LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

Skipping town and heading north to Los Angeles as per Adam Schefter. Announcement expected tomorrow

LA-Chargers-new-logo.jpg

This is terrible. That 650 million dollar relocation fee could have helped pay for a new stadium. And the Chargers are DOA. They will go back to San Diego one of these years. Have never met a Charger fan in L.A. and I've been here a while.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot/kettle. He said, she said. Kraft is a drunk said the 65,000 wasted fans at New Era. No pun intended but this is Rich! On a side note, back in LA watching a game at the cozy little StubHub place might be kind of nice. You are almost sitting in the huddle even if you are in the "nosebleeds"

San Diego is Raider Country. That last OAK @ SD game was embarrassing...Raiders fans outnumbered Chargers fans 4-1, and that mean they were louder by 20-1!

Because the faithful fans from San Diego sell their seats. I know I owned a home there and lived there

Man that was depressing to read. Maybe they will reject the move. It sounds like they don't even want them to move.

Good. I hope this fails miserably.

I want the NFL to start taking blows. They do not care about you, I or any of us fans.

I hope all stadium deals that request tax payer money are voted down.

The threat of relocation is all but gone.

I want the NFL to start taking blows. They do not care about you, I or any of us fans.

I especially liked the part where Spanos described fans leaving $1 bills which resulted in some owners audibly laughing.............AT THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS. That is rarely a sustainable strategy for a business.

This is terrible. That 650 million dollar relocation fee could have helped pay for a new stadium. And the Chargers are DOA. They will go back to San Diego one of these years. Have never met a Charger fan in L.A. and I've been here a while.

You are correct, Spanos really crapped the bed on this issue. There were banks lining up to lend him the money to build the stadium. This move is all on Spanos, he could have stepped up and built a stadium. The Spanos's are just tightwads and deserve all the crap they get, I hope the Chargers brand get runs into the ground up in LA and he sells the team to a real owner and they move back to SD.

Maybe this is the NFL's plan all along?

Pot/kettle. He said, she said. Kraft is a drunk said the 65,000 wasted fans at New Era. No pun intended but this is Rich! On a side note, back in LA watching a game at the cozy little StubHub place might be kind of nice. You are almost sitting in the huddle even if you are in the "nosebleeds"

Could be a sign of things to come."Boutique" stadiums with lavish amenities but stratospheric prices. Aren't tickets the least part of team revenues anyway? Should be an interesting experiment.

He should have sold the team and why do they need these billion dollar stadiums now.

Because of non-shared revenue. Owners keep all of the $$$ from those hot tub suites.

It is evaporating though some cities like San Antonio still have designs on their own team. Then there's London, Mexico City and maybe still Toronto. Those places come with their own challenges but the lucre beckons. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I especially liked the part where Spanos described fans leaving $1 bills which resulted in some owners audibly laughing.............AT THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS. That is rarely a sustainable strategy for a business.

Yea I cant wait for that to get around to every fan base.

Sadly, I doubt this has any affect on the NFL business though.

They will still make their billions through their TV deals.

Well L.A. finally has what they want 2 NFL teams in a city that could never support them before & this will be the 3rd such experiment ??? I hope it fails miserably ...

I for one hope they follow the history that has already been laid down . L.A. want s to be all that & a bag of chips but they ain't !! I for one am so glad the Pegula's bought the Bills this could be our fan base being all pissed of as the San Diego fans are & should be !!

But as we know in the NFL its all about the money !!!

My viewer ship has went down this year compared to others & the biggest reasons are because of what the league has become . It is mostly a bunch of spoiled athletes that have forgotten where they came from in actions & another bunch of rich/greedy owners that could give a S**T less about the fans !

As long as they make more money thats all that matters !! Screw it that the fans have went out of there way to make Spanos & others very rich & that the city has went above & beyond trying to do whats right to keep the team .

But when push comes to shove the owners will take their toys & go some where else to play with them it sucks for the fans !!

Maybe this is just a master plan for expansion in the NFL ...

@SiriusXMNFL

HOF QB Dan Fouts: I'm still a little bit hungover from the news of yesterday in San Diego. #Chargers

HOF QB Dan Fouts: We all felt like they would make a deal. Why you not make a deal and why wouldn't you keep them here? #Chargers

HOF QB Dan Fouts: Still an empty feeling here in San Diego today. I think you can blame the organization and the city. #Chargers