Rex's "This is Fine" press conference today - a doozy

YoloinOhio

@salsports
It was quite the Rex Ryan press conference today, with some interesting exchanges, including media vs media in beginning here:
https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/809087120015052801

@nick_wojton
WATCH: Here's the full exchange Rex had with the media about his job security a short time ago #Bills #BillsMafia
https://twitter.com/nick_wojton/status/809094214357319681

this-is-fine.75788.gif

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always felt that the Buffalo media goes out of their way to incite controversy and act like idiots because Buffalo is always dismissed by National media as being a "soft" town for media scrutiny. In the age of Twitter, the Buffalo media has gotten especially snarky and full of themselves.

I've always felt that the Buffalo media goes out of their way to incite controversy and act like idiots because Buffalo is always dismissed by National media as being a "soft" town for media scrutiny. In the age of Twitter, the Buffalo media has gotten especially snarky and full of themselves.

Yea, Buffalo media is a cake walk compared to larger cities.

what does he keep saying he didn't know about?

The media feels they caught him lying

Joe Buscaglia Verified account @JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

To catch you up to speed, Rex insinuated that he had learned about the reports of his firing ahead of the Sunday press conference (1/2)

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

But on Sunday, seemed as though that was the first time he had heard of it. There was probing to try and figure out when he found out (2/2)

Why do the media !@#$s always bring up job security in situations like that? Is it simply to try and get the coach pissed off?

Clicks. Its all anyone in the media is worried about anymore. They dont care about substance or truth, its only if they can get people to open up their stories or not.

@salsports

It was quite the Rex Ryan press conference today, with some interesting exchanges, including media vs media in beginning here:

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/809087120015052801

@nick_wojton

WATCH: Here's the full exchange Rex had with the media about his job security a short time ago #Bills #BillsMafia

https://twitter.com/nick_wojton/status/809094214357319681

this-is-fine.75788.gif

4 minutes of the media saying "So you didnt know anything about it between the field and press conference?!?"

One joke talking to another joke.

Welcome to Buffalo.

So there's three weeks left in a season that would require multiple miracles in order for the Bills to finish with a winning record, let alone get into the playoffs.

Everyone in North America with a pulse knows Rex Ryan's on the hot seat and very likely to lose his job.

And people have a problem with the media asking about job security??

Not a lot going on here.

A reporter whose voice I couldn't identify was trying to "catch" Rex in a "lie" because Rex insinuated that he heard about the rumor of his Monday firing some time prior to the post-game PC.

(Keeping in mind that at the post-game PC Rex said it was the first time he had heard of such news).

This reporter kept harping and harping trying to catch up Rex on what is a meaningless point and frankly, the whole thing was misguided and amateurish. (The voice sounded young but I have no idea who it was or if he was young).

At a certain point another voice from within the media shouted "What difference does it make!" addressing the first reporter.

Rex somewhat amazingly put on a good face and went around and around fairly pleasantly dealing with the entire situation, basically repeating that he promises everyone he did not know about this rumor.

The media feels they caught him lying

Joe Buscaglia Verified account ‏@JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

To catch you up to speed, Rex insinuated that he had learned about the reports of his firing ahead of the Sunday press conference (1/2)

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 2h2 hours ago

But on Sunday, seemed as though that was the first time he had heard of it. There was probing to try and figure out when he found out (2/2)

Oh thank god. We can all rest easy...Joe is on it.

Stay woke

So there's three weeks left in a season that would require multiple miracles in order for the Bills to finish with a winning record, let alone get into the playoffs.

Everyone in North America with a pulse knows Rex Ryan's on the hot seat and very likely to lose his job.

And people have a problem with the media asking about job security??

That really isn't what this little spat was about though.

This does highlight why it's a great idea to fire the guy if that is the plan.

3 weeks of a circus show with Rex serving as lame duck HC isn't really doing the organization a lot of good.

I'd still love to know who leaked the rumor, assuming it was leaked and there was some kernel of truth to what La Confora reported...

I have to assume it came from a competing faction within the organization who wants to see Rex gone.

Not a lot going on here.

A reporter whose voice I couldn't identify was trying to "catch" Rex in a "lie" because Rex insinuated that he heard about the rumor of his Monday firing some time prior to the post-game PC.

(Keeping in mind that at the post-game PC Rex said it was the first time he had heard of such news).

This reporter kept harping and harping trying to catch up Rex on what is a meaningless point and frankly, the whole thing was misguided and amateurish. (The voice sounded young but I have no idea who it was or if he was young).

At a certain point another voice from within the media shouted "What difference does it make!" addressing the first reporter.

Rex somewhat amazingly put on a good face and went around and around fairly pleasantly dealing with the entire situation, basically repeating that he promises everyone he did not know about this rumor.

I think the guy pestering Rex the most (with baseball cap in 2nd row), is Bucky Gleason. Sounds like him anyway.

I just watched this thing again.

Rex showed a lot of class dealing with those jokers. I am amazed how he has been able to restrain himself (both today and since he got here) in dealing with these guys.

I would have lost my temper a long time ago.

Of course, it is obvious that is what some of these guys are trying to do.

it was bucky gleason and carucci.. and the whole deal was pointless IMHO.

Somebody needs to ask them about their jobs the way they are so dismissive of others.

I wonder what the trend is with TBN subscriptions. I presume down in general given the newspaper industry. Of course, given the way Bucky, Sully, Mike H., and Vic etc. judge others (without considering injuries, the QB, suspensions and their effect on the HC), I suppose I could blame them for the Buffalo News' downward trend. Why not? They never seem to distinguish between the forest and trees.

I just watched this thing again.

Rex showed a lot of class dealing with those jokers. I am amazed how he has been able to restrain himself (both today and since he got here) in dealing with these guys.

I would have lost my temper a long time ago.

Of course, it is obvious that is what some of these guys are trying to do.

can you imagine Marrone in this situation ...

It was idiotic, and as much as i want Rex fired, he handled it well. How stupid a question to follow up"do you think you should be fired"?

Was there really not one question about why Tyrod starting considering the injury guarantee?

Somebody needs to ask them about their jobs the way they are so dismissive of others.

I wonder what the trend is with TBN subscriptions. I presume down in general given the newspaper industry. Of course, given the way Bucky, Sully, Mike H., and Vic etc. judge others (without considering injuries, the QB, suspensions and their effect on the HC), I suppose I could blame them for the Buffalo News' downward trend. Why not? They never seem to distinguish between the forest and trees.

sure subsriptions are down...but a hugely profitable operation. Warren Buffett aint no dummy!

It was idiotic, and as much as i want Rex fired, he handled it well. How stupid a question to follow up"do you think you should be fired"?

Was there really not one question about why Tyrod starting considering the injury guarantee?

sure subsriptions are down...but a hugely profitable operation. Warren Buffett aint no dummy!

they are waiting to ask TT that directly after practice. It will go something like this:

"Tyrod, considering your contract guarantees 27.5 if you get hurt, do you plan to run right into defenders repeatedly? Like more than normal?"

I am amazed by some of the questions these guys ask. These guys are supposed to be sports "experts."

If I were in charge of these PCs, I would have at least two cameras. One on the coach or player as is normal. The other on the idiots in the Buffalo press corp so that people can see who is asking these questions and pushing these narratives.

As an aside, whenever I watch or listen to Sabres post game interviews, I always notice that most seem to try to ride Paul Hamilton's coat tails. Hamilton seems to be about the only guy in the Buffalo media (outside of the Sabres crew and Robie) that really knows anything about hockey.

Edited by Peter