What will get you excited for a better upcoming season?

Virgil

I haven't posted a lot this past week because I haven't been able to decide how I feel about all of these changes. I know that Rex had to go. I am good with Whaley staying. I'm unhappy with TT being gone, if that's what happens.

But overall, I just can't seem to find anything to get excited about with any of these Head Coaches, FA, or Draft. All three of these areas seem to be a matter of better than nothing.

With Head Coaches, no one really jumps out at me. I was hoping Todd Haley would be a candidate, but he's not being mentioned for any team. None of the coordinators had a truly amazing season. Mike Smith is the only coach that had previous head coaching success and he's not on our radar. Defensively, we will only get better without Rex. But offensively, I'm very worried about creating a new offensive identity. That is, unless we somehow retain Lynn as OC, which is rare for a new head coach to do. As for Lynn, there is just too much he doesn't know about being a Head Coach and I DO NOT want to rebuild

FA is rough because we have so many players we need to re-sign, that I don't see us being able to make a splash. Lorax should get paid, but he's also up there in age. Zach fell off a cliff in the second half. I DO NOT think Gilmore is worth what he will get elsewhere. Woods is bound to get overpaid as well. Regardless, losing them still creates holes that would need to be filled. So it's a catch-22.

This draft looks to be incredibly average to me at positions of need, being WR, RT, QB (if TT is gone), S, and DB (If Gilmore is gone). The draft is the reason why I wish we could magically have all of our players extended on more year with a new defensive coach. Our talent level was good enough for the playoffs. If we had our same roster, same OC, added Mike Williams, a starting RT and S, I think we are in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I can't see how we can keep the parts that worked, improve in areas we need, and plug the holes being made through attrition.

Well, that was depressing. Sorry

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are on point. we had a roster assembled with a great D and up and coming O. Rex destroyed the D and the offense got better but not consistent. The team Rex inherited should have gotten better but it got worse and we lost a chance to do something positive.

Unless we luck out like the Cowboys with an amazing draft, this team will continue to plummet. I have no hope for next year. The only salvation will be some healthy cap space, but I just don't think we have the ability to capitalize on it.

That was literally going to be my last line

Things that would make me look forward to our team next season would be....

Keeping Tyrod drafting 1st year impact rookies at Safety in rnd 1, and WR with another solid RT and CB in FA or draft. Another S like Weddle in draft would be awesomeness too. Throw in some nude leaks of Selma Hyeck from the fappenin and some perks and ill be doin back flips!!

100% about the quarterback

the nfl has made that one position so dominant that you have only two choices: either get one thats elite or eleven defenders that are elite

frankly i think theyve ruined the game making it so centered on one position. they could fix it by allowing bump and run back into the game to level the balance a little, but they wont

if you dont have a dominant qb and you cant find eleven dominant defenders then your team is going to suck no matter what else you put on the field

100% about the quarterback

the nfl has made that one position so dominant that you have only two choices: either get one thats elite or eleven defenders that are elite

frankly i think theyve ruined the game making it so centered on one position. they could fix it by allowing bump and run back into the game to level the balance a little, but they wont

if you dont have a dominant qb and you cant find eleven dominant defenders then your team is going to suck no matter what else you put on the field

The Chiefs and Giants say hello

chiefs have a terrific defense

giants are probably the best example of an exception, but their recent superbowl wins were loaded with flukes. those teams were super lucky. we will see if this giants team can pull that horseshoe out of their asses again

Really depends on who they get for HC and QB. If they are bums then it's tank time and that would be exciting to final get a top pick in a good QB draft. If they are good then maybe we pull something together and get to 10-6 and get to the playoffs so really is going to be great either way. Can't wait woohoo!

Lilly the AT&T girl

MV5BMTQzOTM3MzUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ2

Bills trade for Romo, draft another QB and Brady gets mad cow disease or that whatever that thing is Paldino wished on Obama .

:lol:

We Tank in Grand fashion trade most of our offensive pieces for pks McCoy, Wood, Incognito and Tyrod. Tyrod would be a cap hit but who cares we don't need the space anyways.

Let all free agents go so we can get some comp pks next yr Gilmore,Woods,Lorex & Brown should us a few pks, maybe a 3rd and couple 4's.

Have a plan load up on pks and Lose, Lose and Lose some more. We need to make sure we get Darnold. Kid reminds me of a young Peyton not the greatest arm strength but man he can drop a ball in a basket. He's accurate and has incredible anticipation skills and vision heads always on a swivel. We can't miss on this opportunity