Rex's "This is Fine" press conference today - a doozy

YoloinOhio

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that video...I've never felt more childish for caring about a football team as much as well seemingly do.

I calmly closed the browser tab and stared at my screen and just whispered "who cares...?" as I sat still in the self realization that I just watched, with legitimate interest, a handful of grown men talk circles about nothing. It's really pathetic and not healthy for any of us to get into this like we do. It's honestly a damn soap opera for men and I'd be very hypocritical if I didn't point that out.

I want a new coach, new players, new gm, new president, etc. etc. but I don't want to be as interested in the process anymore. It's not healthy that I know as much about Russ Brandon as I do. Do you think most fans at the Stadium could even pick Russ Brandon out of a pack of 10 men wearing suits outside of Napolis? I'm ranting, but I think I'm slowly going to slide into the realm of the "casual fan"...

It's waay too late for you to change. What's more, you can't. I know the signs. I've been there before. It's a sickness -and it may be hereditary.. I've heard hypnosis is effective for the short term, but you'll have to commit to lifetime of regular refresher visits, otherwise you'll fall right back into caring waay too damn much about Sports teams from your hometown who perpetually suck and don't care at all about you.

Thanks. I feel a little better..

It's waay too late for you to change. What's more, you can't. I know the signs. I've been there before. It's a sickness -and it may be hereditary.. I've heard hypnosis is effective for the short term, but you'll have to commit to lifetime of regular refresher visits, otherwise you'll fall right back into caring waay too damn much about Sports teams from your hometown who perpetually suck and don't care at all about you.

Thanks. I feel a little better..

Great, now I'm depressed.

Seems like the media is on a witch hunt and won't stop till someone burns, maybe more than one. Funny thing is they are still playoff eligible, what happens if they stumble into them?

I don't blame the media for being on a witch hunt, look what Ryan has done to this defense. He should burn.

Bolded, come on man be serious. But if we ignore reality for a moment, do you think anything changes if they make it by an act of god and get smoked by 50 in the first round?

After watching that video...I've never felt more childish for caring about a football team as much as well seemingly do.

I calmly closed the browser tab and stared at my screen and just whispered "who cares...?" as I sat still in the self realization that I just watched, with legitimate interest, a handful of grown men talk circles about nothing. It's really pathetic and not healthy for any of us to get into this like we do. It's honestly a damn soap opera for men and I'd be very hypocritical if I didn't point that out.

I want a new coach, new players, new gm, new president, etc. etc. but I don't want to be as interested in the process anymore. It's not healthy that I know as much about Russ Brandon as I do. Do you think most fans at the Stadium could even pick Russ Brandon out of a pack of 10 men wearing suits outside of Napolis? I'm ranting, but I think I'm slowly going to slide into the realm of the "casual fan"...

My sentiments exactly. Everyone involved in that video should be embarrassed and we should be embarrassed for watching.

Go Bills.

I think they prefer to cover a losing team.......no controversy if constantly winning....boring for the writers....Sullivan wouldn't know what to do....during the Superbowl years he would go after individual players....Bruce, Thurman....

They, without a doubt, prefer a losing team. That isnt even a trade secret. Whenever we are winning (4 game streak, for example), they admit it when they run out of things to talk about! It's just easier to admit during the good times.

I don't blame the media for being on a witch hunt, look what Ryan has done to this defense. He should burn.

Bolded, come on man be serious. But if we ignore reality for a moment, do you think anything changes if they make it by an act of god and get smoked by 50 in the first round?

Well you should blame them. The poor performance of the team in general or the defense in particular should have absolutely nothing to do with the level of professionalism displayed by the press corps. That guy in the video sounded like a small child.

Of course, you missed the point about the double standard.

To paraphrase you, I now realize that I do not care that you missed it.

Carry on.

The double standard? Is that what it's called when sports journalists ask questions and the athletes and coaches don't? I also hate the double standard that surgeons get to operate on patients and patients aren't even allowed to touch the scalpels!

Seems like the media is on a witch hunt and won't stop till someone burns, maybe more than one. Funny thing is they are still playoff eligible, what happens if they stumble into them?

What happens if, never happens. Ever. "What if Gailey and Fitz turn out to be the answer, what will Sully say?" "What if Marrone and EJ make the playoffs, what will Sully say?" "What if Rex and Tyrod squeak in there, what will Sully say?"

Yawn.

Edited by jmc12290

Well you should blame them. The poor performance of the team in general or the defense in particular should have absolutely nothing to do with the level of professionalism displayed by the press corps. That guy in the video sounded like a small child.

Exactly... the guy in the video on the media side is being a petty spoiled child like Joe Rogan. It's just an epic fail that rivals Rex most days... it's like arguing over whether or not you put creamer or sugar in the coffee first...

Exactly... the guy in the video on the media side is being a petty spoiled child like Joe Rogan. It's just an epic fail that rivals Rex most days... it's like arguing over whether or not you put creamer or sugar in the coffee first...

That was Bucky Gleason, at his finest. So annoying and childish that finally the last real journalist left on the Buffalo News staff, Milt Northrop, had to speak up in frustration and ask what difference it possibly makes to a member of his own organization who was obviously embarrassing him.

I don't understand the Rogan reference?