Man, Was I Wrong About EJ

Gugny

Another year of TC wasn't fixing Fitz. They retained a deficient QB with a high price tag because they couldn't find anyone better and imploded. Bills are about to do the same thing. TT will throw 10 picks and have 12 TD's max next year.

They couldn't find anyone better and imploded.

Are you saying they should have gone with a worse option and not imploded?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at all surprised by his performance yesterday. Somehow people convinced themselves that he was something that he isn't, a good QB. He's a good guy and I wish him the best.

Kudos to you Gug for owning it, we've all had guys that we were wrong about. I irrationally liked Duke Williams way longer than I should have.

Another year of TC wasn't fixing Fitz. They retained a deficient QB with a high price tag because they couldn't find anyone better and imploded. Bills are about to do the same thing. TT will throw 10 picks and have 12 TD's max next year.

So we should expect him to get significantly worse? Based on what (besides your narrative)? This makes as much sense as those convinced EJ would light it up. There is no basis for it whatsoever.

If you were to say, I think that what we are seeing is what we will get you'd have a case. There is no logical argument that his picks will double and TDs get cut in half. Ridiculous hyperbole isn't a good way to get your point across.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wasn't at all surprised by his performance yesterday. Somehow people convinced themselves that he was something that he isn't, a good QB. He's a good guy and I wish him the best.

Kudos to you Gug for owning it, we've all had guys that we were wrong about. I irrationally liked Duke Williams way longer than I should have.

So we should expect him to get significantly worse? Based on what (besides your narrative)? This makes as much sense as those convinced EJ would light it up. There is no basis for it whatsoever.

If you were to say, I think that what we are seeing is what we will get you'd have a case. There is no logical argument that his picks will double and TDs get cut in half.

Tyrod gets worse every year he plays. The league catches up to guys who can't or don't improve.

Edited by FireChan

except that what the jets got from Fitz this year was something we have all seen from Fitz before in the past, 10 ints and 12 td from Taylor is not like anything anyone has seen from him before, only in your dreams/fantasy so you can say your right about him.....

Tyrod is not a good QB - he is a good football player that gives defenses fits and opens up other options for our offense that other QBs like EJ don't. EJ played himself out of Buffalo. Tyrod will most likely be our best option to keep while CJ and another draft pick get acclimated.

I too was wrong about EJ, I was really pulling for him but the time has come to move on. In Whaley I trust.

Go Bills!!!!!

You dont blow up an offense that is 7th in NFL scoring any more then we should blow up a D that is 5th in the NFL.

We should not repeat that mistake....we should learn from it.

John take out points scored by the D, special teams and those scored in garbage time and what do you really have. The stat is very misleading. This offense was not a threat to win games it's that simple

Tyrod gets worse every year he plays. The league catches up to guys who can't or don't improve.

So you expect the last 2 years (that were similar) to go away and him to fall off the cliff? There is no basis for that. I'd be willing to bet whatever you see fit that he will have more than 12 TDs and better than a 6:5 TD:INT ratio. Those are the numbers that you threw out.

So you expect the last 2 years (that were similar) to go away and him to fall off the cliff? There is no basis for that. I'd be willing to bet whatever you see fit that he will have more than 12 TDs and better than a 6:5 TD:INT ratio. Those are the numbers that you threw out.

He's Colin Kaeprnick 2.0.

We'll see Kirby. Everyone said I was crazy for thinking he'd regress this year, too.

He's Colin Kaeprnick 2.0.

We'll see Kirby. Everyone said I was crazy for thinking he'd regress this year, too.

It wasn't a big regression. The offense was rolling.

If you believe it I have offered you the opportunity to get behind it. You pick the stakes. If you know that you are exaggerating to get your point across, then this is your chance to back down from it as well.

It wasn't a big regression. The offense was rolling.

If you believe it I have offered you the opportunity to get behind it. You pick the stakes. If you know that you are exaggerating to get your point across, then this is your chance to back down from it as well.

He regressed across the board bro. LeSean was rolling. Tyrod was holding us back.

TT was worse in every facet of his game statistically.

Edited by FireChan

He regressed across the board bro. LeSean was rolling. Tyrod was holding us back.

TT was worse in every facet of his game statistically.

You either believe that he will have 12 TDs and 10 INTs or you don't. That is what you are predicting...

They were the 7th highest scoring offense in the NFL. If you think that the QB wasn't a part of that I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You either believe that he will have 12 TDs and 10 INTs or you don't. That is what you are predicting...

They were the 7th highest scoring offense in the NFL. If you think that the QB wasn't a part of that I don't know what to tell you.

He was a part of the offense just like Jordan Mills was Kirby. He still played worse this year across the board. That's undeniable.

John take out points scored by the D, special teams and those scored in garbage time and what do you really have. The stat is very misleading. This offense was not a threat to win games it's that simple

That's a ridiculous point. First of all our D made very few big plays and had trouble getting off the field, so they created less points and offensive opportunities than average. Exactly how many points did our Special teams score? And every team gets some points off turnovers, special teams, and garbage time. So you have to discount those factors from every other team to figure out where the Bills O ranks.

He was a part of the offense just like Jordan Mills was Kirby. He still played worse this year across the board. That's undeniable.

The running game had the highest YPC in the last 15+ Years through 16 weeks. You don't think that he played a role (and a very large one at that)? That's not even debatable.

He may not be perfect but pretending that he's worse than he is to try to make a point isn't effective. It weakens your argument. 12 TDs and 10 INT prediction isn't going to sway any opinions because it's ridiculous. Nothing that has happened supports that. If you said 20 and 10 people may agree. You don't believe that TT is good but you also believe that he will be half as good next year? That's a ridiculous thought. It's as ridiculous as the Bills getting Romo AND Watson.

These conversations are so much better when we live in reality.

The running game had the highest YPC in the last 15+ Years through 16 weeks. You don't think that he played a role (and a very large one at that)? That's not even debatable.

He may not be perfect but pretending that he's worse than he is to try to make a point isn't effective. It weakens your argument. 12 TDs and 10 INT prediction isn't going to sway any opinions because it's ridiculous. Nothing that has happened supports that. If you said 20 and 10 people may agree. You don't believe that TT is good but you also believe that he will be half as good next year? That's a ridiculous thought. It's as ridiculous as the Bills getting Romo AND Watson.

I never said he didn't play a huge role in that ever. Talk about living in reality, how about you stop ascribing things I never said to me and then arguing them?

You said it wasn't living reality or something similar to think he'd regress last year. "There's NO reason to think that will happen," and yet here we are.

Edited by FireChan

Is it ridiculous to think the rush offense will not be as good next year? TT only had 17 pass TDs this year with the as you said #1 rush offense, best in 15 years. What makes anyone think he would put up at least 17 TDs again? Everyone acknowledges TT struggles as a passer. He is absolutely dynamic and exciting with his legs but lacks between the ears. He regressed this year from last, why would it be a stretch to think he may regress again?

That's a ridiculous point. First of all our D made very few big plays and had trouble getting off the field, so they created less points and offensive opportunities than average. Exactly how many points did our Special teams score? And every team gets some points off turnovers, special teams, and garbage time. So you have to discount those factors from every other team to figure out where the Bills O ranks.

How about the fact that this offense did not score at the end of games when they needed to do so to win? Sorry but those of you hanging on to the idea that somehow this offense is a real threat to opponents need to wake up. Take away the running game and this offense falls down like a house of cards because Tyrod is inaccurate and he has severe limitations in what parts of the field he can reliably throw to.

Tyrod and this offense are not the answer.