Man, Was I Wrong About EJ

Gugny

He's not good.

He's not better than Tyrod.

I will admit that my view and opinion of EJ's abilities was way off the mark.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Both EJ and TT have to go.

Go Bills!

Same. We have no QB.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a defensive TD in that game which provided a nice swing in momentum. And Sammy had 2 catches for 20 yards on 5 targets that game. I'm not arguing against your ultimate point, though.

Fair enough. I got my stats from here. I just assumed Sammy was out that day because he didn't show up on the leading receivers list. Goodwin had the best day by far yardage wise because of a deep touchdown pass. And Salas caught a deep one too.

He's not good.

However, I still maintain that Tyrod, also, is not good enough and we need better.

Go Bills!

Gugny, nice admission.

I wanted to believe in EJ because he's a class act. I wanted to believe in EJ because he works & studies hard. I wanted to believe in EJ because he's thrown some beautiful passes that hinted at potential.

But after the Jets game, all hope and belief are gone.

I think that a healthy Watkins and an early draft pick WR gives them improved weapons. They had 20 last year. 16 isn't insane, I just think that it will be higher with the rushing TDs dropping some. Maybe not though....

If they could put a legit big play threat opposite Sammy......the 30's wouldn't be impossible.

I compare Tyrod's potential in this offense to Randall Cunningham or Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.

You don't need a franchise QB to score points but he has to be able to facilitate big plays.

Give Tyrod another guy he's comfortable throwing 50/50 balls too and I don't really see how you keep them from being a top 5 scoring offense.

Typically a good run game and a good deep ball game will be defensed by heavy pressure on the QB.

Can't really do that with Tyrod at QB.......leaves your D vulnerable to huge open field runs.

He's not good.

Go Bills!

I will admit they I didn't like either of them

If they could put a legit big play threat opposite Sammy......the 30's wouldn't be impossible.

I compare Tyrod's potential in this offense to Randall Cunningham or Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.

You don't need a franchise QB to score points but he has to be able to facilitate big plays.

Give Tyrod another guy he's comfortable throwing 50/50 balls too and I don't really see how you keep them from being a top 5 scoring offense.

Typically a good run game and a good deep ball game will be defensed by heavy pressure on the QB.

Can't really do that with Tyrod at QB.......leaves your D vulnerable to huge open field runs.

I don't disagree. I bet that teams HATE preparing to play a healthy Bills offense. They have some of the most explosive and dynamic playmakers in the league at their positions. It's like preparing to play against a team that presses full court, all game in basketball. They put a ton of pressure on you.

Serious question; if you are another team looking at all of EJ's tape, would you really want him on your team?

Yes. He's a top 64 QB in the league and works well with the starter (one who took his job).

Serious question; if you are another team looking at all of EJ's tape, would you really want him on your team?

nope

Yes. He's a top 64 QB in the league and works well with the starter (one who took his job).

what makes you think he is top 64?

I don't know if EJ is on a roster next year. I thought that he would be but I have some doubts at the moment. No team is going to take him over a rookie and pay him significantly more. No team is taking him as the starter. He needs to prove to be one of the 32 best backups to land a spot IMO. I don't know that he will be considered that. He's competing with guys like McGloin, Geno, Derek Anderson, Christian Ponder and some others to get a spot.

Geno Smith and Matt Cassel

Those are the kind of guys that I think he's competing with. Is he better than those guys? Maybe, but I am sure that opinions will be split. Cassel for example, has proven that he can step in as a backup and not kill you. In addition, he's been good in meetings and as a mentor. If you are the Titans for example are you better of keeping Cassel or going for EJ? I have no idea but it's not a given.