Falcons..Put up or shut up

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MattyMelt*

Obviously, no one in Houston is trained in the Heimlich Maneuver. 70,00 people just sat around watching the Falcons choke to death.

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

All those regular season stats. For nothing. They will never be remembered now.

Kyle Shanahan is an idiot. Like his daddy.

He did make a couple of completely boneheaded playcall decisions in second half when the Falcons were in striking distance of putting the game away. Really, amateurish play calls that show his head was up his ass instead of properly managing a game winning situation.

Edited by PolishDave

Indeed. The Falcons D went MIA. Could not stop a nosebleed.

No defense is going to hold up for 96 plays. They were on the field virtually the entire last 25 minutes of the game.

Six punts and a lost fumble from the offense is almost never going to be enough to beat Brady. This game is 100% on the awful coaching and Matty Ice Statue.

No defense is going to hold up for 96 plays. They were on the field virtually the entire last 25 minutes of the game.

Six punts and a lost fumble from the offense is almost never going to be enough to beat Brady. This game is 100% on the awful coaching and Matty Ice Statue.

I don't think it's all on Ryan. Offensive playcalling is your #1 goat. If lil' Shanny abandoned the run then it's all on him.

In the latest example of don't take your foot off the pedal...we have the Atlanta Falcons.

Technically they didn't take their foot off the pedal. They kept passing when it was time to burn the clock and run the ball. So in this case, keeping their foot on the pedal was stupid.

I don't think it's all on Ryan. Offensive playcalling is your #1 goat. If lil' Shanny abandoned the run then it's all on him.

Technically they didn't take their foot off the pedal. They kept passing when it was time to burn the clock and run the ball. So in this case, keeping their foot on the pedal was stupid.

That's why I said coaching and Ryan. The coaching was #1; especially the complete abandoning of the run game in the second half and the final drive in particular.

But Ryan's pocket and game awareness were terrible. Only way Pats get back in the game is with a turnover: Ryan turns it over. Only way Pats still have a chance is to knock Atlanta out of FG range: Ryan takes a sack. MVP's don't make those mistakes.

Too many plays. Give Brady that many plays and eventually he will break you down.

That was a huge factor but you still gotta' make some plays and stops.

They dropped some interceptions.

Matty Yikes got scurd in the moment but the D was just putrid.

The Falcons were so shell-shocked it was absurd......then the Pats kick off after tying the game and the returner inexplicably tries to bring it out and gets brought down around the 10 yard line effectively ends any chance of getting a cheap last second field goal. Buck and Aikman were so shell shocked they didn't say anything about that bonehead play either. :lol:

The Falcons were so shell-shocked it was absurd......then the Pats kick off after tying the game and the returner inexplicably tries to bring it out and gets brought down around the 10 yard line effectively ends any chance of getting a cheap last second field goal. Buck and Aikman were so shell shocked they didn't say anything about that bonehead play either. :lol:

that was a great final kickoff - one of those where the player is looking up, can't see where he is, and figures he has to run because he might be over the line by a tad (which he was). If he lets it bounce, you always run the risk of it bouncing backward. You simply have to catch it. I don't blame the returner there - it was just a perfect kick. Gostkowski had a couple of those.

The D did its job a long stretch of the way. If the O had ever adjusted to an O that was trying to see out a Superbowl the Falcons win comfortably.

Yes the D broke down in the end and couldn't make plays but my god a pop warner coach could have managed that 4th Quarter better than Quinn and Shanahan.

that was a great final kickoff - one of those where the player is looking up, can't see where he is, and figures he has to run because he might be over the line by a tad (which he was). If he lets it bounce, you always run the risk of it bouncing backward. You simply have to catch it. I don't blame the returner there - it was just a perfect kick. Gostkowski had a couple of those.

Just took a quick look at it on my DVR, and you're right. Although I don't think that I've ever seen, in about 40+ years of watching football, a KICKOFF spin back toward the kicker (on a "normal", deep kickoff). Maybe it's happened...I guess. Hindsight is 20/20, but he should have let it bounce, then downed it.

Just took a quick look at it on my DVR, and you're right. Although I don't think that I've ever seen, in about 40+ years of watching football, a KICKOFF spin back toward the kicker (on a "normal", deep kickoff). Maybe it's happened...I guess. Hindsight is 20/20, but he should have let it bounce, then downed it.

There is a reason they always catch it - even if it doesn't bounce straight backward, it can bounce in crazy ways that allows the other team to recover. Just ask ... um, Mike Gilislee.

I am enjoying this so much.

I mean even some Bills fans here acted like the Falcons were a second rate franchise.

HO-Robert-E-Lee Sh*t!

We are barely past a month into 2017 and it will be tough for a poster to top your epic fail in this thread. :lol:

matt ice is a piece of crap, i look at his arms and see a guy who hasnt lifted a weight in his entire nfl career. Really? you have all year to train and you look like a jr high school player? I lose respect for him right there but...he also has great stats every year but never wins the big game. Didnt know to throw it away or make a quick pass when they needed to run clock and not take a sack or have a fumble. Had about 3 third and shorts early in the game where he couldnt complete a 3 yarder. He looked alot like taylor did against the raiders. Just not able to mentally get his head out of his a ss for 1 drive. He put the defense out there too long and got too tired, i dont blame them. When they got in fg range i told my friends "run it 3 times and kick-DONT PASS!" 3 plays later theyd lost 23 yards and basically the superbowl.

I think tyrod in that situation would have at least scrambled for a first and maybe won the game....honestly. Matt ice is an example of a guy with talent who doesnt do anything extra to get better. Just relies on better coaching and players to make it. Doesnt work up his mind or body to be ready for the real tests.

matt ice is a piece of crap, i look at his arms and see a guy who hasnt lifted a weight in his entire nfl career. Really? you have all year to train and you look like a jr high school player? I lose respect for him right there but...he also has great stats every year but never wins the big game. Didnt know to throw it away or make a quick pass when they needed to run clock and not take a sack or have a fumble. Had about 3 third and shorts early in the game where he couldnt complete a 3 yarder. He looked alot like taylor did against the raiders. Just not able to mentally get his head out of his a ss for 1 drive. He put the defense out there too long and got too tired, i dont blame them. When they got in fg range i told my friends "run it 3 times and kick-DONT PASS!" 3 plays later theyd lost 23 yards and basically the superbowl.

I think tyrod in that situation would have at least scrambled for a first and maybe won the game....honestly. Matt ice is an example of a guy with talent who doesnt do anything extra to get better. Just relies on better coaching and players to make it. Doesnt work up his mind or body to be ready for the real tests.

Wow! Matt Ryan one of the top 8 QBs in the NFL, I think TT is maybe top 16. He isn't in the same hemisphere as Ryan and that's not saying he is bad!