Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because the media didn't have time to ask about candidates for HC going forward at todays' PC. :doh:

I wish they'd bring him in for an interview.

It's amazing McVay is only 30. He's a guy that will be coaching soon enough; but perhaps he needs a couple of more years as coordinator in order to mature. Shanahan is 37 and has been coaching in the NFL for over a decade. I can see Shanahan really wanting the Denver job.

It's amazing McVay is only 30. He's a guy that will be coaching soon enough; but perhaps he needs a couple of more years as coordinator in order to mature. Shanahan is 37 and has been coaching in the NFL for over a decade. I can see Shanahan really wanting the Denver job.

It could be he needs a couple more years. Shula was his age when he started as HC in Baltimore. He might be the kind of guy who commands respect beyond his years. I'd hate to look back and see we missed out. At least kick the tires on the guy who the article says could be the best HC candidate out there.

Edited by horned dogs

At Whaley's press conference today he said they are looking for someone to be the Bills coach for the next 10 to 15 years.

Wow. Can't see any of the names mentioned being in that category. McDaniels maybe but we aren't interviewing that guy.

I am not by any means saying that I agree. I am just relaying back what I kind of heard (clearly I didn't remember the stat).

Lynn and Bradley wouldn't be the worst case scenario IMO. It's not the best either but it probably keeps the offense rolling. Hopefully the scheme change and some new pieces bring the defense back to respectability.

All good - I meant it in jest....I don't give a rat's turd if it's freaking Elmo out there, if they're winning - all that matters to me.

Pj fleck

I heard some crazy PJ Fleck stories this weekend. Apparently, he's an absolute loose cannon. He married a stripper or something and has been sleeping with one of the top booster's wives. I guess that he's pretty toxic in the coaching community. This is coming from the Steelers front office people that I know.

I heard some crazy PJ Fleck stories this weekend. Apparently, he's an absolute loose cannon. He married a stripper or something and has been sleeping with one of the top booster's wives. I guess that he's pretty toxic in the coaching community. This is coming from the Steelers front office people that I know.

?? Wow. Might explain why his name wasn't mentioned too much for open jobs in the power 5.

If what Kim Pegula said is true and we only plan on interviewing 5 or 6 guys then our next HC is either:

Anthony Lynn

Teryl Austin

Sean McDermott

Harold Goodwin

Frank Reich

Kris Richards

Vance Joseph

Of that list, I like McDermott the most.

Edited by Bangarang

Yeah after they won the MAC championship his new wife ran on the field and basically BLOCKED the little hottie sideline reporter that was trying to get to him and then she was staring him down from close range as he shook hands like she wanted to take him right there on the field. :lol:

It was a little weird.

Also saw Chris Peterson after the Pac-10 title game about flustered speechless by the little blonde sideline reporter......tried to say 6 and said sex etc..

The networks are really trying to out-do each other with the cute little blondes sideline reporters.

Edited by #BADOL

Yeah after they won the MAC championship his new wife ran on the field and basically BLOCKED the little hottie sideline reporter that was trying to get to him and then she was staring him down from close range as he shook hands like she wanted to take him right there on the field. :lol:

It was a little weird.

Also saw Chris Peterson after the Pac-10 title game about flustered speechless by the little blonde sideline reporter......tried to say 6 and said sex etc..

The networks are really trying to out-do each other with the cute little blondes sideline reporters.

Kaylee Hartung is the Michael Jordan of hot sideline reporters.

I was OK with Lynn because I assume he will want to bring Tyrod back to run his offense again. On the flip side, that game on Sunday, while not his fault was pretty ugly.

I feel like with Whaley emphasizing that's it's HIS coaching search, it would be too easy for him to stick with Lynn. He may want someone with a larger head coaching resume since this hire will be pinned to Whaley all the way.

I need to party with Fleck in 2017.

If what Kim Pegula said is true and we only plan on interviewing 5 or 6 guys then our next HC is either:

Anthony Lynn

Teryl Austin

Sean McDermott

Harold Goodwin

Frank Reich

Kris Richards

Vance Joseph

Of that list, I like McDermott the most.

Not exactly a high profile list. Mc Daniels and even Patricia ( a guy I don't care for but would take over any of these ) are noticeably absent. I'm not impressed . Not a good time to be a Bills fan. We will almost certainly be watching a 2-3 year death march for Whaley before the next " reset"