What will get you excited for a better upcoming season?

Virgil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo would excite me, but it would need to be coupled with drafting a QB high in either 17 or 18, for the more long term approach. We need to find a QB. Romo is a short term play (1-2 years), my priority would still be to find the "guy" even if we did get Romo.

Tyrod was fun and certainly a tease, but after 29 games I feel I have a pretty good handle on who he is & I think the Bills would be prudent to let him walk. He's not worth $27.5M in cash in '17 because then you have to commit to him for at least 2-3 years, due to the cap ramifications. Committing to Tyrod for another 2-3 years will only slow the Bills process to hopefully finding the right QB.

And the Bills have to get the new HC hire right this time. Whether it's and offensive or defensive coach I hope we bring in solid coordinators with a strong track record. They also would be smart to find a coach who will be very aggressive on going fr 4th and shorts. I think coaches can win an additional game or 2 a year by simply having a "smart" and efficient sideline operation. What I mean by that is: knowing when to take timeouts, knowing when to challenge, knowing when not to punt or kick a FG and instead play aggressive, also staying aggressive at the end of the 1st half and get points rather than kneeling on it.

1) get a HC, OC and DC that most people would say aren't terrible

2) either keep Tyrod or find a QB who most people would say isn't terrible

3) draft players that most people would say aren't terrible

4) pick up a few players in free agency that most people would say aren't terrible

5) have Sammy, Marcel, etc. ready to go without suspensions or injuries

Really depends on who they get for HC and QB. If they are bums then it's tank time and that would be exciting to final get a top pick in a good QB draft. If they are good then maybe we pull something together and get to 10-6 and get to the playoffs so really is going to be great either way. Can't wait woohoo!

MV5BMTQzOTM3MzUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ2

:lol:

She's a bust.

A good QB. I have to think that if TT is allowed to get away then there must be something else in the works. If Whaley can pull something off to get a good QB then there may be something to get excited about. Otherwise it will just be changing the window display. With all of their free agents the Bills are in great shape to tank for 2018

Edited by bmur66

Free Tacos at Taco Bell for every "genius" move Whaley makes in the off season...

Free beer for every stupid penalty that the Bills commit during the 16 game season...

Free ride home from the bar after each game (due to being very drunk from the free beer)...

Free rehab for the drinking problem and accepting an abusive relationship...

:wallbash::censored::beer::beer::w00t:

Edited by NorthBuffaloKid

There's really nothing that would get me excited FOR the season. Once the season gets rolling I could get excited by what happens as the season rolls on. A HC who appears to know what he's doing on and off the field would be something to give hope and a young QB, not a stopgap, who shows that he may have IT would do the same.

Its tough. I have no faith in management whatsoever

Not falling for the whole "bad decision makers are getting out of the way" bit. The Bills have used this card so many times and shouldnt get away with it.

Edited by May Day 10