The Trump Economy

GG

C-LyvCDXoAATEze.jpg

All Top 10 US States for 2017 Economic Outlook are Right-to-Work States, while All Bottom 10 Are Forced Union

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446963/free-market-policies-economic-competitiveness-business-friendly-states-growing …

That should be awesome as almost all the states listed in this "top" 10 trail the states listed in the "bottom" significantly in GDP per resident.....the real long term statistic......This rating should give them plenty of gas to catch up!

That Bonas diploma working dividends again!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be awesome as almost all the states listed in this "top" 10 trail the states listed in the "bottom" significantly in GDP per resident.....the real long term statistic......This rating should give them plenty of gas to catch up!

That Bonas diploma working dividends again!

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

Trump to withdraw from NAFTA.

The Republicans have become Dummycrats. Because protection and isolationism has such a strong track record.

Well played Trump voters.

I would file this with the reports of the aircraft carrier that suddenly appeared in North Korea.

Trump to withdraw from NAFTA.

The Republicans have become Dummycrats. Because protection and isolationism has such a strong track record.

Well played Trump voters.

He changed his mind once he found out how complicated international trade can be.... who knew....

Heard it's a one time 10% hit, so that should bring in $200bn.

Revenue neutrality is a myth. This tax plan should add a point of growth to GDP, so that is where you make up the difference

Yep. Tax reform is long overdue. This package - if passed in it's entirety - could be the biggest boost to the economy in the post WWII era.

"It is my privilege to bring NAFTA up to date through renegotiation," Trump said in a written statement that accompanied the readout of his phone calls. "It is an honor to deal with both President Peña Nieto and Prime Minister Trudeau, and I believe that the end result will make all three countries stronger and better."

Trump reiterated those points Thursday morning, tweeting, "if we do not reach a fair deal for all, we will then terminate NAFTA." He also claimed that the two leaders reached out to him.

Sounds pretty measured and cool headed to me. Mexico and Canada have to be concerned that their gravy train will get taken away from them.

Yep. Tax reform is long overdue. This package - if passed in it's entirety - could be the biggest boost to the economy in the post WWII era.

Reagan's was bigger. But this will be bigly yuuuge

Yes. I like where he landed but his lack of predictability is not reassuring for free trade.

This just seems to me to be another example of what Trump has done from the beginning - ramp up the rhetoric with an extreme proposal in the beginning, then softening his stance to get negotiations going. I honestly believe that you can interpret 80% of his proposals as being examples of this approach. That's why I went on record months ago with a "wait and see" attitude.

Canada's perspective....

The Free Trade agreement was negotiated after a federal election forcing it as the main issue. The Liberal Party screamed and attacked everything about it, but they were just upset that THEY didn't get to implement it, a FT Agreement was on the agenda for a long time. The Progressive Conservative party won an easy majority and got it through, finally.

So there is no grounds for the current Liberal government to try to cling to it, it's been badmouthing the whole thing (falsely) for 30 years now. And the PM is in so over his head in this role... hope his has chosen good people to negotiate on Canada's behalf.

And the PM is in so over his head in this role... hope his has chosen good people to negotiate on Canada's behalf.

Very consistent with your south of the border country.

This just seems to me to be another example of what Trump has done from the beginning - ramp up the rhetoric with an extreme proposal in the beginning, then softening his stance to get negotiations going. I honestly believe that you can interpret 80% of his proposals as being examples of this approach. That's why I went on record months ago with a "wait and see" attitude.

This is how I feel most of the time with him, he seems willing to negotiate on most things and takes a hard stance one way so that when they negotiate it comes closer to what he wanted originally

It's almost as if he is a negotiator. I never knew.

But to be fair, it's completely understandable that he'd be freaking people out with some of his campaign promises. I remember thinking after he won the nomination that I hoped much of what he was saying was rhetoric from an extreme point of view given purposely in order for him to soften later as a compromise.

It seems that lots of people want more compromise out of Washington, but not so many understand that compromise requires negotiation.

I agree with that but this took place over the course of a few hours.

And the issue remains that he's got no rudder on most issues.

I agree with that but this took place over the course of a few hours.

And the issue remains that he's got no rudder on most issues.

Tell us something that hasn't been evident for 40 years?

But we don't need a negotiator in a Democracy

We need a pen and a phone.

And this paddle game. A pen, a phone, and this paddle game

And this ashtray. A pen, a phone, this paddle game, and this ashtray

And these matches....

But we don't need a negotiator in a Democracy

We need a pen and a phone.

And this paddle game. A pen, a phone, and this paddle game

And this ashtray. A pen, a phone, this paddle game, and this ashtray

And these matches....

Oh, I need this ...

Bush's fault

Clearly not. Anything negative that happened after noon on January 20, 2017 is all Trump's fault.

Of course, anything negative that happened between noon on January 20, 2001 and 11:59:59 am on January 20, 2017 was solely Bush's fault.

• 2 weeks later...

This is promising

The United States and China have agreed to take action by mid-July to increase access for U.S. financial firms and expand trade in beef and chicken among other steps as part of Washington's drive to cut its trade deficit with Beijing.

The deals are the first results of 100 days of trade talks that began last month, when a meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping proved far more friendly than had been expected after last year's U.S. presidential campaign, but the immediate impact was unclear.

"This will help us to bring down the deficit for sure," U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said at media briefing in Washington. "You watch and you'll see."

Basically, Beef exports would be opened to China. Also more natural gas exports as well and some credit card transactions, in exchange US opens up Poultry imports.

Devil is always in the details but on the surface it looks like a pretty damn good deal.

Trumps Canadian lumber tariff makes sense politically with his visit to Harrisburg. Good lumber country down through PA there. But worth starting a trade war over?

I give Canada credit for starting it imo

President Trump on Tuesday picked another fight with another country — slamming Canada for taxing certain milk imports from dairy-farming states like Wisconsin and New York.

Clearly not. Anything negative that happened after noon on January 20, 2017 is all Trump's fault.

Of course, anything negative that happened between noon on January 20, 2001 and 11:59:59 am on January 20, 2017 was solely Bush's fault.

LOL!

It's bad enough we waste our time on sports speculation, but the "likely folks" add horrible kindergarten political speculation as well to it...

C-LyvCDXoAATEze.jpg

All Top 10 US States for 2017 Economic Outlook are Right-to-Work States, while All Bottom 10 Are Forced Union

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446963/free-market-policies-economic-competitiveness-business-friendly-states-growing

I guess all those queers didn't put a dent in to NC

Sorry Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Maines, NBA All stars, NCAA tournaments, New York, The Obama Admin, the DOJ, Wilford Brimley and thousands more...but not sorry.

I guess all those queers didn't put a dent in to NC

Sorry Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Maines, NBA All stars, NCAA tournaments, New York, The Obama Admin, the DOJ, Wilford Brimley and thousands more...but not sorry.

Do you enjoy being homophobic?

Do you enjoy being homophobic?

who said I was homophobic? I love gays....

All night long

H1qUtJzN_bigger.jpgThe HillVerified account @thehill 13h13 hours ago

Clinton: Trump's budget is "an unimaginable level of cruelty" http://hill.cm/hRvaYVQ pic.twitter.com/0euVSwQPxe

DAjw5FnXcAEwUyt.jpg

One would have wished that she would have responded to ISIS this strongly.

Again.................slowing down the rate of increase is NOT A CUT

and it's certainly not "cruelty"