Week 13 Predictions: Bills at Raiders

YoloinOhio

30-17 Oakland.

But I hold out hope that the Bills will play a spirited, desperate game. The Raiders are not going to be desperate in this one. They REALLY wanted to beat Houston in Mexico and the reigning NFC champs in Carolina. I don't think they will be extra jacked up to play Buffalo. Maybe it's the due theory. Oakland is due for a stinker and the Bills have played two pretty solid west coast games already this year. Hope I'm wrong about the outcome,,,,trying to talk myself into a Bills victory here.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30-17 Oakland.

But I hold out hope that the Bills will play a spirited, desperate game. The Raiders are not going to be desperate in this one. They REALLY wanted to beat Houston in Mexico and the reigning NFC champs in Carolina. I don't think they will be extra jacked up to play Buffalo. Maybe it's the due theory. Oakland is due for a stinker and the Bills have played two pretty solid west coast games already this year. Hope I'm wrong about the outcome,,,,trying to talk myself into a Bills victory here.

I talked myself into a Bills win by asking if Jack Del Rio is worthy of coaching a 10-2 team, and the answer was clearly no.

I don't see this game being a match-up nightmare at all...Despite the records...I certainly think the Bills have the talent to match Oakland overall...

But...

I honestly, and regrettably, I have no expectations whatsoever that the Bills will win this game..

I fully expect the Bills to get beat here...I expect Oakland to walk all over this Bills Defense...

When is the last time the Bills went on the Road and upset a sure-fire Playoff team? I'm sure there have been one or two examples in the past decade or so...Right?...OK...I'm not sure...But even if there is one or two I don't remember them...And furthermore this is the kind of game the Bills always come up short in...

It's going to take a massive effort by the Defense to win this game...I don't think they have it in them...Oakland's Defense is definitely suspect...But which Tyrod will show up?...And if it's a close game I have zero confidence that Tyrod can get it done late...Zero...

I see it high scoring...Bills have a chance but figure out a way to choke away another one...

Raiders 33 - Bills 30

Hope in a BIG way they prove me wrong... B-)

30-17 Oakland.

Wanted to beat the Texans? They played an awful game all the way through to the 4th quarter when Carr and the offense decided it was desperation time or they'd lose.

Carolina? In the words of a bills fan, "they are a 4-7 team so they don't count"

Edited by What a Tuel

35-31 raiders...

just on an incredible roll this year...Carr leads yet another 4th quarter comeback down 31-28 to give them the win...

At some point they will have to come back to the mean, but sometimes teams just go an entire season like this...Panthers last year, Bears in Orton's first year, Packers under Majkowski all come to mind...none of them were able to capture the same magic the following year....

That's not to say I think the Raiders are a flash in the pan...they aren't, their offense is great, Carr is becoming a very god QB...but a team with the worst D in the NFL shouldn't have 9 wins, and the way they are winning is not sustainable over the long haul(multiple seasons)...you just can't expect to come back in the 4th quarter almost every week on a constant basis...

Raiders might be a better team than Buffalo, but I don't think they are leagues better like the Patriots...these two teams are pretty evenly matched...if Tyrod was more clutch like Carr has been late in games, the Bills would probably be 8-4 themselves....

I see this as similar to the Seattle game....Bills play well enough to win but fall just short.

I keep flip flopping on this. I love the matchup of the Bills DL vs the Raiders OL, but I also think Mack is going to have his way with Miller. The Bills continue to rely on big plays to generate much of their offense and that's always risky. Then there is the question of the health of some of the Bills key players. And they're playing in Oakland. A win is possible, but I'm going to have to go with:

Oakland 31

Buffalo 24

I think the Raiders find early success going up and down the field, but our defense holds stout in the red zone and forces field goals instead of touchdowns (mostly)...we are also able to move the ball on the Raiders D (we quadruple team Mack)...its close until the fourth quarter but Carr makes a costly INT or two, and bills win 31-22

Let's be honest here. If the Bills can move the ball on the Seahawks in Seattle then I feel they can move it pretty well against one of the worst defenses in football. This really comes down to who wants it more, turnovers and calling good plays at the right time will be the key. It's a pretty even match up, both teams have good players. I feel good about this one. If Sammy can play and I hear Hunter is going to start at WR then we could really see some big plays. If Harvin could some how get on the field and play from the slot. We might see a 40 point game from the Bills. This is one game I won't miss, it's must see TV. I say Bills 34 Raiders 31.

That will then make the Pittsburg game the best home game of the year.

Edited by billsareback