Man, Was I Wrong About EJ

Gugny

Those are the kind of guys that I think he's competing with. Is he better than those guys? Maybe, but I am sure that opinions will be split. Cassel for example, has proven that he can step in as a backup and not kill you. In addition, he's been good in meetings and as a mentor. If you are the Titans for example are you better of keeping Cassel or going for EJ? I have no idea but it's not a given.

No argument. It's a personal preference thing. Manuel is more similar to Mariotta. Id rather have my back up be a similar gameplan if they're equally bad.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean?

Kirby asked about the Titans. Manuel would be more comformable in an offense designed for Mariotta IMO, because he's a much better athlete than Cassel.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Everything I've seen out of Geno.

So you think that guy yesterday has proven to be definitively better than Geno Smith? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. And I never said Smith was better. But I don't think anyone around the league, save for like five posters on this website, sees it as one being much, if any, better than the other.

No argument. It's a personal preference thing. Manuel is more similar to Mariotta. Id rather have my back up be a similar gameplan if they're equally bad.

I don't necessarily disagree. Those are the kind of decisions teams will weigh in terms of EJ. I don't see anybody keeping him over a young guy. They'll take the cheap guy that they haven't seen. He's competing with a different set of guys for a roster spot. He's competing with the guys that we've seen some of that have flaws. There are probably about 10 of those jobs available each year. Ironically, if the Bills stand pat they may have room for one of those veteran guys with problems.

I don't necessarily disagree. Those are the kind of decisions teams will weigh in terms of EJ. I don't see anybody keeping him over a young guy. They'll take the cheap guy that they haven't seen. He's competing with a different set of guys for a roster spot. He's competing with the guys that we've seen some of that have flaws. There are probably about 10 of those jobs available each year. Ironically, if the Bills stand pat they may have room for one of those veteran guys with problems.

You're right about rookies being a cheaper alternative, but I would think EJ would adjust his cost to the perceived value to stay in the league. His experience, be it limited, in addition to his willingness to do what's best for the team, could be valued a little higher. We will see.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

You're right about rookies being a cheaper alternative, but I would think EJ would adjust his cost to the perceived value to stay in the league. We will see.

Oh for sure he's a vet minimum guy (or that neighborhood). It still doesn't compare to a 4th round rookie though (or something like that). He won't be viewed as anyone's developmental guy which crosses a lot of spots off. It feels like EVERYONE wants a developmental guy now with one of their spots. It will be interesting. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Oh for sure he's a vet minimum guy (or that neighborhood). It still doesn't compare to a 4th round rookie though (or something like that). He won't be viewed as anyone's developmental guy which crosses a lot of spots off. It feels like EVERYONE wants a developmental guy now with one of their spots. It will be interesting.

True. Russell, Kirk and Dak have made it the sexiest option. Best wishes to Eeeeej.