Falcons..Put up or shut up

Wow! Matt Ryan one of the top 8 QBs in the NFL, I think TT is maybe top 16. He isn't in the same hemisphere as Ryan and that's not saying he is bad!

The circumstances of the Falcons SB collapse were very reminiscent of what happened to the Bills in Oakland this year.......leading 24-9 and allowing 29 unanswered points in a just a few failed series by the offense(which had been playing well all day to that point).

Right down to Tyrod uncharacteristically fumbling when Kalil Mack was basically left unblocked the way Hightower was.

Some people here have put all the blame on Tyrod for that loss and use that as exhibit A why he can't be a top QB.

Forget the fact that the defenses in both instances couldn't make a play to save their lives. :doh:

I guess Matty Melt just ain't any good. :rolleyes:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically they didn't take their foot off the pedal. They kept passing when it was time to burn the clock and run the ball. So in this case, keeping their foot on the pedal was stupid.

There's two sides of the ball and they certainly lost urgency as the 2nd half went on and it they started meandering up the line. Early on they were hustling.

They thought they had it won. No other explanation IMO. Many of those players will never be in that spot again. Just ask the supposedly best QB in the league (according to many) Aaron Rogers.

You might get 1 shot at a SB win ever, even if you're great.

Atlanta will go 6-10 next season I predict. Carolina will be back. Tampa is young and hungry.

People say the Bills loss to the Giants was worse, but I disagree. Sure, for us who are Bills fans it was, but they failed to execute a tough FG at the end.

Atlanta had that game way out of reach if they just don't turn it over and grind the clock a bit. Then, even after they blew most of the lead they were right down in scoring position to bail themselves out.

And they blew it again. LOL

No comparison to the Bills/Giants at all, IMO anyway. Atlanta's loss is 10X worse than just plain old getting beat by missing a difficult FG.

i am here buddy. It was a sad game and outcome for the city of Atlanta. i got caught up in my desire to see a win over the favored Pats and also needing that win to help bring this city together some. Atlanta has been a very divided city at times recently. A Falcons win might of helped that some. I was wrong and i admit it. I wanted a wish to be reality and therefore i got overly boisterous. I realized i am more of a Falcons fan than i thought.

One question- How can a die hard Bills fan cheer for Brady and Belichick?