providing logic to Trump supporters only results in personal attacks, because facts overwhelm them.

I look through stupid tweets to see actionable items before I offer an opinion.  Which is why it's easy to spot DiBlasio's real anti-semitic actions vs Trump's perceived ones.

After all, one of those two has a Jewish son in law and a converted daughter.  Only one shows unconditional support for Israel and its efforts to fight true enemies of Judaism and Jews.   

Anti-semitic attacks have risen by 90% in the last 5 years, and a very tiny percentage were perpetrated by anything related to white supremacists.  When elderly Jews go out in the streets of Brooklyn, they are not afraid of swastika wearing skinheads smacking them in the head.

• Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, GG said:

Still waiting for you to show proof of the Hasid funeral apocalypse, which I recall you were fully onboard with DiBlasio's admonishment of all Jews.

I look through stupid tweets to see actionable items before I offer an opinion.  Which is why it's easy to spot DiBlasio's real anti-semitic actions vs Trump's perceived ones.

After all, one of those two has a Jewish son in law and a converted daughter.  Only one shows unconditional support for Israel and its efforts to fight true enemies of Judaism and Jews.   

Anti-semitic attacks have risen by 90% in the last 5 years, and a very tiny percentage were perpetrated by anything related to white supremacists.  When elderly Jews go out in the streets of Brooklyn, they are not afraid of swastika wearing skinheads smacking them in the head.

Way to go. You answered exactly zero of my questions. Big surprise. 

Yes, I was against what the Hasidic group did in NYC, where I live.

During the height of the lockdown, they held a wedding with 1,000 guests pressed against each other, putting them and everyone they came into contact with in mortal danger. That is unacceptable. 

Another time, after all of the city parks were locked up. They went with lock cutters and broke open their local park. That is unacceptable.

Therein lies a major difference between us. I don't like DeBlasio, but thought he was right on these incidents.

You, a major Trump supporter, are incapable of disagreeing with anything Trump does. You are not a supporter. You are a member of a cult.

27 minutes ago, GG said:

The only reason Trump is happy to have his Jewish son--in-law is because his family had more wealth, and in the end, his sole motivation is lining his pockets.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

That doesn't mean you are correct in your perceptions or views, nor does it preclude you from being an idiot...

He called me an anti-Semite. Both of my parents were Holocaust survivors.

Your opinion of me means zilch to me.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kemp said:

Your opinion of me means zilch to me.

I didn't offer an opinion of you. I simply stated your heritage does not legitimize your opinions, nor does it stop you from having idiotic opinions. 

See the difference?

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Way to go. You answered exactly zero of my questions. Big surprise. 

Yes, I was against what the Hasidic group did in NYC, where I live.

During the height of the lockdown, they held a wedding with 1,000 guests pressed against each other, putting them and everyone they came into contact with in mortal danger. That is unacceptable. 

Another time, after all of the city parks were locked up. They went with lock cutters and broke open their local park. That is unacceptable.

Therein lies a major difference between us. I don't like DeBlasio, but thought he was right on these incidents.

You, a major Trump supporter, are incapable of disagreeing with anything Trump does. You are not a supporter. You are a member of a cult.

This is why you are a fraud.  I answer far more of your questions than your usual hit & run approach.  i've been asking you for months to provide a follow up to the scaremongering that was going on in Williamsburg.  An honest accounting would have shown that the group reached herd immunity in mid to late April.  But you're too scared to admit the truth, and contribute to further demonization of a Jewish sect.

DiBlasio's actions were pure vindictiveness directed at a group that didn't support him.   There was absolutely no valid reason to keep anyone in NY off playgrounds as late as May, when he was fully supportive of open protests where many more people congregated.   Funny that you're ok with BLM protests disobeying the laws, but are up in arms when a handful of Hasids take wire-cutters to a playground chain.

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn't offer an opinion of you. I simply stated your heritage does not legitimize your opinions, nor does it stop you from having idiotic opinions. 

See the difference?

Yup. Do you understand it works the same way for everyone, including you?

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Yup. Do you understand it works the same way for everyone, including you?

I do. That is why I didn't get personal the way you do when you can no longer defend your position. Which, is pretty much as soon as you state your postion.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I do. That is why I didn't get personal the way you do when you can no longer defend your position. Which, is pretty much as soon as you state your postion.

