Rex's "This is Fine" press conference today - a doozy

YoloinOhio

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the media !@#$s always bring up job security in situations like that? Is it simply to try and get the coach pissed off?

I completely agree. Are they just trying to piss Rex off? Sounded like they were just trying to provoke him.

Jerry Sullivan is pissed that he's not part of this story.

I noticed something interesting.

La Canfora issues his "report" literally moments before kickoff. I can surmise why he did this. I also think that he has had it in for Rex for some time.

All of a sudden, seconds after La Canfora issues his hit piece, our esteemed Buffalo media start reporting they have sources telling them the same thing.

Odd. Very odd. There is no doubt in my mind that La Canfora was pushing an agenda and these other clowns wanted to join in . . . especially Vic who has been praying that his hit piece from many months ago will miraculously turn out to be "true" (even though Ty Dunne and others - including Terry Pegula denied it back them).

Edited by Peter

After watching that video...I've never felt more childish for caring about a football team as much as well seemingly do.

I calmly closed the browser tab and stared at my screen and just whispered "who cares...?" as I sat still in the self realization that I just watched, with legitimate interest, a handful of grown men talk circles about nothing. It's really pathetic and not healthy for any of us to get into this like we do. It's honestly a damn soap opera for men and I'd be very hypocritical if I didn't point that out.

I want a new coach, new players, new gm, new president, etc. etc. but I don't want to be as interested in the process anymore. It's not healthy that I know as much about Russ Brandon as I do. Do you think most fans at the Stadium could even pick Russ Brandon out of a pack of 10 men wearing suits outside of Napolis? I'm ranting, but I think I'm slowly going to slide into the realm of the "casual fan"...

@salsports

It was quite the Rex Ryan press conference today, with some interesting exchanges, including media vs media in beginning here:

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/809087120015052801

@nick_wojton

WATCH: Here's the full exchange Rex had with the media about his job security a short time ago #Bills #BillsMafia

https://twitter.com/nick_wojton/status/809094214357319681

this-is-fine.75788.gif

BEST GIF EVER.

Seems like the media is on a witch hunt and won't stop till someone burns, maybe more than one. Funny thing is they are still playoff eligible, what happens if they stumble into them?

There were some members who indicated there was "blood in the water" before the season even started. I think they just want to be right. Not sure what kind of narrative flipping would occur if the unlikely, but not impossible, occurred.

There were some members who indicated there was "blood in the water" before the season even started. I think they just want to be right. Not sure what kind of narrative flipping would occur if the unlikely, but not impossible, occurred.

You are right on the money.

I was wondering the same thing, most of those guys will probably just continue the hunt with vigor.

I've always felt that the Buffalo media goes out of their way to incite controversy and act like idiots because Buffalo is always dismissed by National media as being a "soft" town for media scrutiny. In the age of Twitter, the Buffalo media has gotten especially snarky and full of themselves.

It's like this everywhere. After the Steelers win, a friend of mine who had not seen the game was listening to talk radio and thought the Steelers had lost until he checked the score.

After watching that video...I've never felt more childish for caring about a football team as much as well seemingly do.

I calmly closed the browser tab and stared at my screen and just whispered "who cares...?" as I sat still in the self realization that I just watched, with legitimate interest, a handful of grown men talk circles about nothing. It's really pathetic and not healthy for any of us to get into this like we do. It's honestly a damn soap opera for men and I'd be very hypocritical if I didn't point that out.

I want a new coach, new players, new gm, new president, etc. etc. but I don't want to be as interested in the process anymore. It's not healthy that I know as much about Russ Brandon as I do. Do you think most fans at the Stadium could even pick Russ Brandon out of a pack of 10 men wearing suits outside of Napolis? I'm ranting, but I think I'm slowly going to slide into the realm of the "casual fan"...

don't do it. !!!!!

The pettiness, disorganization and chaos of the Buffalo Bills rivaled only by the media who covers them.

Can't wrestle with the pigs without rolling through the mud.

It was insinuated here last week that the local media is content to stay in Buffalo rather than chase better jobs elsewhere.

Right.

Because the most esteemed publications on the planet are knocking down doors to get at these intrepid crackpots.

Edited by The Big Cat

Somebody needs to ask them about their jobs the way they are so dismissive of others.

I wonder what the trend is with TBN subscriptions. I presume down in general given the newspaper industry. Of course, given the way Bucky, Sully, Mike H., and Vic etc. judge others (without considering injuries, the QB, suspensions and their effect on the HC), I suppose I could blame them for the Buffalo News' downward trend. Why not? They never seem to distinguish between the forest and trees.

No one cares about their job security.

Seems like the media is on a witch hunt and won't stop till someone burns, maybe more than one. Funny thing is they are still playoff eligible, what happens if they stumble into them?

I think they prefer to cover a losing team.......no controversy if constantly winning....boring for the writers....Sullivan wouldn't know what to do....during the Superbowl years he would go after individual players....Bruce, Thurman....

This may just be my opinion, but it seems like a dick-move by the reporter to be focusing so much on this minute detail that means nothing.

Would it really change anything if Rex new about the rumors before vs after the game.

I'm not a Rex fan, but the reporter comes off as a douche.

Not a lot going on here.

A reporter whose voice I couldn't identify was trying to "catch" Rex in a "lie" because Rex insinuated that he heard about the rumor of his Monday firing some time prior to the post-game PC.

(Keeping in mind that at the post-game PC Rex said it was the first time he had heard of such news).

This reporter kept harping and harping trying to catch up Rex on what is a meaningless point and frankly, the whole thing was misguided and amateurish. (The voice sounded young but I have no idea who it was or if he was young).

At a certain point another voice from within the media shouted "What difference does it make!" addressing the first reporter.

Rex somewhat amazingly put on a good face and went around and around fairly pleasantly dealing with the entire situation, basically repeating that he promises everyone he did not know about this rumor.

Thanks for the recap!

My reaction: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@salsports

It was quite the Rex Ryan press conference today, with some interesting exchanges, including media vs media in beginning here:

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/809087120015052801

@nick_wojton

WATCH: Here's the full exchange Rex had with the media about his job security a short time ago #Bills #BillsMafia

https://twitter.com/nick_wojton/status/809094214357319681

He has 25 million reasons to not really care a whole lot about what some local beat guy says

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

No one cares about their job security.

Of course, you missed the point about the double standard.

To paraphrase you, I now realize that I do not care that you missed it.

Carry on.

Edited by Peter