Man, Was I Wrong About EJ

Gugny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont blow up an offense that is 7th in NFL scoring any more then we should blow up a D that is 5th in the NFL.

We should not repeat that mistake....we should learn from it.

The Jets thought they shouldn't blow up their 11th in points offense too.

He's not good.

He's not better than Tyrod.

I will admit that my view and opinion of EJ's abilities was way off the mark.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Both EJ and TT have to go.

Go Bills!

Well, well.

I agree we need better eventually, but we also need someone to throw the ball and move the chains while looking for better, and to mentor any new QB we acquire.

IMHO, the whole thing with EJ was that he was not properly developed (college yahoo coaches, no QB coach), thrown into the fire, and just generally screwed up and broken thereby.

It seems to me the worst thing we could do would be to reprise EJ's rookie year where we kicked the servicable vet out the door because "we need better" and chose a fragile vet to replace him, leaving the rookie to twist on his own.

I've been a big apologist for EJ, but he's clearly done in Buffalo. It will take a miracle for him to play in another NFL game.

I too was holding out some hope he would survive and become a solid cheap back up. But wow. I too think he is done in the NFL. he appeared to feel the same way/ Sorry for your Loss Gug : (

he was the guy we all want to be our qb. size, character, etc. but just didnt have it. tyrod is a solid bridge qb though. work on the longterm. we've gotta keep building the team. i'd actually even say we shouldn't draft a qb this year. brady came in and had instant success but had a top defense, as did wilson, as did big ben, green bay did with rodgers. we need to get this defense right first and then we can get this qb thing right.

Yeah that was just a poor take.

EJ has not made any progress....guy is a BRUTALLY slow learner of the QB position.....he started FOUR bowl games in college and the incoming freshman QB was more polished than him. :lol:

If you watched the preseason this past August you could have saved yourself the delusions this year.

He's a good guy and QB's are scarce so he will have a backup job in the NFL for a long time, IMO.

I wouldn't discount a late career Todd Collins-esque re-appearance somewhere.

Collins was also a very slow learner who wasn't worth the effort early but was a very good backup at end of his long career.

thing is , he still looks scared s heck.

He knew the plays, he just panicked again and again. Maybe h was having JJ Watt flashbacks. I honestly felt bad for him

But effectively they did, first intentionally by waiting until just before TC to sign Fitz, then unintentionally by having the entire OL (or all but 1?) go down injured.

Another year of TC wasn't fixing Fitz. They retained a deficient QB with a high price tag because they couldn't find anyone better and imploded. Bills are about to do the same thing. TT will throw 10 picks and have 12 TD's max next year.

He's not good.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Go Bills!

Okay so you came to your senses on EJ. Who do you now think is better that Taylor?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I didn't think he was better than Tyrod, but I certainly thought he was better than he had shown up until yesterday. Boy was I wrong.

I expected some rust. But holy **** ... some of those passes (some = most) were terribly off the mark. It was more than rust. More than miscommunication. It was just really bad football.

Okay so you came to your sense on EJ. Who do you now think is better that Taylor?

Just about every other starter in the league. Bob Griffin is keeping him out of the cellar.

thing is , he still looks scared s heck.

He knew the plays, he just panicked again and again. Maybe h was having JJ Watt flashbacks. I honestly felt bad for him

Footwork was a huge issue with him and that's why it was so hysterical to see Jameis step in for EJ and execute pro footwork immediately..........kinda' killed the whole "EJ didn't get coached well enough" takes.

He's a big, long arm and legged dude and with his lack of coordination between the two it may take years of work for him to pull himself together.

He's not good.

Go Bills!

I agree about EJ, and I was one of his supporters. He really has some basic incapacity despite his physical skills. I'm glad that they played him in this game so people like us could move on with no regrets.

I'm not too optimistic about TT, but I could understand if they are reluctant to axe him considering his occasional superior play and the lack of alternatives.