Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toub, Patricia or McDaniels

Toub, MdDaniels, Shanahanan, Lynn and David Shaw! Dabo Sweeney would be nice also.

Im on board with this or Lynn OC Bradley as DC and anyone decent at HC. Sometimes the Coordinators are more important to the teams performance than the HC. Which makes me wonder, if as predicted we get Lynn at HC Bradley at DC who are we gonna bring in at OC?

Kromer?

But. But he failed.

And fell in love with Tebow (alot of NFL world did)

and Tebow got to the playoffs and won a game. Can't say that about any Bills QB in past 17 years.

Add another DC to the list:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/816050814087294976

I just don't understand the propensity for Defensive coaches. Get an Offensive minded one who can develop a QB for God's sake!!

Well that's 5 just like K.Pegula said. I guess our next coach will come from this group. Maybe one more.

Accuracy issues also, and takes a lot of unnecessary risks with the football. I don't like Chad Kelly at all, really.

Kelly's not inaccurate,but you are correct he takes a butt load of risks with the football.

Honestly Kelly reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

Edited by mob16151

Accuracy issues also, and takes a lot of unnecessary risks with the football. I don't like Chad Kelly at all, really.

Definition of a football gunslinger.

Kelly's not inaccurate,but you are correct he takes a butt load of risks with the football.

Honestly Kelly reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

And I do NOT understand the infatuation with DCs as HCs??? You can have a great Offense who can develop a QB -- AND - a hire a DC that lead a talented Defense to actually defend the field and score your Offense just gained.

There is some stat floating out there that only Andy Reid has had "x" success with an offensive background. The rest of the guys (that have accomplished whatever it was) have defensive backgrounds.

Add another DC to the list:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/816050814087294976

I just don't understand the propensity for Defensive coaches. Get an Offensive minded one who can develop a QB for God's sake!!

Bills just hung team record 600 yards of offense on that guy. :lol:

That's like the Bills hiring Rex after the Bills beat him with ease twice and he finished 4-12. :doh:

There is some stat floating out there that only Andy Reid has had "x" success with an offensive background. The rest of the guys (that have accomplished whatever it was) have defensive backgrounds.

What was I thinking - silly of me really. Given Sean Payton, Gary Kubiak, Adam Gase (at least playoffs this year), Bill O'Brien, McAdoo, Mike McCarthy. --- I am clearly delusional.

What was I thinking - silly of me really. Given Sean Payton, Gary Kubiak, Adam Gase (at least playoffs this year), Bill O'Brien, McAdoo, Mike McCarthy. --- I am clearly delusional.

I am not by any means saying that I agree. I am just relaying back what I kind of heard (clearly I didn't remember the stat).

Like it or not Whaley is a detriment to the process of starting over.

True or not the perception is that he has one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel.

He probably needs Lynn and Taylor.

Lynn and Bradley wouldn't be the worst case scenario IMO. It's not the best either but it probably keeps the offense rolling. Hopefully the scheme change and some new pieces bring the defense back to respectability.

Lynn and Bradley wouldn't be the worst case scenario IMO. It's not the best either but it probably keeps the offense rolling. Hopefully the scheme change and some new pieces bring the defense back to respectability.

If they hire one of these other luke warm outsiders they are interviewing and 7-9 turns into 4-12 it would be hard to justify KEEPING Whaley and hard JUSTIFY firing the new guy coming in with no experience with this team.

Lynn/Bradley or Lynn/Wade gives them a 3-way-out in a year or two if GM/HC/QB don't produce playoff success.

Not best case........but probably best chance to work, IMO.

BEST case is finding a QB-whispering 15 year HC like maybe yung Shanny or McVay but that would be crazy on their part, IMO.

I'm for keeping Lynn/the offense in tact and either getting a good DC with Lynn as OC, or a defensive minded HC that hopefully keeps Lynn as OC. I have a feeling Lynn is demanding a HC position though, so the former is more likely than the latter.