Tyrod to remain starter

What a Tuel

The crowd that insists that playing Cardale with him not ready will cause him some irreversible psychological damage cracks me up.

Is he rushing in to diffuse a nuclear power plant meltdown or flying an F16 solo for the first time?

Holy crap he may not make it out alive!!!

Let him or EJ play for Petes sake. It's against the freaking Browns.

But no Bozo has to try to pad the record to save face like its the super bowl. *PUKES*!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he's still playing because the Bills are still mathematically alive. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I was able to get the NY Times playoff calculator to show the Bills in the playoffs. It has the Broncos, Ravens, and Dolphins falling apart for this to happen. That part's OK. The part that I have trouble with is it requires Buffalo to win the last three games. Not happening.

Actually, given their QB situation and schedule, the Broncos and Dolphins may well fall apart and not win another game. The Bills SHOULD win their last three games, given who the opposition is, and that's coming from someone who loathes Ryan and thinks he's inept. The Ravens collapsing may well be a bridge too far, and there are also the Titans, Colts and Texans to deal with.

Edited by IronyAbounds

Imagine that, LaCanfora reports something that causes a big stir but turns out to be false. This is certainly the first time Ive ever hesrd of this haooening.

Absolutely, but he's getting fed by people from within the organization. I gotta say, that organization is like a Monty Python rendition of Game of Thrones at this point.

Absolutely, but he's getting fed by people from within the organization. I gotta say, that organization is like a Monty Python rendition of Game of Thrones at this point.

Youd think that hed eventually tire of being used to spread gossip. He might get clicks in the short term, but in the long run it ruins one's reputation.

Imagine that, LaCanfora reports something that causes a big stir but turns out to be false. This is certainly the first time Ive ever hesrd of this haooening.

Yep, he is a terrible writer or reporter or whatever they are called now

Actually, given their QB situation and schedule, the Broncos and Dolphins may well fall apart and not win another game. The Bills SHOULD win their last three games, given who the opposition is, and that's coming from someone who loathes Ryan and thinks he's inept. The Ravens collapsing may well be a bridge too far, and there are also the Titans, Colts and Texans to deal with.

Yeah, I can see the Dols and Broncos falling apart and the Bills winning their last 3 games. Ravens falling apart...not so much.

I wonder if the Bills buy insurance to offset/cover injuries? In other words, if Tyrod blows a knee and gets his full payment I wonder if an insurer would actually be on the hook for the full payment and not the Bills.

Not out of the question. It's standard in certain areas of the entertainment business. If available for sports teams it would be foolish not too insure against a potential financial loss like that.

IMO

Cleveland, Miami, and the Jets all with back-up QB's playing. A nice 3 wins to finish the season and I can hear it already...

"Let's build on this momentum for next year"

Well, the Browns are starting RG3, who is kind of nominally their designated starting QB, at least for the few games he's been active this year. On that point:

http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/20161212/cleveland-browns-coach-wants-terrelle-pryor-to-catch-ball-think-before-speaking

Terrelle Pryor calling out RG3 for QBing mistakes. Because apparently Terrelle Pryor was sooo successful as a QB. Hey, maybe RG has a future as a wideout!

Not out of the question. It's standard in certain areas of the entertainment business. If available for sports teams it would be foolish not too insure against a potential financial loss like that.

IMO

As a sports fan its not the money I worry about. It's the rich guys money, not mine. I worry about the cap hit not allowing the team to bring in the talent to make the team competitive and give me a good show for once in almost 2 decades.

Well it should be, he is the best QB on the roster. If they are not going to keep him though, I would have liked to see EJ get some game time to earn a chance at a contract from someone next year just because he never complained, worked hard, and had some good moments. So be cool to see if he could do anything these last 3 games, but IMO TT is still the better QB on the roster.

TT being the best QB on the roster is the DISCOURAGING part. It's SHAMEFUL that these QBs have not been able to develop into COMPETENT NFL players. It doesn't give me a lot of hope for Cardale Jones.

TT being the best QB on the roster is the DISCOURAGING part. It's SHAMEFUL that these QBs have not been able to develop into COMPETENT NFL players. It doesn't give me a lot of hope for Cardale Jones.

Quick, who's the best QB the Bills ever developed?

(And it's not Jim Kelly.

IMO

they are insured. but the only part they would pay i believe is if tyrod is unable to play next year due to injury. eric berry and the chiefs had agreed to a contract but the chiefs wanted him to pay the 2.5 mil premium to insure the deal and he said no. due to his cancer

There are 3 quarterbacks on the roster.

Yeah, I know, but everyone is calling for Jones to start over EJ, haven't seen too many people wanting EJ

No, it's the super smart fan base that says if TT gets hurt in one of these 3 MEANINGLESS games, he hamstrings our cap next year. Or are you saying you are 100% certain you want TT to be the starter next year, and 100% the Bills should exercise the option. Cause that's what you are doing if he gets hurt.

And lets not forget, the same guy you quote as saying Jones to raw, also said this week he is not ready to commit to TT as the starter. So can't have it both ways.

Well as someone else also mentioned, there is another person on the roster who could start, and hes ahead of Jones on the depth chart.................

Thanks for demonstrating how Super smart this fan base is.........

man , it is going to ugly at the stadium this week...trying to convince myself to go...pretty much had the bags packed, but rethinking that with this assinine decison. And for me, it is really all about that injury guarantee...why risk 16M in cap next year with a scrawny, run first QB that could have a 12 month injury.

Newsflash...this franchise does NOTHING right. I'm actually amazed more people are shocked by all the idiot decisions the Bills made today. I'm not shocked one bit. Stupid is what this franchise does best.

I'll laugh hysterically if they bring back Rex and company after a 3 game win streak or even 2-1 to end the season against the bottom of the barrel.

Exactly. And the screwed up part is that's exactly what's going to happen. Book it.