New Chenelly Tweet - Coughlin an option

Reed83HOF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too old for me. If he was even a couple of years younger I'd be all over it..... but 71 before next season kicks off... if you work on the basis of him building a staff and staying three years setting things on the right path and anointing / grooming a successor that makes him 74 by the time he stands down.

I think that is just too old to do the job properly. Coughlin's success became because he was so thorough, so detailed and worked so hard. That is him doing it properly. I think at the age he is he would inevitably end up doing things light touch - which is no what made him great.

I'd be so discouraged if we made Coughlin our next coach. He's past his prime and just too old. The Giants are having a pretty nice year without him which says something.

Mostly that says they spent huge money on 3 big defensive FA who are all playing very well, and they got JPP back.

I don't know about Head Coach (though at this point I am not against it too much) but if he wants to be czar, I am all for it.

Thats where i am. If they want to give him the keys to the car and full authority to build us a football program, thats great.

The one thing that puts me off though is how chemnelly says he is friendly with many in the organization.

He has the qualities i would like to see instilled in the bills organization. Hard work, detail oriented, professional...

Edited by May Day 10

If the fans choice was Coughlin or the clowns. I think Coughlin would win hands down. Like some others I would rather have him as say president of football operations and have the GM and HC report too him. Let the Pegula's concern themselves on what they do best. Making money. Give Coughlin the open checkbook Whaley and Rex have had and give it a shot.

One thing is certain the Bills will no longer be putting 10 players on the field and Other lingerie league type mistakes.

Please, no to Tom Coughlin.

His last 4 seasons in NY he was (9-7), (7-9), (6-10) and (6-10). All of this while being in the craptastic NFC LEast AND having a "franchise QB" in Eli.

I am not pro coughlin coming to Buffalo but that team was seriously devoid of talent the last two years. You can see the difference this year when they went out and purchased a defense

I am not pro coughlin coming to Buffalo but that team was seriously devoid of talent the last two years. You can see the difference this year when they went out and purchased a defense

Devoid?

in 2012 and in 2013 they had:

Justin Tuck

Osi Umenyora

JPP

Eli Manning

Victor Cruz

Hakeem Nicks

Rueben Randell

Antrell Rolle

Prince Amukamara

David Diehl

I mean I wouldn't call that devoid and those players were on the SB team in 2011. All of this, again, playing in the NFC East.

I am OK with saying goodbye to Hughes if he cannot get disciplined. His lack of self control has certainly hurt this team more over the years than his speed has helped.

Hughes isnt even half way through his contract, where is he going?

And I think there is a major difference between Marrone, who thought he was a god, versus Coughlin, who is a proven winner and leader.

Devoid?

in 2012 and in 2013 they had:

Justin Tuck

Osi Umenyora

JPP

Eli Manning

Victor Cruz

Hakeem Nicks

Rueben Randell

Antrell Rolle

Prince Amukamara

David Diehl

I mean I wouldn't call that devoid and those players were on the SB team in 2011. All of this, again, playing in the NFC East.

He said the last two years, not 2012 and 2013. I live in NY and see tons of Giants games, and he's right about the defense. Edited by dave mcbride