Tyrod scores more TD's per game than Flacco/Tannehill & more

pbanach

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only has Buffalo's offense ranked top 10 in 2015 &16 in offensive touchdowns scored per game, but Tyrod Taylor is also finding the endzone more than some "franchise guys".

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/01/03/since-2015-tyrod-taylor-is-averaging-more-tds-per-game-than-flacco-tannehill-others/

Bust. Sign Tebow.

Not only has Buffalo's offense ranked top 10 in 2015 &16 in offensive touchdowns scored per game, but Tyrod Taylor is also finding the endzone more than some "franchise guys".

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/01/03/since-2015-tyrod-taylor-is-averaging-more-tds-per-game-than-flacco-tannehill-others/

I continue to marvel at how people hold this statistic out as a way to suggest that there are not serious problems with the Bill's offense. This offense could not impose its will on any defense at times when they could have won the game. It's that simple. Many of the points they scored were in garbage time. This offense and Tyrod consistently fail to win games when they are behind and have the ball in their hands and can do so.

Look at the W-L record, look at how the team plays from behind, look what they can do when the running game is taken away.

I continue to marvel at how people hold this statistic out as a way to suggest that there are not serious problems with the Bill's offense. This offense could not impose its will on any defense at times when they could have won the game. It's that simple. Many of the points they scored were in garbage time. This offense and Tyrod consistently fail to win games when they are behind and have the ball in their hands and can do so.

Look at the W-L record, look at how the team plays from behind, look what they can do when the running game is taken away.

don't all teams have garbage time? so it would be equal right?

The Bills have not only scored more PPG than the Dols, but they've also allowed fewer PPG than them. And they're going to the playoffs. :censored:

Tells you they have won more close games than the Bills. Hell didn't they beat the Bills twice by less than 7 points?

The Bills have not only scored more PPG than the Dols, but they've also allowed fewer PPG than them. And they're going to the playoffs. :censored:

The Dolphins took advantage of their "once in a blue moon" 4-2 divisional record. They build on it and won some close games. The Bills finished 4-2 in division last year and totally wasted their chance to make the playoffs with that kind of divisional record. I also said it before their game vs. LA. They got the break of the season to be the opponent for Goff's first start.

The Bills would be the dumbest team ever to ditch Tyrod for 2017.

And I continue to marvel at how people continue to ignore our pourous defense which couldnt hold a 24-9 lead vs the Raiders amongst others.

Would also love to hear your definition of garbage time. Is that the start of the game, the first quarter, or the start of the second?

Edited by TANK2

I like Tyrod. I don't like Tyrod for the price tag on his current deal. If he is willing to sign for less, it's a no brainer. He was by no way, the reason we missed the playoffs. That falls solely on the shoulders of the defense and Carpenter. In order for Tyrod to be paid like a top tier QB I would need to see much more in the areas of: Reading a defense and getting rid of the ball quicker; Two minute offense that actually shows some urgency (why isn't he calling the plays in the hurry up offense?); Have the balls to throw into coverage and letting our guys make plays (Sammy), Some form of leadership (sitting idly by and showing no emotion at all is not what I want from my QB, I want a guy who pumps guys up, holds them accountable, and takes ownership of the offense and team). To me, that's worth $20+M a year, not a guy who we are just hoping doesn't turn it over.

Edited by Mark80

I like Tyrod. I don't like Tyrod for the price tag on his current deal. If he is willing to sign for less, it's a no brainer. He was by no way, the reason we missed the playoffs. That falls solely on the shoulders of the defense and Carpenter. In order for Tyrod to be paid like a top tier QB I would need to see much more in the areas of: Reading a defense and getting rid of the ball quicker; Two minute offense that actually shows some urgency (why isn't he calling the plays in the hurry up offense?); Have the balls to throw into coverage and letting our guys make plays (Sammy), Some form of leadership (sitting idly by and showing no emotion at all is not what I want from my QB, I want a guy who pumps guys up, holds them accountable, and takes ownership of the offense and team). To me, that's worth $20+M a year, not a guy who we are just hoping doesn't turn it over.

Separate Taylor's 2017 salary from his cap hit. He gets paid $27MM (I think) in 2017 but his spread out cap hit is $15MM. That's pretty low for a starting QB.

