Trump and Russia

Well, I for one hope we can find a palatable solution. Kids should be safe in schools. Worshipers should be safe in their houses of worship. Shoppers should be safe in our shopping malls. Spectators should be safe at their sporting venues. 

I lived in NJ for almost 25 years. I had a FID and bought firearms. NJ has just about the most strict gun control laws in the nation. I don't have a problem with how they handled things. Although some jurisdictions really dragged their feet on issuing FIDs. However, getting a concealed carry permit is next to impossible there. One other idiotic (to me) twist is that air cartridge pellet pistols and BB guns are considered a "Firearm". That's beyond the pale IMO. 

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We just don't if Russian interference changed the election results. They might have 

No, Hillary being the most horrific candidate in Presidential Election history is what changed votes, nothing more, nothing less.

The sooner people realize this fact, the better off we will be in this country.

SMH.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No, Hillary being the most horrific candidate in Presidential Election history is what changed votes, nothing more, nothing less.

SMH.

Hillary was way better a candidate than:

McGovern

Carter

Mondale

Dukakis

Hillary was in the realm of plausible winning candidates like:

Humphrey

Gore

Kerry

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

SMH.

She got the most votes, so only an idiot would say that 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Hillary was way better a candidate than:

McGovern

Carter

Mondale

Dukakis

Hillary was in the realm of plausible winning candidates like:

Humphrey

Gore

Kerry

Hmmm...I'd say Carter was a better candidate. He really ran a great campaign in 1976. He started with nothing in primaries but built a campaign just walking around New Hampshire 

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No, only an idiot would say she was a good candidate.

she was a very good Dem candidate, I thought right up to about 1am that night that she was a shoe-in to win the election

just because she lost doesn't mean she was horrible, this is as bad as attacking Jim Kelly for not winning a Super Bowl, whining that Jim was no better than Tyrod.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tibs, even in hindsight, do you believe Hillary was a bogus and terrible candidate?

I don't think she would have beat Romney, but minus Russia and the FBI's nonsense before the election she would of won easily. 

A Trump victory might just be a silver lining though. Activating younger voters, clarifying how bad the GOP really is, getting hispanics involved more. Hillary would have simply been paralyzed by a dysfunctional congress anyway. But Trump might seriously damage the country still, so who knows 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don't think she would have beat Romney, but minus Russia and the FBI's nonsense before the election she would of won easily. 

A Trump victory might just be a silver lining though. Activating younger voters, clarifying how bad the GOP really is, getting hispanics involved more. Hillary would have simply been paralyzed by a dysfunctional congress anyway. But Trump might seriously damage the country still, so who knows 

Just like lowering the voting age would guarantee Nixon would lose his re-election?

The MSM boldly tells us a narrative for an election and when OFTEN dead 100% wrong they just shrug and set up the next narrative, no a second of self-reflection in their soulless shadows.

Romney was put forward as a sacrifice because there was no way Obama was losing his re-election.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She got the most votes, so only an idiot would say that 

Hmmm...I'd say Carter was a better candidate. He really ran a great campaign in 1976. He started with nothing in primaries but built a campaign just walking around New Hampshire 

Carter was as terrible a candidate as he was a president. The public was fed up with the establishment at the time and he was seen as an outsider among democrats, and against Ford, well that idiot had pardoned Nixon so the people were pissed. Trump won for largely the same reason, he was an outsider at a time the people were fed up with the establishment. But just like Ford, if Trump dares to pardon anyone following this IG report, he will not stand a chance in 2020

20 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Carter was as terrible a candidate as he was a president. The public was fed up with the establishment at the time and he was seen as an outsider among democrats, and against Ford, well that idiot had pardoned Nixon so the people were pissed. Trump won for largely the same reason, he was an outsider at a time the people were fed up with the establishment. But just like Ford, if Trump dares to pardon anyone following this IG report, he will not stand a chance in 2020

the only time the US has completely biffed the election was Carter over Ford for my time watching.

it was fully understandable after Nam and Watergate, so they get a pass on that one

56 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Carter was a southern Democrat, that helped him a lot. As Southern whites were fleeing the Democratic party he was able to get a lot of their votes still. Ford was a good man but was not hard core enough for many anti-detante Republicans (See Reagan) 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Carter was a southern Democrat, that helped him a lot. As Southern whites were fleeing the Democratic party he was able to get a lot of their votes still. Ford was a good man but was not hard core enough for many anti-detante Republicans (See Reagan) 

and after the way Nam and Watergate messed things up... people were allowed to do something really stupid like elect Carter....

Nam/Watergate Era the second worst thing to happen to the US.

(Civil War was #1)

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's racist.

with all the due-est respect I may muster up from Canada, and having taken the 3-hour guided tour of Gettysburg, your Civil War was a keeper and worthy of mention for historic tragedy...  just sayin' no harm intended...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

with all the due-est respect I may muster up from Canada, and having taken the 3-hour guided tour of Gettysburg, your Civil War was a keeper and worthy of mention for historic tragedy...  just sayin' no harm intended...

Oh, so you're saying it's a tragedy that the blacks were freed from slavery????  Wear that white hood and fly that Confederate flag proudly!