Tyrod hasnt heard from the Bills at all

BeastMode54

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just listening to ESPN NY and Anita Marks said she spoke with Tyrod Taylor at the NFLPA party last night. She said she really liked him and that he wanted to come back to Buffalo. Also, that he had been speaking with the coaching staff. But as far as the front office, his representation hasn't received a phone call regarding his future since the end of the season. He referred to the communication as "crickets". She also said the Bills genuinely do have an interest in Romo, and the Cardinals have a high level of interest in Tyrod. Don't know if this means anything, but thought it was odd there hasn't even been a phone call. In addition, regarding the Jets, Chris Canty said he has inside knowledge that the Jets have serious interest in a QB he couldn't name that is on another team right now and it's not Mike Glennon. (They speculated it was Kaepernick).

Well, keep in mind the only reason Tyrod and his agent would hear from the FO would be if they want to try to reno his contract.

I don't think the Bills are going to keep Tyrod, or release Tyrod, without regard to who else is available either through FA or trade.

I would think that the coaching staff came in with an opinion (especially Dennison). This can't be something that they are still debating.

What's the hurry, they have, what, another 3 weeks? This organization behaves oddly...if they have any thoughts/hopes to have the contract renegotiated then they better get after it.

It's a strange dynamic at the moment. He's talking to the coaches but his agent hasn't gotten a call? One would think that the Bills know what the plan is with Tyrod.

I don't know about that. They just hired a new coaching staff and they (the coaches) need time to evaluate him. It is smart for the Bills to take their time and make a big decision like this - nothing to be gained by calling his agent to say "we are thinking".

This is not just about Taylor. They have to evaluate other QB options via the draft, FA and possibly trade. They also have to evaluate what state the team will be in after FA. If they think that they will lose Gilmore and decide to release Aaron Williams due to injury concerns, they may not be competitive enough to warrant bringing Taylor back. If they think the rest of the roster can be good enough to compete for the playoffs, they may bring Taylor back - else they may just take their lumps and start a rebuild.

I can see how he hasn't heard back from the FO yet. They are currently looking at all their options and clearly haven't committed to Tyrod. What are they going to say to him right now? But he is still on contract and as long as he is showing up, working out, talking with coaches, etc. there is nothing to see here. I imagine the coaching staff likes Tyrod, but not against potential upgrades via draft or trade. If the FO really does want Romo, they probably won't even talk to TT's agent about restructures or whatever until they know it's not happening.

I think you hit the situation directly on the head. I'm thinking we will start to hear more crystalized information once the combine starts.

They should know by then if other options are viable. Things will happen fast because I believe it's a short window between the combine and start of the league year.

It's a strange dynamic at the moment. He's talking to the coaches but his agent hasn't gotten a call? One would think that the Bills know what the plan is with Tyrod.

They likely are seeing if they can get an upgrade before deciding what to do. No sense in telling Tyrod,"Hey...we are trying to get an upgrade but if we can't we will settle for you."...

I mean what are they going to tell him, "We aren't sure yet"?

In this case the best thing to say is nothing.

I don't know about that. They just hired a new coaching staff and they (the coaches) need time to evaluate him. It is smart for the Bills to take their time and make a big decision like this - nothing to be gained by calling his agent to say "we are thinking".

This is not just about Taylor. They have to evaluate other QB options via the draft, FA and possibly trade. They also have to evaluate what state the team will be in after FA. If they think that they will lose Gilmore and decide to release Aaron Williams due to injury concerns, they may not be competitive enough to warrant bringing Taylor back. If they think the rest of the roster can be good enough to compete for the playoffs, they may bring Taylor back - else they may just take their lumps and start a rebuild.

I don't think rebuild is in the plans. They lose Gilmore, but you still have Shady, Sammy, Clay a decent O-line, probably Kyle, Dareus, Hughes. I think the the TT decision comes down to different strategies of moving forward.

If they keep TT then they sign lower end FA's again to fill out roster and use the draft to grab a #2 WR, a CB and a Safety to fill in the holes. But with an eye toward making a playoff run as they planned last season.

If they let TT go, I think we see them use the savings of not paying him to re-sign Brown, Lo, Woods, possibly Gilmore if they can get him to come down on his desired number, use the 10th pick to grab their QB and let that QB come into a team that is built up around him.

If they can't get Romo I don't think they mess around with a Cutler or Glennon. They either keep TT, gamble on Romo or grab the "future" in April.

What's the hurry, they have, what, another 3 weeks? This organization behaves oddly...if they have any thoughts/hopes to have the contract renegotiated then they better get after it.

Yeah, I'm with you. There is really no benefit to waiting. If they want him back the FO should be talking to his agent. If they don't want him back why are the coaches bothering to talk to him? It's odd for sure

They don't really need to talk to him, he is under contract. The fact that he is wondering about this makes me think he might be open to renegotiating.

i agree. it's liek some fans think we need to send these guys love notes and stuff to make them feel important.

when we are on vacation how many times does our work reach out to us to just talk? than again, how many would answer their work on vacation?

I was just listening to ESPN NY and Anita Marks said she spoke with Tyrod Taylor at the NFLPA party last night. She said she really liked him and that he wanted to come back to Buffalo. Also, that he had been speaking with the coaching staff. But as far as the front office, his representation hasn't received a phone call regarding his future since the end of the season. He referred to the communication as "crickets". She also said the Bills genuinely do have an interest in Romo, and the Cardinals have a high level of interest in Tyrod. Don't know if this means anything, but thought it was odd there hasn't even been a phone call. In addition, regarding the Jets, Chris Canty said he has inside knowledge that the Jets have serious interest in a QB he couldn't name that is on another team right now and it's not Mike Glennon. (They speculated it was Kaepernick).

Please please please let Krappernick go to the jets; not only will they suck we will get to kill his traitor ass twice a year.

hopefully TT goes to the cards as this eliminates Romo from them and gives us a better shot to get him.

McDermott, go have a sit down with Tony and he will be here asap!

just waiting for the trading season to begin

Probably because they haven't made a decision

the best thing that came out of that is that the Jets might sign Kap. If they do Kap starts for them next season and we can check off 2 wins for us depending who our QB is.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tyrod is a "look at me" type who I would kick straight to the curb and look forward to competing against if another team is dumb enough to let him play. At the preseason game in D.C. you could spot him from a mile away because he was the only guy wearing a red hat, desperately trying to stand out, not being a team player. Get rid of this punk, who by the way CAN'T throw a pass. I am a VT Hokie but not a fan of Tyrod at all. I would take Vick over this loser, if the goal is to win.

I think you are confusing TT with Cam

I would think that the coaching staff came in with an opinion (especially Dennison). This can't be something that they are still debating.

agreed. the politics annoy me though.

crickets just freak a guy out. maybe a call should have been made, saying we are waiting on the Coaches and there is a timeline for these things.

Gotta be tough at that level.

I really think it's because they aren't going to keep him. Just seems that way to me.

Imagine what he thinks then ?