From everything i read and hear in national media, Tyrod is viewed more favorably in NFL circles than he is by Bills fans and local media. There are several clubs that will want his services if the Bills don't re-sign him. I imagine any coach they hire will want Tyrod on this roster come training camp 2017. I cannot envision a scenario that the Bills jettison TT from this roster with absolutely nothing better in the wings. Why would a coach want to inherit a roster with a raw Cardale Jones and possibly a rookie draft pick as the only QB's?

Tells you they have won more close games than the Bills. Hell didn't they beat the Bills twice by less than 7 points?

Yep, Tyrod isn't known for 4th quarter comebacks and the Bills Offense isn't built for it. Neither is Alex Smith and KC. The Bills D tapered off on making game changing plays and forcing takeaways. This coincided with their losing after the 4 game win streak. The offense needs to improve through the air , and the last MIA game made this look possible. More playmakers needed on D and a better scheme fit.

Jimbo had 2 GWD and 2 4th Q comebacks in his second season over 12 games.

Doesn't remind me of TT at all.

Not to mention that stellar Bills rushing game of Robb Riddick at 632 yards and 4 TDs then Ronnie Harmons 485 yards and 2 TD the following year in Jims first 2. Thank god for Jim that Thurman was drafted the next year and the rest is history.

Separate Taylor's 2017 salary from his cap hit. He gets paid $27MM (I think) in 2017 but his spread out cap hit is $15MM. That's pretty low for a starting QB.

Yes, it sounds like a lot, but in the NFL landscape it isn't. Fans don't set the market for QBs and need to look at TTs deal relative to the rest of the league. The Bills won't always have a QB on the cheap. At some point they will pay market rate, and TT at around 20th in the NFL sounds about right. He's a bottom 12, bottom 10 type starter right now.

I honestly think that if Tryod is let go without a clear better option brought in before that, I'll probably finally lose all hope and excitement (that crazy stupid thing that comes out of nowhere every August) for this team.

Kind of odd that after 17 years of ineptitude, the straw to break the camel's back may be the loss of a mediocre QB, but there ya go.

Yeah, that is true. But still, $16-18M per year (and all of 2018 is guaranteed as well if option picked up) is still a lot to tie up in a guy that is a "bridge" to the next QB. If they feel like he is the answer at QB then it is a very fair rate. But, if they think he has hit his ceiling and is not the answer to winning a SB (which I believe, even though he could get us to the playoffs) I feel that money could be better spent filling other holes (Eric Berry???) and we continue the scavenger hunt to find that guy that can win a SB.

I guess this is the thread I will dump this info into:

Tyrod had a better completion % than Cam Newton, Blake Bortles, Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Carson Palmer, and Marcus Mariota

Tyrod had a higher ypa than Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, and Carson Wentz

Tyrod THREW for more tds than Carson Wentz and Alex Smith

Tyrod combined for more tds than Joe Flacco, Dalton, Tannehil, Bradford, Alex SMith and Carson Wentz

Tyrod had less ints than EVERY qb except Brady and Dak Prescott

Tyrod's QB Rating (not QBR) was higher than Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, Blake Bortles, and Cam Newton

Tyrod has a better int% (takes into account ints per attempts) than Phillip Rivers, Jameis, Tannehil, Cam, Eli, Bortles, Big Ben, Luck, etc... - he is 8th in the league

I could keep going but I think I have proven my point. If you think Tyrod is terrible you aren't paying attention to QB play around the league. I only included in this list names that I think people throw around as being better than Tyrod. Sure Tyrod took a step back this year but he had a better year than Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton. If they were the QB would people be banging the drum to replace them? With the injuries at WR and the sh*t show that was this years defense he has to be brought back imo.

Go look at the FA QB list and answer this question honestly. If the Bills cut Tyrod does he move the #1 FA QB? Imo he does which means there is nobody better to bring in.

I honestly think that if Tryod is let go without a clear better option brought in before that, I'll probably finally lose all hope and excitement (that crazy stupid thing that comes out of nowhere every August) for this team.

Kind of odd that after 17 years of ineptitude, the straw to break the camel's back may be the loss of a mediocre QB, but there ya go.

I was just saying this same thing. After the team left Lynn to dangle in the wind last week and then Whaley this week letting Tyrod go with no plan in place will move me MUCH closer to NNN territory.

Ive heard people pine for Jim Bob Cooter and the modern offense that he runs in Detroit. A modern offense that heading into week 17 ranked in the 20s in points scored. With Stafford at QB. Stafford accounted for a whopping 3 more TD's this season than TT with TT playing in 1 less game.