I don't believe you are new here, but I have been attacked personally, far more than I have done it.

The King of Personal Attacks here is DR. Curious as to if you have accused him of the same.

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't believe you are new here, but I have been attacked personally, far more than I have done it.

The King of Personal Attacks here is DR. Curious as to if you have accused him of the same.

You were never attacked personally, until you tried to Doxx DR. You always leave that part out... 

Because you're not a very honest person. And because in your doxxing attempt, you embarrassed yourself fully. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Not a fan of personal attacks by anyone. However, I tend to see it occur under two primary situations. The first is when a discussion becomes heated and devolves or when one side has no real interest in substantive discussion. We all are guilty of that on occasion. The second situation is when someone is legitimately challenged about their views, can no longer intellectually defend their views, and turn it personal - usually in the form of accusations of racism, sexism, etc.

The second situation is the more troublesome to me.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not a fan of personal attacks by anyone. However, I tend to see it occur under two primary situations. The first is when a discussion becomes heated and devolves or when one side has no real interest in substantive discussion. We all are guilty of that on occasion. The second situation is when someone is legitimately challenged about their views, can no longer intellectually defend their views, and turn it personal - usually in the form of accusations of racism, sexism, etc.

The second situation is the more troublesome to me.

And unfortunately more prevalent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

If that is the case, then you should be fully aware that all cases of violence against Jews in recorded history were preceded by the subtle Antisemitism sowed by the elites.  Guess what's been bubbling up in the last 20 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

Russian democracy is a farce. Putin wants the same fate for America

Opinion by Garry Kasparov

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/opinions/russian-democracy-is-a-farce-kasparov/index.html

Interesting article

Chinese democracy is a farce. Emperor Xi wants the same fate for America.

Yeah, I am sure we can trust Xi...

he only sent the COVID 19 bio weapon to America...

no big deal...

everything is just great now...

can we now please send more jobs to China...

Edited by Reality Check

Russia and China agree on everything...

they cooperate on every level...

and yet Russia is bad...

China is good?

and yet the bioweapon during an election year came from China?

There is a lack of congruency to the logic here...

perhaps both countries are our enemies?

But how can China be our enemy when they receive more of our jobs and provide cheap products?

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/5/2020 at 7:45 AM, Reality Check said:

Russia and China agree on everything...

they cooperate on every level...

and yet Russia is bad...

China is good?

and yet the bioweapon during an election year came from China?

There is a lack of congruency to the logic here...

perhaps both countries are our enemies?

But how can China be our enemy when they receive more of our jobs and provide cheap products?

Common enemies, Trump that is of both the left and China. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, We Come In Peace said:

You were never attacked personally, until you tried to Doxx DR. You always leave that part out... 

Because you're not a very honest person. And because in your doxxing attempt, you embarrassed yourself fully. 

Unsure if you're lying or mistaken.

He had called me all sorts of names before I compared his posts to those of someone on Twitter. Didn't think he was the guy, because he doesn't have an original thought in his head. That's why he's always posting tweets of other basement dwellers.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, GG said:

If that is the case, then you should be fully aware that all cases of violence against Jews in recorded history were preceded by the subtle Antisemitism sowed by the elites.  Guess what's been bubbling up in the last 20 years?

Funny that you left out that until the Muslims took over the mantle, it was almost always the good Christians leading the way in anti-Semitism.Is that what you meant by the elites?

On 7/5/2020 at 8:25 AM, ALF said:

Russian democracy is a farce. Putin wants the same fate for America

Opinion by Garry Kasparov

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/opinions/russian-democracy-is-a-farce-kasparov/index.html

Interesting article

Just makes sense, a terrorist dictator running a fake democracy doesn’t like a government actually representing its people. Real republics are a threat to the fake ones 

On 7/5/2020 at 8:30 AM, Reality Check said:

Chinese democracy is a farce. Emperor Xi wants the same fate for America.

Yeah, I am sure we can trust Xi...

he only sent the COVID 19 bio weapon to America...

no big deal...

everything is just great now...

can we now please send more jobs to China...

'''all of this worn out yap about Russia......how 'bout this from Quid Pro Joe's "friends"?......

FBI Director Wray says half of bureau’s 5,000 counterintelligence cases are related to China

Most Americans have likely had their information stolen already, Wray says

• Like (+1) 1