Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

Kaylee Hartung is the Michael Jordan of hot sideline reporters.

I think Molly McGrath was the one that put Peterson in fantasy mode. She is also ridiculously hot.

If what Kim Pegula said is true and we only plan on interviewing 5 or 6 guys then our next HC is either:

Anthony Lynn

Teryl Austin

Sean McDermott

Harold Goodwin

Frank Reich

Kris Richards

Vance Joseph

Of that list, I like McDermott the most.

I want none of those options.......I can see them being fired already.

Those lukewarm rookies put into THIS deep-seeded, veteran losing environment with a lame duck GM........starting over on BOTH sides of the ball?

NFW

Lynn or bust if that is the list.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Molly McGrath was the one that put Peterson in fantasy mode. She is also ridiculously hot.

I want none of those options.......I can see them being fired already.

Those lukewarm rookies put into THIS deep-seeded, veteran losing environment with a lame duck GM........starting over on BOTH sides of the ball?

NFW

Lynn or bust if that is the list.

Yah , seems like a setup for Lynn now. Candidates who might have turned it down or are clearly more accomplished at this point were excluded by Whaley. I don't see many positives here

Like it or not Whaley is a detriment to the process of starting over.

True or not the perception is that he has one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel.

He probably needs Lynn and Taylor.

After today's press conference . . . enough said.

I work in a profession where the assessment of one's ability (or lackthereof) frequently is made in extreme terms - someone is either brilliant or stupid. So I'm reluctant to use an extreme adjective in assessing Whaley. But he has long seemed like a moron to me. In fact, it stuns me that somebody who sounds so inarticulate and who appears so inept in front of a microphone could have risen to his position. Is there anyone who has met Whaley who cares to comment (and hopefully to correct me)?

Yah , seems like a setup for Lynn now. Candidates who might have turned it down or are clearly more accomplished at this point were excluded by Whaley. I don't see many positives here

This is a good point. Even if Lynn is the choice as of this minute, the opportunity that comes with casting a wide net should be too much to pass up. We have a few axioms -- maybe they're cliches -- in my office. Among them are "it's free to listen" and "from those you meet, take the good and leave the bad." I can't believe it wouldn't be worth the Bills' time to pick a few brains to gain insight on how some of the more successful operations around the league work. Maybe Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia won't return the Bills' phone calls. But I bet Brian Daboll would.

It's crossed my mind that Pegula's might not sign off on one of these choices for fear of the same things that concern me..........insist on Lynn..........and thereby subvert Whaley's search........perhaps leading to his resignation and flight back into the scouting ranks. :lol:

THAT would be the most Billsy that could happen next. :doh:

Not exactly a high profile list. Mc Daniels and even Patricia ( a guy I don't care for but would take over any of these ) are noticeably absent. I'm not impressed . Not a good time to be a Bills fan. We will almost certainly be watching a 2-3 year death march for Whaley before the next " reset"

It's going to be a 'death march' for any GM here until we strike gold with an 'unknown' or a 'retread' coach. Don't expect 'big names' to come here, unless they are the Rex sort (all talk, no walk).

I heard some crazy PJ Fleck stories this weekend. Apparently, he's an absolute loose cannon. He married a stripper or something and has been sleeping with one of the top booster's wives. I guess that he's pretty toxic in the coaching community. This is coming from the Steelers front office people that I know.

drugs too

If what Kim Pegula said is true and we only plan on interviewing 5 or 6 guys then our next HC is either:

Anthony Lynn

Teryl Austin

Sean McDermott

Harold Goodwin

Frank Reich

Kris Richards

Vance Joseph

Of that list, I like McDermott the most.

From Chenelly less than an hour ago:

@nickellion79 these are only coordinators who are currently under contract and not preparing for a game this coming weekend. More to come.

I don't get the mcdaniels intrigue. He's coupled with Brady, of course the offense will put up points. If Nate Hackett was the oc for New England he'd put up points too. Brady makes everyone look better than they really are.

Agreed.

What examples do you have of more qualified candidates that were excluded and how do you know they are more qualified?