Percy Harvin coming back

boco357

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people do realize Sammy isnt coming back right

Is this your hope? You seem overtly excited about making sure we know this so we can share in your joy. I mean you don't have any evidence outside of your flip of a coin guess so it has to be that right?

Meanwhile, they have 3 weeks til he can come off IR, and I am sure they are waiting to see how the season looks at that point before deciding when and if he comes back.

Edited by What a Tuel

Is this your hope? You seem overtly excited about making sure we know this so we can share in your joy. I mean you don't have any evidence outside of your flip of a coin guess so it has to be that right?

Meanwhile, they have 3 weeks til he can come off IR, and I am sure they are waiting to see how the season looks at that point before deciding when and if he comes back.

I wouldn't bother.....

Great news that Percy is coming back. Can't hurt, and could help a lot if he's really feeling healthy right now. Percy is a great player ... past his prime but you have to assume when he comes back he's feeling decent. He's more of a lifetime gamer than anyone we have on the roster other than Shady.

Even Percy Harvin at 85% is better than anyone on the roster, so it's a good move.

Imho, Harvin's talent has rarely been in question. It's his on-field availability and his desire which have been frustrating

Classic case of a dysfuntinal organization. We as fans derserve a much better product...

And we need more electronic devices with spell checkers

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Ok....so, bring in a guy still in his 20's that was our best receiver for a stretch last year catching balls from Tyrod.

And people have a problem with this because?..... He's going to WEAKEN our stable of backup receivers? Come on man, Percy is a baller. If he gets hurt then we're not any worse off than we are now.

Imho, Harvin's talent has rarely been in question. It's his on-field availability and his desire which have been frustrating

And we need more electronic devices with spell checkers[/quote

Oops,typed from my phone. Is that the best you can do? A valid counter point is fine.

I'm not at all excited about this, but I don't totally get the hate that's being thrown around. In our last game, we started Justin Hunter and Walt Powell at WR, with Brandon Tate as the 3rd WR. Woods did wind up playing, but it seemed like he was only available in the case of an injury (which, of course, happened), and didn't look healthy. And that's the full list of active WRs on the Bills last week.

We won't have Sammy Watkins back for at least 3 more weeks, and quite possibly longer. (Even if he comes back, I have no confidence he stays back for very long.) Who knows if/when Goodwin comes back, and even if he does, he's not very good. Tate may miss significant time. Woods might not get back to 100% all season, and even if he does, it probably won't be until after the bye at least. Our only non-WR weapons in the passing game are Clay and McCoy, and both of them are banged up as well. So I think it's fair to say that we need help at pass catcher, and specifically at WR.

Given that, what options are truly better than bringing Harvin back? Maybe trading for Alshon Jeffery, but that's all that comes to mind. (More on that later.) Signing Harvin doesn't preclude the Bills from calling up the Ed Eagans and Dez Lewises of the world, nor does it preclude them from signing some dude off another team's practice squad. If (when?) Harvin flames out, those kind of moves will still be in play. But Harvin has more upside than a Lewis or Eagan type. And, since he was with the team last year, he has more familiarity with the offense than most options would.

I'll go on record as saying I don't expect much impact from Harvin - but I'll be happy if I'm wrong. I think the most likely scenario is that he makes a couple of nice plays, but doesn't do much consistently, and then gets injured at some point, or possibly phased out if Watkins & Woods both get healthy. But even in that scenario, how is that worse than any of the other options available to the Bills? Do people really think there's some star receiver out there waiting to be signed?

Lastly, re: Alshon Jeffery. At the right price, I wouldn't have minded a trade for him, but it's not even close to a guaranteed success. First, he's been very injury-prone the last couple years. Second, he doesn't know our offense at all. Third, it would cost draft picks to get him, and maybe more than he's really worth. (If Chicago made him available, but only for a 1st or 2nd round pick, I don't think that's worth it.) And finally, he's a free agent after the year. If he walks, you might get a comp pick for him (as long as you don't plan to sign any free agents), and that could be good, especially if it's basically the same pick you traded for him. If you sign him, that's a lot of $ tied up in an injury-prone player, and could cause problems with Watkins - I doubt either guy would be happy being the 2nd-highest paid WR on his team. Having said all that, if they traded a 4th or lower for Jeffery, I'd say it's worth the downside, but I get why that might not have been possible.

Ok....so, bring in a guy still in his 20's that was our best receiver for a stretch last year catching balls from Tyrod.

And people have a problem with this because?..... He's going to WEAKEN our stable of backup receivers? Come on man, Percy is a baller. If he gets hurt then we're not any worse off than we are now.

What? It's way more fun to act like a hysterical moron. I mean the Bills did it, so it must be an idiotic move.

Let's see, our QB already has trouble overthrowing WRs...

Whaley: I got an idea,

Rex: Yea, I'm listening

Whaley: Let's bring back 5'10 injury prone who retired early and has been an outcast everywhere he has gone Pery Harvin!

Rex: I tell you what, that's a great idea.....

If he gets hurt? it's not the worst signing in the world, but it's close.

Was Terrell Owens and Plaxico not available?