The Trump Economy

GG

That's not what was done for President Obama. Why should President Trump not be extended the same protections that his predecessor was, and still is, even though he is no longer in office?

How many other residences did the Obama's have when they lived in the White House?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two separate residences on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts, his Chicago residence, and a property in Hawaii.

I thought the Martha's Vineyard properties were just someone else's that they used?

And yes, it even makes a difference in this context: you don't have to secure a borrowed-and-occasionally-used vacation spot the same way you'd have to a primary residence.

I thought the Martha's Vineyard properties were just someone else's that they used?

And yes, it even makes a difference in this context: you don't have to secure a borrowed-and-occasionally-used vacation spot the same way you'd have to a primary residence.

They were rented properties.

And not one that takes up a full New York City block

Reporter: You were talking about the steel worker in Ohio and the coal miner in Pennsylvania and so on. But those workers may have an elderly mother who depends on the Meals on Wheels program, who may have kids in Head Start. And yesterday or the day before you described this as a hard power budget but is it also a hard-headed budget?

Mulvaney: I don't think so. I think it's probably one of the most compassionate things we can do to—

Reporter: Cutting programs that help the elderly?

Mulvaney: You're only focusing on half of the equation, right? You're focusing on recipients of the money. We're focusing on recipients of the money and people who give us the money in the first place. I think it's fairly compassionate to go to them and say, look, we're not going to ask you for your hard-earned money anymore. Single mom of two in Detroit, OK, “Give us your money!” We're not going to do that anymore unless we can—please let me finish. Unless we can guarantee that money will be used in a proper function. That is about as compassionate as you can get.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/03/16/mulvaney_says_cutting_aid_to_the_poor_is_compassionate.html

What about his home in Kenya?

Al-Quida pays for that. Sort of how the majority of Trump's people get money from Russia

And the great thing about the budget revealed yesterday is that Trump does nothing to reduce the deficit like he promised he would, he just takes money from other programs to fund his stupid wall

Had to fix that

Reporter: You were talking about the steel worker in Ohio and the coal miner in Pennsylvania and so on. But those workers may have an elderly mother who depends on the Meals on Wheels program, who may have kids in Head Start. And yesterday or the day before you described this as a hard power budget but is it also a hard-headed budget?

Mulvaney: I don't think so. I think it's probably one of the most compassionate things we can do to—

Reporter: Cutting programs that help the elderly?

Mulvaney: You're only focusing on half of the equation, right? You're focusing on recipients of the money. We're focusing on recipients of the money and people who give us the money in the first place. I think it's fairly compassionate to go to them and say, look, we're not going to ask you for your hard-earned money anymore. Single mom of two in Detroit, OK, “Give us your money!” We're not going to do that anymore unless we can—please let me finish. Unless we can guarantee that money will be used in a proper function. That is about as compassionate as you can get.

Hey Gator:

You certainly picked a bright reporter to quote, unless the elderly mother he is referring to is yours.

Who molested you as a child - the priest?

Is that why you want Jesus inside you?

This is exactly the response one usually gets when their opponent realizes his argument is poor, and he has neither the capacity to improve his argument, nor the intellectual honesty to admit that he's been wrong.

Trump’s budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why

Washington Post, by Alexandra Petri

Original Article

OMB Director Says Opponents of Defunding Public Broadcasting Face a ´Hard Sell´

Cybercast News Service, by Melanie Arter

Original Article

Big Government Republicans Rebuke Trump Budget

by Neil W. McCabe

Original Article

The 19 federal agencies Trump wants to eliminate

The Hill ^ | 3/16/2017 | Sylvan Lane

President Trump’s budget blueprint proposes eliminating 19 federal agencies.

Here’s a run-down of the agencies and what they do, from supporting arts and public television to building infrastructure and studying international relations.

1. The African Development Foundation, which funds African agriculture, infrastructure and community development projects with grants.

2. The Appalachian Regional Commission, which funds projects meant to bolster businesses, education, culture and economic development in Appalachia.

3. The Chemical Safety Board, which investigates accidents in the chemical industry and makes safety recommendations.

4. The Corporation for National and Community Service, which houses several public service organizations, including AmeriCorps.

5. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which funds public television and radio stations including PBS and NPR.

6. The Delta Regional Authority, which funds businesses and infrastructure in the Mississippi River Delta region.

7. The Denali Commission, which supports utilities and infrastructure in Alaska.

8. The Institute of Museum and Library Services, which funds U.S. museums and libraries with grants.

9. The Inter-American Foundation, which provides financial aid to Latin America and the Caribbean.

10. The U.S. Trade and Development Agency, which provides U.S. goods and services for foreign development projects.

11. The Legal Services Corporation, which provides civil legal aid for low-income Americans.

12. The National Endowment for the Arts, which funds American artists and projects through grants.

13. The National Endowment for the Humanities, which funds American scholarship through grants.

14. The Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation, which funds community development project throughout the U.S.

15. The Northern Border Regional Commission, which supports economic development in poor areas near the Canadian border.

16. The Overseas Private Investment Corporation, which helps provide private U.S. capital to foreign development projects.

17. The United States Institute of Peace, which aims to promote world peace through conflict resolution, training programs and scholarship.

18. The United States Interagency Council on Homelessness, which coordinates efforts to fight homelessness among nearly 20 federal agencies.

19. The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, a prominent think tank studying international affairs and foreign policy.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

The United States Interagency Council on Homelessness, which coordinates efforts to fight homelessness among nearly 20 federal agencies.

THIS is what people are talking about when they say "small government." How the !@#$ does it take 20 federal agencies to "fight homelessness?"

And the great thing about the budget revealed yesterday is that Trump does nothing to reduce the deficit like he promised he would, he just takes money from other programs to fund his wall

I believe his vision for reducing the deficit would include more robust economic growth from tax cuts , redoing trade deals etc. also savings from changes to Obamacare. The only way his first budget could reduce the deficit would be to make cuts to social security and Medicare which he said he would not do. That Obama deficit won't be reduced in a few months.

Trumps budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why

Washington Post, by Alexandra Petri

Original Article

OMB Director Says Opponents of Defunding Public Broadcasting Face a ´Hard Sell´

Cybercast News Service, by Melanie Arter

Original Article

Big Government Republicans Rebuke Trump Budget

by Neil W. McCabe

Original Article

Your first link doesn't support your opinion.

Working in the chemical industry, I'm upset at the proposed gutting of the Chemical Safety Board (CSB). This organization has done nothing but investigate fatal accidents and incidents within the chemical industry for over 20 years and provide detailed analysis of the incidents and how to prevent them. The CSB also provides best practices that prevent deaths in the industry.

When a significant event happens in the chemical industry, I have always looked forward to their investigations and findings to see if there is any takeaways that I can use at work. The best example I have is the from Dupont welding incident in Tonawanda. Our life critical permits changed as a result of that incident, and if we changed them others did too. This seemingly inconsequential change will undoubtedly save lives.

Not working in the industry, I can see why people would think it's a waste of money. Considering the amount of people our country kills a year at work (Private industry: 4379 in 2015), I think could stand to learn what each organization does before cutting it.

I think could stand to learn what each organization does before cutting it.

Not just that, but we could stand to learn if the function is duplicated elsewhere in government.

Doesn't sound like it, in the case of the CSB. But there is a lot of unnecessary duplication in government, and without jumping to conclusions I would suspect there's some programs being cut that should be, for being unnecessarily redundant.

Working in the chemical industry, I'm upset at the proposed gutting of the Chemical Safety Board (CSB). This organization has done nothing but investigate fatal accidents and incidents within the chemical industry for over 20 years and provide detailed analysis of the incidents and how to prevent them. The CSB also provides best practices that prevent deaths in the industry.

When a significant event happens in the chemical industry, I have always looked forward to their investigations and findings to see if there is any takeaways that I can use at work. The best example I have is the from Dupont welding incident in Tonawanda. Our life critical permits changed as a result of that incident, and if we changed them others did too. This seemingly inconsequential change will undoubtedly save lives.

Not working in the industry, I can see why people would think it's a waste of money. Considering the amount of people our country kills a year at work (Private industry: 4379 in 2015), I think could stand to learn what each organization does before cutting it.

So our country kills people at work?