Cousins and his 5000 yards passing finished 8-7-1.

Tyrod had a better completion % than Cam Newton, Blake Bortles, Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Carson Palmer, and Marcus Mariota

Tyrod had a higher ypa than Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, and Carson Wentz

Tyrod combined for more tds than Joe Flacco, Dalton, Tannehil, Bradford, Alex SMith and Carson Wentz

Tyrod's QB Rating (not QBR) was higher than Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, Blake Bortles, and Cam Newton

Tyrod has a better int% (takes into account ints per attempts) than Phillip Rivers, Jameis, Tannehil, Cam, Eli, Bortles, Big Ben, Luck, etc... - he is 8th in the league

I could keep going but I think I have proven my point. If you think Tyrod is terrible you aren't paying attention to QB play around the league. I only included in this list names that I think people throw around as being better than Tyrod. Sure Tyrod took a step back this year but he had a better year than Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton. If they were the QB would people be banging the drum to replace them? With the injuries at WR and the sh*t show that was this years defense he has to be brought back imo.

Go look at the FA QB list and answer this question honestly. If the Bills cut Tyrod does he move the #1 FA QB? Imo he does which means there is nobody better to bring in.

I was just saying this same thing. After the team left Lynn to dangle in the wind last week and then Whaley this week letting Tyrod go with no plan in place will move me MUCH closer to NNN territory.

What are all those QB's records when trailing by 4 ever? Are any of them greater than 2 wins?

You forgot to add that he had NOBODIES to throw to most of the year. Arguably the worst WR group in the NFL. Some of these guys that lined up on Sunday, its like "who are they?"

Basically that is the nutshell. If everything about this season stayed the same except buffalo sweeps the phins and splits the jets, bills go to the playoffs. They basically got owned by their whole division

What are all those QB's records when trailing by 4 ever? Are any of them greater than 2 wins?

Ahh yes W/L the ultimate QB stat :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I get that everything I posted flies in the face of the "but he sucks" argument. You can hang your hat on comeback wins. Not paying attention to the fact that football is a team game and in his last game started he did just that TWICE and still got the loss.

However I'm a sucker for proving people wrong....

4th Quarter comebacks down any deficit:

Jameis Winston has 3 in the same amount of time

Marcus Mariota and Teddy Bridgewater have 4 in the same amount of time

Blake Bortles has 5 starting an extra year

Kirk Cousins has 7 starting 17 more games

Sam Bradford has 7 starting 49 more games

Aaron Rodgers has 10 starting 113 more games (shining star to prove it a useless stat) Tyrod averages 1 about every 15 starts same as Arod.

You forgot to add that he had NOBODIES to throw to most of the year. Arguably the worst WR group in the NFL. Some of these guys that lined up on Sunday, its like "who are they?"

Yes but how many times were those NOBODIES wide open down the field that Tyrod couldn't see ?

No use in putting all these stats out there. The people that want to move on from TT are probably also interested in tanking.

I personally want to win every game. NO need to blow this thing up. Keep Tyrod, build a defense that can actually dominate teams in the late season weather here...not fold. No reason you can't draft another QB and try to develop one while Tyrod runs the show in the meantime.

Ahh yes W/L the ultimate QB stat :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I get that everything I posted flies in the face of the "but he sucks" argument. You can hang your hat on comeback wins. Not paying attention to the fact that football is a team game and in his last game started he did just that TWICE and still got the loss.

However I'm a sucker for proving people wrong....

4th Quarter comebacks down any deficit:

Jameis Winston has 3 in the same amount of time

Marcus Mariota and Teddy Bridgewater have 4 in the same amount of time

Blake Bortles has 5 starting an extra year

Kirk Cousins has 7 starting 17 more games

Sam Bradford has 7 starting 49 more games

Aaron Rodgers has 10 starting 113 more games (shining star to prove it a useless stat) Tyrod averages 1 about every 15 starts same as Arod.

so they all have more? Great, thanks.

Watching the John Murphy show. As much as he makes me want to vomit, he does have some decent guests. In this case its Sam Monson. One the lead NFL analysts for Pro Football Focus. PFF has Tyrod as the 10th best qb in the league. Backing up what many are saying. That the plays Tyrod makes with his legs dont get nearly enough credit with respect to his overall performance.