Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isnt really back from before.

Feel bad for him, but its a distraction to the team. Lets be honest, its only 2 and a half feet of intestine. I've cooked polish sausage longer than that.

Wouldnt be surprised if they move on.

Edited by Captain_Quint

Henderson should sue the league.

For them not letting him use a drug that is federally illegal and not legal in his state of employment and collectively bargained to be against the leagues rules? I expect it wouldn't get toooooo far even though I agree the Nfl should change policy

Why do these player refuse to follow the rules.

If this is true, he will be cut.

Imo

Yeah, I'm sure following the rules is the first thing on your mind when your Dr. says something could help you avoid losing even more of your intestines.

I like that they pointed out with a figurative *ahem* that he had a doctors appointment.....on Thanksgiving. :lol:

For all the people feeling bad for this guy he has pissed dirty probably a dozen times going back to college.

He's just a typical unaccountable character from his Bill Clinton-esque "there is none of that" denial to his "I feel hurt cuz Rex didn't call ME" nonsense.

Yeah, I'm sure following the rules is the first thing on your mind when your Dr. says something could help you avoid losing even more of your intestines.

Then he is not fit to play and should've retired last year.

Let's not get distracted from the true point of the matter and not pivot this into a medical marijuana argument, which it is not.

Imo

I like that they pointed out with a figurative *ahem* that he had a doctors appointment.....on Thanksgiving. :lol:

For all the people feeling bad for this guy he has pissed dirty probably a dozen times going back to college.

He's just a typical unaccountable character from his Bill Clinton-esque "there is none of that" denial to his "I feel hurt cuz Rex didn't call ME" nonsense.

there are times when you have to separate and distinguish between humanity and football. Crohn's is a very serious disease. Its to the point with this guy where he is going to have to unfortunately choose between football and his health, bc theres no doubt marijuana is an effective treatment for the disease.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/medical-marijuana-achieves-complete-remission-crohns-disease-drug-improves-247783

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/04/15/health/marijuana-medical-advances/index.html?client=safari

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23648372/

He should probably just retire.

Edited by bobobonators

MJ is a cure for the spread of crohns! You heard it here first on TSW. :lol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372

RESULTS:

Complete remission (CDAI score, <150) was achieved by 5 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (45%) and 1 of 10 in the placebo group (10%; P = .43). A clinical response (decrease in CDAI score of >100) was observed in 10 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (90%; from 330 ± 105 to 152 ± 109) and 4 of 10 in the placebo group (40%; from 373 ± 94 to 306 ± 143; P = .028). Three patients in the cannabis group were weaned from steroid dependency. Subjects receiving cannabis reported improved appetite and sleep, with no significant side effects.

CONCLUSIONS:

Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted.

RESULTS:

Complete remission (CDAI score, <150) was achieved by 5 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (45%) and 1 of 10 in the placebo group (10%; P = .43). A clinical response (decrease in CDAI score of >100) was observed in 10 of 11 subjects in the cannabis group (90%; from 330 ± 105 to 152 ± 109) and 4 of 10 in the placebo group (40%; from 373 ± 94 to 306 ± 143; P = .028). Three patients in the cannabis group were weaned from steroid dependency. Subjects receiving cannabis reported improved appetite and sleep, with no significant side effects.

CONCLUSIONS:

Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted.

Don't conuse us with facts, we can't handle that here.

RESULTS:

CONCLUSIONS:

So it's NOT a cure?? :lol:

I am well aware of the ability of MJ to ease pain and increase well being and that means a lot wrt recovery.

Problem for Seantrel is that he was a habitual user long before he ever had any crohns related pain. It's that "boy who cried wolf" thing. Eventually wgas and why should they?

I'm ALL for the legalization of MJ but the league rules are rules. If none of the other pain riddled NFL players can use then neither can Seantrel.

When the players decide they want to give something back in collective bargaining in exchange for MJ being permitted then it will happen.

That is the holdup. Not legalization. The NBA permits MJ use.

Gotta' bargain for it....not OUR problem any more than it is our problem when players get something in a CBA and it eventually raises the cost of the product for fans.

I am well aware of the ability of MJ to ease pain and increase well being and that means a lot wrt recovery.

Problem for Seantrel is that he was a habitual user long before he ever had any crohns related pain. It's that "boy who cried wolf" thing. Eventually wgas and why should they?

I'm ALL for the legalization of MJ but the league rules are rules. If none of the other pain riddled NFL players can use then neither can Seantrel.

When the players decide they want to give something back in collective bargaining in exchange for MJ being permitted then it will happen.

Gotta' bargain for it....not OUR problem any more than it is our problem when players get something in a CBA and it eventually raises the cost of the product for fans.

Habitual user? or maybe he was a user, like many of us were in our 20's.

