Falcons..Put up or shut up

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that Atlanta interviewed Rex just 2 years ago and went with Quinn. I kept thinking where would Atlanta stand today if they hired Rex instead of Quinn. Also, Atlanta gave me some more hope with the McDermott hire. A first time HC who was a Defensive Coordinator who has turned things around in 2 years. The Bills need to solve their qb situation but McDermott does have some players to build around.

Yup. Hope this team didn't peak a game early.

The '90 Bills didn't peak too early. They just decided to pass against a defense that was begging them to run against it. Thrum only got something like 18 carries. He gets 30 and they win hands down. Outsmarted themselves .

Who thinks Matt Ryan can get over the hump? If he can get by Rogers then Big Ben or Darth Brady he changes the way he's viewed forever.

Opportunity calls Atlanta, do you accept the charges?

Honestly if GB had made it they would have gotten creamed. Too many injuries. If anyone had s chance it's the Falcons.

That offense is the real deal. But after what Belicheck did the the K Gun in Giants/Bills SB he can put a stop to Kyle Shanahan.

Hard to believe that Atlanta interviewed Rex just 2 years ago and went with Quinn. I kept thinking where would Atlanta stand today if they hired Rex instead of Quinn. Also, Atlanta gave me some more hope with the McDermott hire. A first time HC who was a Defensive Coordinator who has turned things around in 2 years. The Bills need to solve their qb situation but McDermott does have some players to build around.

Aside from Dwight Freeny, that defense is mostly 1st and 2nd year players. That defense is going to be very good next year +.

Falcons could be a very scary team moving forward.

Aside from Dwight Freeny, that defense is mostly 1st and 2nd year players. That defense is going to be very good next year +.

Falcons could be a very scary team moving forward.

And as was said in the broadcast - yards given up is not a true indicator because often teams get behind and start taking shots and the Falcons can afford with big leads to play bend and don't break. They remind me a bit of the Saints defense their Superbowl year, bend don't break and generate turnovers.

Does this Falcons offense remind anyone of the Bills 1990 offense?

Didn't think that, but a friend suggested to me that this might be The Greatest Show on Turf Part 2. The only thing missing is a stud second WR for the Falcons - Julio is an absolute beast, but Sanu or Gabriel don't scare me as much as Torry Holy & Isaac Bruce did.

Didn't think that, but a friend suggested to me that this might be The Greatest Show on Turf Part 2. The only thing missing is a stud second WR for the Falcons - Julio is an absolute beast, but Sanu or Gabriel don't scare me as much as Torry Holy & Isaac Bruce did.

Or Marshal Faulk for that matter!

Packer's secondary is "shut out." Exceptional example of how zone coverage can be lethally damaging for the covering team. Granted, not all quarterbacks can exploit it like Ryan is but this is truly a pathetic performance.

it as very similar to what the panthers have done but with worse players. Packers had no chance

ryan is gonna have to put up a perfect game to beat the pats.

It will be more about the Falcons defense. Can they generate pressure with 4, and hit Brady repeatedly? About once every third drop back , that's what it will take. If he stands back there unmolested the game will be over. He needs to be constantly hit, which he hates, to throw him slightly off his game. Then the ATL defense must tackle well, giving up little YAC. This will have a bigger impact than if Matt Ryan is perfect, which he won't need to be to get a victory.