Man, Was I Wrong About EJ

Gugny

I never said he didn't play a huge role in that ever. Talk about living in reality, how about you stop ascribing things I never said to me and then arguing them?

You said it wasn't living reality or something similar to think he'd regress last year. "There's NO reason to think that will happen," and yet here we are.

I didn't say that and I don't think that regression is impossible next year (for any player). I think predicting a guy to fall off a cliff isn't realistic.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but hyperbole is my biggest pet peeve on here. It doesn't make for a good discussion, ever. Whether or not Tyrod is the answer, I don't know. He is absolutely an NFL starter though and way better than anyone we've had in years. Before we run him out of town we better be sure that there is a better option. It will not be easy to improve on the 7th highest scoring offense. If they do, great but the offense wasn't the issue. They were good enough.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that and I don't think that regression is impossible next year (for any player). I think predicting a guy to fall off a cliff isn't realistic.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but hyperbole is my biggest pet peeve on here. It doesn't make for a good discussion, ever. Whether or not Tyrod is the answer, I don't know. He is absolutely an NFL starter though and way better than anyone we've had in years. Before we run him out of town we better be sure that there is a better option. It will not be easy to improve on the 7th highest scoring offense. If they do, great but the offense wasn't the issue. They were good enough.

Okay, fair enough. TT will have less passing TD's and more picks next season. I'll bet on it.

Is it ridiculous to think the rush offense will not be as good next year? TT only had 17 pass TDs this year with the as you said #1 rush offense, best in 15 years. What makes anyone think he would put up at least 17 TDs again? Everyone acknowledges TT struggles as a passer. He is absolutely dynamic and exciting with his legs but lacks between the ears. He regressed this year from last, why would it be a stretch to think he may regress again?

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that the run offense will regress. Through 16 games their YPC was the highest that I could find (stats went back 16 years) and they set the franchise record for rushing TDs. I don't think that we should expect that again.

On the flip side he played the majority of the season without his #1 weapon and is coming off of his best game. I think next year we should expect a worse running game and a better passing game. Will that amount to more than 26 PPG? I don't know but I hope so.

The reality is of the defense wasn't so bad (talk about regression) the Bills would still be playing.

They couldn't find anyone better and imploded.

Are you saying they should have gone with a worse option and not imploded?

I've learned that there are people on here who see facts or stats or logic as a sign of weakness. The number threads on ditching TT vs the number of threads focused on improving the defense highlights this.

If it was only that simple as to cut TT and pick up the mystical QB that is just sitting there. 7th ranked scoring offense with Watkins and Woods out for much of the season. 24+ points in 11 (out of 15) games. I appreciate that you are trying to help these goons but they don't like it when you get logical.

EJ looks like a NFL QB, big, steps up in pocket, big arm. Problem is, he can't throw a short pass. Bledsoe had that issue too, So did Losman. I was fooled too but unfortunately EJ is also a quitter.

Did you just compare EJ Manuel to a guy who is going to get strong hall of fame consideration?

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that the run offense will regress. Through 16 games their YPC was the highest that I could find (stats went back 16 years) and they set the franchise record for rushing TDs. I don't think that we should expect that again.

On the flip side he played the majority of the season without his #1 weapon and is coming off of his best game. I think next year we should expect a worse running game and a better passing game. Will that amount to more than 26 PPG? I don't know but I hope so.

The reality is of the defense wasn't so bad (talk about regression) the Bills would still be playing.

You sir, are an extremely sensible poster.

Okay, fair enough. TT will have less passing TD's and more picks next season. I'll bet on it.

I actually half agree. With a healthy Watkins I see more TDs but also more chances. I see more INTs as well. I would say something like 24 TDs and 11 INTs. I think that they will have less rushing TDs next year too. It doesn't feel realistic to expect a franchise record in back-to-back years. I think that the TDs probably go down a little but hope that an improved defense and kicking game offsets it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I actually half agree. With a healthy Watkins I see more TDs but also more chances. I see more INTs as well. I would say something like 24 TDs and 11 INTs. I think that they will have less rushing TDs next year too. It doesn't feel realistic to expect a franchise record in back-to-back years. I think that the TDs probably go down a little but hope that an improved defense and kicking game offsets it.

Nah less passing TD's. I doubt he hits 20. Something more like 16.

Nah less passing TD's. I doubt he hits 20. Something more like 16.

I think that a healthy Watkins and an early draft pick WR gives them improved weapons. They had 20 last year. 16 isn't insane, I just think that it will be higher with the rushing TDs dropping some. Maybe not though....

You and I were both wrong n EJ. That said, If TT was able to score with this team I believe he is much better than we realize.

Tyrod Taylor and the same Bills squad scored 31 against the Jet's the first time. 297 yards passing - 3 TD - 1 pick

And I believe that was without Watkins. Goodwin was the number 1 that game.

Quite a difference huh?

If only the defense had showed up that first game.

Tyrod is way >>>>>>>> than the other QB's on this team.

Edited by PolishDave

He's not good.

He's not better than Tyrod.

I will admit that my view and opinion of EJ's abilities was way off the mark.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Both EJ and TT have to go.

Go Bills!

Holy criminy.....Gugny wins the TBD Bob Kalsu Courage Award for 2017.

He's not good.

He's not better than Tyrod.

I will admit that my view and opinion of EJ's abilities was way off the mark.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Both EJ and TT have to go.

Go Bills!

guess youll be wrong on both. tyrods good and ej (i thought) would make it painfully clear how a bad qb looks vs an up and coming talent.

Tyrod Taylor and the same Bills squad scored 31 against the Jet's the first time. 297 yards passing - 3 TD - 1 pick

And I believe that was without Watkins. Goodwin was the number 1 that game.

Quite a difference huh?

If only the defense had showed up that first game.

Tyrod is way >>>>>>>> than the other QB's on this team.

We had a defensive TD in that game which provided a nice swing in momentum. And Sammy had 2 catches for 20 yards on 5 targets that game. I'm not arguing against your ultimate point, though.

I was a big E.J supporter because I guess in hindsight I wanted to believe in the person because he seems like a great kid. Yesterday it was fitting that I saw it all come to an end. I realized that he just doesn't have what it takes to play QB on a consistently high level. That missed touchdown to Clay embodied his career as a Bill.

I really wish the guy well in the rest of life.

PS. That felt really good to get that off my chest.

Edited by Protocal69