Post your Super Bowl Menu!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time ever, it's just the wife and I this year at home...

Venison/pork combo hot sausages

Sun dried tomato and pesto potato salad

Chips and bison dip (general snacking throughout pregame)

A dip of some sort that is undecided that my wife is going to make - open to suggestions fellas so feel free to help out

Lots of beer, mostly my own home brew

:lol:

Buffalo shrimp....Wings... bleu cheese... Carrot sticks.... KILLLER Nachos....

I've been touring around the internet for a top shelf nacho recipe to make at home...lots ideas but I still don't think I've found "it" yet.

"KILLER Nachos" has me interested...if you care to share some details please do!

I'll have a cooler of Old Mill's beside the couch...and no dietary food restrictions on this end.....yet :D

I'm heading to a party, but will probably take a load of "Sam's Sausage". It consists of bite sized hunks cooked sausage (Hillshire, etc.) in equal parts bourbon, taco sauce and brown sugar. Enough to cover. Bake it for a while, then let it cool to skim fat. Reheat when ready to eat. Delicious! It's called Sam's sausage because when we left the living room to have dinner one holiday, we heard a loud slurping noise from the living room. Sam was my rather impetuous Golden Retriever. It probably used to have some other name, but that's what we've called this dish for 30+ years.

I'm heading to a party, but will probably take a load of "Sam's Sausage". It consists of bite sized hunks cooked sausage (Hillshire, etc.) in equal parts bourbon, taco sauce and brown sugar. Enough to cover. Bake it for a while, then let it cool to skim fat. Reheat when ready to eat. Delicious! It's called Sam's sausage because when we left the living room to have dinner one holiday, we heard a loud slurping noise from the living room. Sam was my rather impetuous Golden Retriever. It probably used to have some other name, but that's what we've called this dish for 30+ years.

is it Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa

Seriously? Dang dude.

I don't mess around.

Going to a friend's for the 5th annual taco bowl. Used to be a cosby sweater party... but changed for obvious reasons.

He does taco's and coronas, i'll probably make some wings and bring those.

I'd have gone the other way and kept the sweaters and started putting roofies in the drinks. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Dude, you can get Skyline locally. We always have it in the cupboard. Wife gets it either at Tops or Wegmans - one of them sells it one doesn't. I think it is Wegmans that carries it. It is heaven over the top of spaghetti. - With onions and cheese yes please. We stop and eat at a Skyline every time we are in southern Ohio. I would think those restaurants would do well here in WNY.

So you know five way Chili!!!

I knew there was something about you I liked :thumbsup:

Now i am on a mission for Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up, Cannot believe I have never noticed it in the grocery. I shop at both Tops and The Wegs..

Shredded Cheddar and beans and onions and basketti for me !!

-E

For the first time ever, it's just the wife and I this year at home...

Venison/pork combo hot sausages

Sun dried tomato and pesto potato salad

Chips and bison dip (general snacking throughout pregame)

A dip of some sort that is undecided that my wife is going to make - open to suggestions fellas so feel free to help out

Lots of beer, mostly my own home brew

How do you make Bison Dip ?

I don't mess around.

I'd have gone the other way and kept the sweaters and started putting roofies in the drinks.

Thats my kinda partay.

What time should i arrive. Give my extra roofies, i have a high tolerance

Loaded nachos with chicken

Pizza Buns

Chili Cheese Dogs

Chili

Baked bacon and cheese buns

CBF

I would have to live on Salad a full week before and after if that was my menu !

Gosh i love indulging !!

Will there be BEERS ?

Mild beef chili

Spicy chicken chili

Italian-style chicken cutlets

BBQ beef brisket

Antipasto salad

Sausage/cream cheese/tomato dip

Stuffed banana peppers

Cheese and fruit trays

Mexican chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake

Vanilla-raspberry cheesecake

A few dozen Paula's donuts

OMG . You have never struck me as a portly fella, but... just kidding. This sounds amazing and a very good blend of some Italian heritage and some traditional tailgate fare. Very nice!! Edited by atlbillsfan1975

OMG . You have never struck me as a portly fella, but... just kidding. This sounds amazing and a very good blend of some Italian heritage and some traditional tailgate fare. Very nice!!