The league needs to revisit this drug policy. It's a farce that it's legal in some NFL cities, but you still get suspended for using it. It's not a dangerous or performance enhancing drug.

The league needs to revisit this drug policy. It's a farce that it's legal in some NFL cities, but you still get suspended for using it. It's not a dangerous or performance enhancing drug.

As a CA resident that was pro legalization.....I agree the NFL needs to revisit

THe problem is....right now its not allowed....and Seantrel has to abide by the current NFL rules

I think it sucks

This guy was suspended for substance abuse.....not just caught using or tested positive.....SUSPENDED....three times at the U. Utterly out of control........recreationally.

As for the league needing to do anything........says who? You? :lol:

As I said it's a collective bargaining issue......if the players want it......they know how to get it.

How about the NFLPA offering to extend the current CBA and/or giving back some practice time in return for not testing for MJ?

Not going to happen because apparently most of the players don't care enough to give anything back.

I'm all for NFL players being allowed to use MJ but some of you hound dogs are barking up the wrong tree expecting the shield to give away a chip.

This guy was suspended for substance abuse.....not just caught using or tested positive.....SUSPENDED....three times at the U. Utterly out of control........recreationally.

As for the league needing to do anything........says who? You? :lol:

As I said it's a collective bargaining issue......if the players want it......they know how to get it.

How about the NFLPA offering to extend the current CBA and/or giving back some practice time in return for not testing for MJ?

Not going to happen because apparently most of the players don't care enough to give anything back.

I'm all for NFL players being allowed to use MJ but some of you hound dogs are barking up the wrong tree expecting the shield to give away a chip.

Obviously me, it's my post, my opinion. You get how this whole thing works , don't you?

Obviously me, it's my post, my opinion. You get how this whole thing works , don't you?

The point being that your opinion not only means nothing but your assignment of who is to blame is misdirected. They both are. Their terms are collectively bargained.

The point being that your opinion not only means nothing but your assignment of who is to blame is misdirected. They both are. Their terms are collectively bargained.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but the players and management are 'the league', so yes the league should revisit this. Stop trying to be a smartass and try to just understand what's being discussed.

My father has Crohn's disease. Has for 10 years. I can assure you marijuana isn't the only way to cope with the disease.

but some guy on an internet message board reposted something probably from an internet source proving that it's a Cure because of testing a sample size of 10 people.....

There's a club/place around here here you can legally smoke it if you have a prescription and I love reading the list of all the illnesses weed helps written on their window. Some include cramps and PMS....

Henderson might be one of the only players I actually feel a little for because he does have a serious illness that it can help and he can't use it. Although I'm sure he could have applied/petitioned the league for an exemption if it was necessary. Guys like Karl's though I have no sympathy for, you know the rules, you've broken them before and you keep doing it.obviously you have a problem, and it might be more then just being stupid/getting hit in the head too many times

Are you a Doc... Really Badol cut it out especially when you don't know what you are talking about.

Seantral is a child. He is not a man. Fire him and move on. This is a man's game.

Again, why the hate... common, its a medical condition and we don't know how long he has been fighting it unless one of you is violating HIPPA rules...

Cut the crap... Dude probably does have to make a decision, that doesn't mean he hasn't tried to deal with a debilitating illness and still play...

As shown above, Legit relief come from MJ, just because you guys want to sit on your high horse and judge.

My problem with you two is that insults and hate are uncalled for, unless you have walked a day in his shoes zip it... You call yourselves human beings...

Edited by North Buffalo

Are you a Doc... Really Badol cut it out especially when you don't know what you are talking about.

Again, why the hate... common, its a medical condition and we don't know how long he has been fighting it unless one of you is violating HIPPA rules...

Cut the crap... Dude probably does have to make a decision, that doesn't mean he hasn't tried to deal with a debilitating illness and still play...

My problem with you two is that insults and hate are uncalled for, unless you have walked a day in his shoes zip it... You call yourselves human beings...

ITS NOT HIS MEDICAL CONDITION. He's a knucklehead. Period. But you know what? Believe what you want.

ITS NOT HIS MEDICAL CONDITION. He's a knucklehead. Period. But you know what? Believe what you want.

Oh ok are you a Doc, do you know anyone who has dealt with Crohn's... ?

Get off your high horse unless you know the guy personally... easy to be a chat room hater who knows nothing about medical conditions.

The guy could also be pushing the NFL and setting it up for a lawsuit... I am not going to judge this deal till I know a whole lot more about his medical condition and the severity of it... and his view on MJ and the league policy. You got me on this whole deal.... Again, he could just be a stoner on top of the medical condition, not ruling it out. But there isn't enough information out there and judging him on this with all the vitriol and hate is beyond the pale. You guys are sound too much like Trumpers, judging before you know anything... BS

Rarely agree with BADOL but I do this time - it is their union and if it is not doing the best for the members it is time to dissolve it and form new one.

