LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, Spanos really crapped the bed on this issue. There were banks lining up to lend him the money to build the stadium. This move is all on Spanos, he could have stepped up and built a stadium. The Spanos's are just tightwads and deserve all the crap they get, I hope the Chargers brand get runs into the ground up in LA and he sells the team to a real owner and they move back to SD.

Maybe this is the NFL's plan all along?

With all the handwringing about the evils of the "League", this is all that matters.

That D-bag Spanos could have financed a stadium without soaking the apathetic citizens of San Diego. He chose not to and had a year long weepy BS persona to drag to the owners' meetings.

It's no wonder the other owners laughed at him. They laugh at his stupidity and that he will be pissing away hundreds of millions to their pockets because he was too stupid/greedy to stay put in SD.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Good piece. Thanks for the link. I think this move is disastrous. The LA market cannot support two teams.

I really don't think they will support the Chargers. Nor do I think any substantial number of Charger fans will either make the trek up for the games nor care about the team called "Los Angeles." And I ever have grown to love LA as a city. It's a great place. But not to faithful Charger fans.

I especially liked the part where Spanos described fans leaving $1 bills which resulted in some owners audibly laughing.............AT THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS. That is rarely a sustainable strategy for a business.

It shows how out of touch some of those clowns are. The league is successful in spite of them.

@SiriusXMNFL

HOF QB Dan Fouts: I'm still a little bit hungover from the news of yesterday in San Diego. #Chargers

HOF QB Dan Fouts: We all felt like they would make a deal. Why you not make a deal and why wouldn't you keep them here? #Chargers

HOF QB Dan Fouts: Still an empty feeling here in San Diego today. I think you can blame the organization and the city. #Chargers

Disagree. The City finally stood up to the NFL. I hope more do in the future. The NFL holds the only blame.

Taxpayers should not be funding billion dollar stadiums because "Thats what the NFL wants"

I really don't think they will support the Chargers. Nor do I think any substantial number of Charger fans will either make the trek up for the games nor care about the team called "Los Angeles." And I ever have grown to love LA as a city. It's a great place. But not to faithful Charger fans.

They won't...there was a big article in the LA Times that absolutely blasted them, saying this will unequivocally fail and that LA doesn't want them.

Said there are tons of Raiders fans there and they want the Raiders back not the Chargers...said he has lived there his whole life and personally knows lots of Raiders fans but has never met a Chargers fan. Also said that the Chargers are probably not even in the top 5 of favorite teams for people living in LA...

Said it was a move based on greed and that it will fail because they will never be liked or supported in LA...

I laughed because no matter WHO is playing there, whether its the Rams, Raiders or whoever else, they aren't going be supported anyway...totally fickle fans down there...flavor of the month it seems

They won't...there was a big article in the LA Times that absolutely blasted them, saying this will unequivocally fail and that LA doesn't want them.

Said there are tons of Raiders fans there and they want the Raiders back not the Chargers...said he has lived there his whole life and personally knows lots of Raiders fans but has never met a Chargers fan. Also said that the Chargers are probably not even in the top 5 of favorite teams for people living in LA...

Said it was a move based on greed and that it will fail because they will never be liked or supported in LA...

I laughed because no matter WHO is playing there, whether its the Rams, Raiders or whoever else, they aren't going be supported anyway...totally fickle fans down there...flavor of the month it seems

How many Chargers fans has he ever bumped into in SD?

This is terrible. That 650 million dollar relocation fee could have helped pay for a new stadium. And the Chargers are DOA. They will go back to San Diego one of these years. Have never met a Charger fan in L.A. and I've been here a while.

Exactly what the person in the newspaper column said...he said tons of Raiders fans and that the town wanted the Raiders back

How many Chargers fans has he ever bumped into in SD?

Valid enough point...not a good sign when you have to go around searching for them like an endangered species, hahaha

Rumors are circulating that Rivers enjoys an NFL paycheck every week during the season.

But that came from LaCanfora, so.....

Wait...you mean Rivers would rather move a couple hours up the beach than come to Buffalo?? I'm shocked.

Disagree. The City finally stood up to the NFL. I hope more do in the future. The NFL holds the only blame.

Taxpayers should not be funding billion dollar stadiums because "Thats what the NFL wants"

Damn right. There are only so many places they can threaten to move.

We should start a pool now for the date of the Chargers next relo after they bomb in LA.

@ProFootballTalk

Two years after rumors emerged that Philip Rivers wouldn't be willing to embrace L.A., he does

https://t.co/s36Wedk1vA

I knew this happen when so many posters were talking about how he'd be available. Phillip isn't the brightest crayon in the box so he probably was just running his mouth. Now he's thinking about commuting over an hour from to LA. He'll probably move closer when someone points out the fact there are southern baptist churches in LA too.

I live in LA and just don't see it. I think the vast majority will either have an immediate distaste for the LA Chargers or grow sick of it soon. Kind of like how a lot of us predicted not many Bills fans would really ever be committed to Toronto.

One quarter of Chargers season ticket holders are from Orange County or LA according to Chargers.

I think they will go for 2 years until new stadium and fan base builds.