If he is portly? He is surely a Happy portly !!

2 outta 3 aint bad

one of the best beers i have ever had was Miller.

But it was not from around here.

I road tripped to Alabama around 79-80. While we were there we bought a case of Miller Cans. It was from the texas brewery i noticed. I looked because it tasted nothing like NY Millers.

Never captured that from a Miller again though

and by the way, isn't that a song ? 2 outta 3

edit

we bought and drank many cases to be sure it was as good as it first seemed. it was

:lol:

We usually have between 30 and 40 people.

Hope you have air freshener for that herd

I road tripped to Alabama around 79-80. While we were there we bought a case of Miller Cans. It was from the texas brewery i noticed. I looked because it tasted nothing like NY Millers.

edit

we bought and drank many cases to be sure it was as good as it first seemed. it was

Meatloaf

And who said i was talking about the Miller?

Nothing, I don't watch NE Superbowls

The Monk fasting?

Go...

We always have foods from the two cities being represented in the game. I am so freaking tired of NE foods! That said...

Sam Adams

Sweet tea & vodka

NE clam chowder

Lobster rolls

Fried chicken

Peach cobbler

Pecan pie

Nice. We usually add the host city as well. Not hosting this year though. The late start and finish to the Sunday game has put a real damper on SB partying.

edit

Back in the 80's I noticed the same thing about Budweiser in Arizona compared to Budweiser around here. It tasted a lot different. I was like WTF? My brother said it was because they brewed it at a western brewery compared to the stuff we were used to in NY which maybe came from Columbus OH? Not sure? But it was considerably different.

By the way...That Skyline Chili is in the regular chili/tuna fish aisle at Wegmans. I asked the wife. She said that is where you will find it. Should be found in any Wegmans. Get some 5 way this Sunday!

Enjoy brother!

Back in the 80's I noticed the same thing about Budweiser in Arizona compared to Budweiser around here. It tasted a lot different. I was like WTF? My brother said it was because they brewed it at a western brewery compared to the stuff we were used to in NY which maybe came from Columbus OH? Not sure? But it was considerably different.

By the way...That Skyline Chili is in the regular chili/tuna fish aisle at Wegmans. I asked the wife. She said that is where you will find it. Should be found in any Wegmans. Get some 5 way this Sunday!

Enjoy brother!

yep there is a huge Budweiser plant in Columbus. My neighbor works there and gets like 10 free cases per month of all kinds of beer varieties that they brew there. He doesn't really drink beer so he delivers it to our doorsteps (a few select neighbors) every few weeks. I'm never moving :) Edited by YoloinOhio

yep there is a huge Budweiser plant in Columbus. My neighbor works there and gets like 10 free cases per month of all kinds of beer varieties that they brew there. He doesn't really drink beer so he delivers it to our doorsteps (a few select neighbors) every few weeks. I'm never moving :)

I have to admit, it's pretty cool driving down the interstate seeing the big Budweiser cans. Kicks your mood up a notch on your way to wherever....in my case usually Cincinnati.

Yolo.. I hit German town last time I was in Columbus.. Went to some well known German joint with a buffet of 6 kinds of sausage and 3 kinds of sauerkraut... Who knew there were different kinds of sauerkraut. It was awesome. Had a small 2 or 3 guy German Polka band playing in the restaurant. Accordion...

Good time. Good brew. Good grub. Loved it. Can't remember the name of the place. But I think it was one of the more well known places there.

Edited by PolishDave

I have to admit, it's pretty cool driving down the interstate seeing the big Budweiser cans. Kicks your mood up a notch on your way to wherever....in my case usually Cincinnati.

Yolo.. I hit German town last time I was in Columbus.. Went to some well known German joint with a buffet of 6 kinds of sausage and 3 kinds of sauerkraut... Who knew there were different kinds of sauerkraut. It was awesome. Had a small 2 or 3 guy German Polka band playing in the restaurant. Accordion...

Good time. Good brew. Good grub. Loved it. Can't remember the name of the place. But I think it was one of the more well known places there.

Schmidt's! Did you try the cream puffs? Edited by YoloinOhio