The Trump Economy

GG

Banking regulations eased in late 90's - Dow at all time high - 10,000

8 years later financial meltdown - Dow craters at 6500 - economy in meltdown

Dodd Frank introduced in 2010 - Dow at 10,000

2017 Dow at all time high of 20,000 - economy humming along

2017 Get rid of Dodd Frank - just add tax cuts for good measure

The GOP has literally no idea what to do....

#alternatefacts

And for that matter how Dodd Frank would have prevented the securitization meltdown in 2008.

And for that matter, how Dodd-Frank caused the run-up in stock prices that by dipshit's own admission started before Dodd-Frank was passed.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unemployment rate has dropped from an Obama administration high of 10% in 2009 to 4.8% in January 2017. Thanks President Obama for leaving us in a much better place then when you began.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/03/news/economy/january-jobs-report/index.html

'America added 227,000 jobs in January, well ahead of December's gain of 157,000 jobs. The unemployment rate ticked up a bit to 4.8%. More Americans started looking for work again -- a good sign -- which explains the small increase in unemployment. It's the first jobs report to be released under the Trump administration. However, the Labor Department conducted its jobs survey in the second week of January, when President Obama was in office. The report represents the economy that Trump is now taking over.'

When asked in his first press briefing what the unemployment rate was, Sean Spicer wouldn't say. He said there are a number of factors and numbers that go into the calculation. So he was asked what did Trump think the unemployment rate was, or what measurable should be used to determine the starting number for the Trump administration. Again he wouldn't say. Of course they don't want to commit to a measurable number because if it goes bad they will say whatever number is used is not true. In business there are always measurables to determine how the business is performing, but the business genius won't commit to any.

The unemployment rate as reported in the media is a bit of a pharse. Doesn't take into account underemployment, wages paid out and labor force participation. We would do ourselves a favor if greater detail was reported.

Any Presidential candidate or President wanting to improve an economy would love to have inherited the situation Obama did. The only way was up and the issues that caused the recession were temporary and not difficult to fix. Historically speaking the recovery was the weakest in history. Pretty lackluster when you look at GDP growth, wage growth and the increase in debt and taxation.

This is a neat little illistrution on how NAFTA works

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-protectionism-alters-supply-chain/

Yes and what Trumps wants is the capacitor shipped from Colorado to Arlington Texas and the circuit board and control unit assembled there.

Oh, you are so right. I wish I had spoken out against the last Republican to put up tax barriers to trade. Darn that old Herbert Hoover!

Who's talking about trade? You said taxes to make things more expensive. Why have you not spoken up against this before?

#alternatefacts

And for that matter, how Dodd-Frank caused the run-up in stock prices that by dipshit's own admission started before Dodd-Frank was passed.

No that is pretty much right on...of course you dont get it do you....

Do you guys ever try to understand how things work?

There are two types of bankers...those who want steady predictable environments...and those who want to gamble. The gamblers win no matter what happens...the others win when the future is as predicted. Guess who wants Dodd Frank undone...the bankers I work with don t....they like the current environment....

To spoon feed you....the economy did just great in regulated conditions pre 1999, proceeded to melt down when unregulated ..then did just fine again in the Dodd Frank era

What is the basis for removing it....its not based on economic performance...so then what would it be?

Perhaps you can respond to my point

There are two types of bankers...those who want steady predictable environments...and those who want to gamble. The gamblers win no matter what happens...the others win when the future is as predicted. Guess who wants Dodd Frank undone...the bankers I work with don t....they like the current environment....

To spoon feed you....the economy did just great in regulated conditions pre 1999, proceeded to melt down when unregulated ..then did just fine again in the Dodd Frank era

What is the basis for removing it....its not based on economic performance...so then what would it be?

Like Reagans deregulation in 80's led to Saving and Loan swingle and then Black Monday

Like Reagans deregulation in 80's led to Saving and Loan swingle and then Black Monday

swingle

(ˈswɪŋɡəl)

n
(Tools) a flat-bladed wooden instrument used for beating and scraping flax or hemp to remove coarse matter from it
vb
(Tools) (tr) to use a swingle on
[Old English swingel stroke; related to Middle High German swüngel, Middle Dutch swinghel]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Swingle

Please explain, in some degree of detail, what Dodd-Frank has to do with the Dow being at 20,000.

Gee, what part of financial stability don't you understand?

And for that matter how Dodd Frank would have prevented the securitization meltdown in 2008.

Stress tests

Gee, what part of financial stability don't you understand?

Stress tests

[This is an automated response.]

You're not trying to make a point, you're just a jerk.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.61.[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

I'm not stupid.

Yes, yes you are.

I'm not stupid.

Yes, yes you are.

I'm not stupid.

Yes, yes you are.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.61.

:lol:

Did any of those bankers teach you how correlation <> causation?

Last night I ate pizza and ribs and it was 20 below zero today so I've decided to cut that out of my diet.

Trump taking on Wall Street by forcing them to regulate themselves B-)

Hi Tom, because I know you need my attention

[This is an automated response.]

You're not trying to make a point, you're just a jerk.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.61.