New Chenelly Tweet - Coughlin an option

Reed83HOF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone want Coughlin at this point. He's 70 years old.

Maybe because he has brought 2 Lombardis to his previous employer?

Tom would have instant credibility and buy in from the players.

The age thing doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather have an old smart football coach than a dumb young one. Goodness knows we've had plenty of those.

Edited by reddogblitz

Coughlin is a Hall of Fame coach who is a winner known as a workaholic. Compare that to having a guy in charge that played baseball at St. John Fisher and spends his time rubbing elbows

with the blue bloods at the Buffalo Club and Oak Hill. Bring in Coughlin in any role he wants.

Why wouldn't people want a generationally, culturally disconnected 70 year old man in a position of power? What could go wrong?

The same folks who bash Rex for having an old school system that the league has passed by also want to hire guys like Polian and Coughlin to run the team. :rolleyes:

where is Hughes going? Retirement? He's under contract.

And Ill be the guy to say it. I give two sh*ts is Hughes doesnt want to be on the team because somebody wants him to contol himself and show some dicipline. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out if a little dicipline is more than you can handle.

Edited by MDH

And Ill be the guy to say it. I give two sh*ts is Hughes doesnt want to be on the team because somebody wants him to contol himself and show some dicipline. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out if a little dicipline is more than you can handle.

i agree but just saying he's not going anywhere unless the Bills decide they don't want him

Tom Coughlin's age isn't the issue. The issue is whether the game has passed by his philosophy and strategy on how to play it. I don't know if it has.

We already have that occurring with Rex Ryan. You saw it with Jeff Fisher. The NFL is not the place where you're successful with sticking with what worked for you before.

What if Russ is "the leaker"?

I thought the same thing.

The same folks who bash Rex for having an old school system that the league has passed by also want to hire guys like Polian and Coughlin to run the team. :rolleyes:

I guess the question would Coughlin be hands-on in systems or just Pegulas eyes and ears on the team making sure it's being run right?

Tom Coughlin's age isn't the issue. The issue is whether the game has passed by his philosophy and strategy on how to play it. I don't know if it has.

We already have that occurring with Rex Ryan. You saw it with Jeff Fisher. The NFL is not the place where you're successful with sticking with what worked for you before.

Coughlin isnt a system guy, hes a delegator. The game passing him by isnt my concern, its that even if the Bills finally find success there will be HC turnover in 4-5 years regardless.

Oh how Id love to finally find a quality HC and let him roam the sidelines for a decade.

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 1h1 hour ago

The inactive list Sunday could be telling. #Bills #BillsMafia And Tom Coughlin really is an option.

Advisor Fine

Coach No

Maybe because he has brought 2 Lombardis to his previous employer?

Tom would have instant credibility and buy in from the players.

The age thing doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather have an old smart football coach than a dumb young one. Goodness knows we've had plenty of those.

I don't think he would bring instant buy in from players for years we read how players were done with him.

Just say No as HC

Coughlin's Giants teams were a mixed bag. The D lost a ton of talent during his last few years there, but those teams were also plagued by a lack of preparation, focus, and effort on Sundays. They flat out stopped listening to him during his last two seasons and it was apparent that the game had passed him by. As many have said, an advisory role would be fine but it would be very troubling if he were named HC, unless he assembles a young, lights-out staff.

Devoid?

in 2012 and in 2013 they had:

Justin Tuck

Osi Umenyora

JPP

Eli Manning

Victor Cruz

Hakeem Nicks

Rueben Randell

Antrell Rolle

Prince Amukamara

David Diehl

I mean I wouldn't call that devoid and those players were on the SB team in 2011. All of this, again, playing in the NFC East.

I said that last two years 14 and 15 and a bunch of the players you mentioned Nicks, Rolle, osi and tuck were on the downside of their careers . There is a reason they spent a fortune of free agents this off season. They didn't have any players