The NFLPA spends a lot of money defending those who break rules and those players who hurt other players. It has opposed mandatory safety equipment.

The NFLPA's goal is like an agent - attempting to get highest percentage since it is union's best interest not necessarily players.

They could try to hold out on issue but the players who do not have interest in this may not agree with lower percentage for that 'benefit'; same thing for getting "No Fun League" to allow players to act like clowns - all players may not agree with lower percentage for that. They need to prioritize what they want and realize this is a zero sum game and will need to give up something to get something. The NFLPA got a lot of restrictions on preseason and off season work which has caused a decrease in the quality of the game. If they wish less preseason game they will need to agree with more regular games; if they worked with NFL they could get longer schedule with more bye weeks and more recovery time in season but NFLPA is not a partner of NFL despite words.

It is not legal in ANY city - some cities/states will not prosecute but it is still federal crime and drug policy is determined by federal government despite wishes of pro pot advocates.

there are times when you have to separate and distinguish between humanity and football. Crohn's is a very serious disease. Its to the point with this guy where he is going to have to unfortunately choose between football and his health, bc theres no doubt marijuana is an effective treatment for the disease.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/medical-marijuana-achieves-complete-remission-crohns-disease-drug-improves-247783

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/04/15/health/marijuana-medical-advances/index.html?client=safari

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23648372/

He should probably just retire.

Smoking marijuana is simply not the standard of care for this disease. Even though you provide links, they still only state 1 trial including only 11 patients. People want to call it a success, they did not meet their primary end-point of the study (which was inducing remission) was not met. And this was why it was publish in an obscure journal.

There's still years to go before claiming there's a significant clinical benefit, but to say he did it at the urging of his doctor is pure horse ****.

Get off your high horse unless you know the guy personally... easy to be a chat room hater who knows nothing about medical conditions.

I am a physician and have lived with Crohn's since I was 15, including have had a total colectomy. This argument of marijuana being beneficial for Crohn's is anecdotal at best. Frankly, I think he's full of ****.

Smoking marijuana is simply not the standard of care for this disease. Even though you provide links, they still only state 1 trial including only 11 patients. People want to call it a success, they did not meet their primary end-point of the study (which was inducing remission) was not met. And this was why it was publish in an obscure journal.

There's still years to go before claiming there's a significant clinical benefit, but to say he did it at the urging of his doctor is pure horse ****.

I am a physician and have lived with Crohn's since I was 15, including have had a total colectomy. This argument of marijuana being beneficial for Crohn's is anecdotal at best. Frankly, I think he's full of ****.

And that is what I needed, a little more evidence and authority than the haters. I have friends that dealt with Cancer and MJ helped them cope while they went through treatment. So I wasn't going to dismiss it unilaterally because some internet trolls were judging. That being said, if you have, and state that he could deal with another it way, and the rules are what they are, and he has options, then that is on him and the Bills should deal with him accordingly.

Edited by North Buffalo

The guy could also be pushing the NFL and setting it up for a lawsuit... I am not going to judge this deal till I know a whole lot more about his medical condition and the severity of it... and his view on MJ and the league policy. You got me on this whole deal.... Again, he could just be a stoner on top of the medical condition, not ruling it out. But there isn't enough information out there and judging him on this with all the vitriol and hate is beyond the pale. You guys are sound too much like Trumpers, judging before you know anything... BS

He already dropped his last appeal instead of following it through to push the NFL. Ignoring recourse he could pursue while continuing to smoke doesn't really inspire the idea of a well thought out plan

Have you tried it?

And that is what I needed, a little more evidence and authority than the haters. I have friends that dealt with Cancer and MJ helped them cope while they went through treatment. So I wasn't going to dismiss it unilaterally because some internet trolls were judging. That being said, if you have, and state that he could deal with another it way, and the rules are what they are, and he has options, then that is on him and the Bills should deal with him accordingly.

I thinks there's something to the use of marijuana to deal with the pain of cancer. While marijuana is not an analgesic itself, it is anxiolytic, which can help ease the psychological stress of pain. There are some articles out there about THC receptors not only being present in the central nervous system, but also on white blood cells, where they *may* modulate immune function.

But, at this point in time, I just don't see any legitimate gastroenterologist urging their patient to smoke marijuana, especially when they know it's going to lead to an automatic suspension. A good doctor would search for appropriate alternatives. Although different, smoking tobacco can really worsen a patient's Crohn's. While marijuana is not tobacco, the point is smoking marijuana could even be harmful for Crohn's, we just don't know and need much more data before labeling it "beneficial".