New Chenelly Tweet - Coughlin an option

Reed83HOF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comment conversations for additional context:

nickellion79 @nickellion79 2h2 hours ago

@jchenelly joe can you elaborate on the Coughlin mention?

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

and

ty @ty_boe 2h2 hours ago

@jchenelly youve broken some things in the past. You really think that could be an option? Id almost rather go the shannahans if rex is gone

• @ty_boe He is liked at OBD & likes those there. The connection is real. Surely there'd be other options. Not saying a decisions been made.

I would be fine with Coughlin in a senior advisory role, i.e. doing the football stuff that Russ Brandon claims he isn't doing. I actually think he would be a good fit in that kind of position. He knows how a winning franchise operates and how to foster that attitude. He knows his way around the league and knows the major players. The Pegulas need someone who can guide them on building a winner - Russ has proven over the last 15 years that he knows nothing about it.

I would not want Coughlin as a head coach, or as general manager. At his age, he is not a long term solution in either slot.

I don't want him as a HC, adviser would be more to my liking.

I don't want Coughlin either.

I would be fine with Coughlin in a senior advisory role, i.e. doing the football stuff that Russ Brandon claims he isn't doing. I actually think he would be a good fit in that kind of position. He knows how a winning franchise operates and how to foster that attitude. He knows his way around the league and knows the major players. The Pegulas need someone who can guide them on building a winner - Russ has proven over the last 15 years that he knows nothing about it.

I would not want Coughlin as a head coach, or as general manager. At his age, he is not a long term solution in either slot.

Agree on everything.

Interesting stuff and the man does seem like he left the NY Giants with something to prove.

Another thought is that If there is one man who knows how to beat the Patriots It's Coughlin. The guy does favor a 4-3 defensive scheme and likes to build a stout run game. He also knows what assistant coaches to hire and although it was his defense that failed him in 2015, 30th in pts allowed, 32 in yards allowed. The NY Giants kept the same DC in Steve Spagnuolo and that defense is much better this year 7th in pts, 14th in yards.

I'd be for hiring him for whatever he wants to do. Buffalo is currently 7th in team penalties and although it's not as bad as last season in #2, those damn things can kill a drive or stop fast. Coughlin would bring some serious discipline to Buffalo.

This dude nailed Rex, Roman, Hughes and others before anyone else. My guess is TT is inactive; I am really thinking it is Coughlin

LOL

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 1h1 hour ago

The inactive list Sunday could be telling. #Bills #BillsMafia And Tom Coughlin really is an option.

CLICK BAIT ALERT Edited by reddogblitz