Percy Harvin coming back

boco357

My thoughts on the retirement thing.

If he had retired for longer then a year.....or a number of years....and it was do to non performance I would not like this too much.

The fact is....Percy was a explosive playmaker last year when he was not hurt......a perfect number 2 guy actually. if he is past his injuries just long enough to get us through the season then maybe that is enough to pick us up a bit.....and if SAMMY comes back and you have Sammy, Percy, and Robert (and frankly...I think this would also help Justin Hunter as well)

Now you are putting quality receivers on the field.....NOW you can get a accurate assessment of Tyrod Taylor before you give him the next segment of that big contract. If his production does not pick up with better receivers.....now you truly get a moment of pause (or maybe he plays better and you figure out it was actually the lack of quality pass catchers)

Exactly.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty Billsy move!

What is the over/under in terms of games for when Percy is injured either through his own doing or one of Tyrod's WR killing high passes?

I say 2.

Games? Lol. How about practices? Seriously doubt he makes it through this week with these killer Bills practices that have claimed so many of our stars already this season. Watkins, Dareus and Shady all hurt in practices so far this year. Let's just add one more. You know it's coming.

The point is that we'll completely out-think ourselves and misuse him like ALL OF OUR WEAPONS.

It's silly for anyone to think we'll be airing it out like crazy now that a post-retirement Harvin is on the team. We've had Goodwin on the team for how many years? We've probably taken what...six shots down field to him? It's a joke, a farce, a shell of a strategy. We typically get players and use them as decoys. We refuse to play to our players' strengths regardless of who is coaching.

It's unbelievable that people on this board can pine for players like Alshon Jeffery and actually assume we would use them correctly. Case in point...we started the NE game and marched all the way downfield and had a 1st and goal from the 6. Did we pound it with our great run game? No. Did we toss it to our tall receiver Justin Hunter or our athletic tight end? No. We out thought ourselves. I don't even know what we did:

• 1-6-NE 6(12:00) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left [54-D.Hightower]. Thrown away under pressure.
  • Timeout #1 by BUF at 11:51.
  • 2-6-NE 6(11:51) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor up the middle to NE 5 for 1 yard (95-C.Long).
  • 3-5-NE 5(11:15) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 22-R.Bush. Overthrown, receiver 2 yds. into end zone.
  • 4-5-NE 5(11:07) 2-D.Carpenter 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.

Again, it's unreal that you guys think someday they'll figure this stuff out.

Thank you for being one of the few voices of reason here. It's amazing how many people here defend this clown franchise when they have shown NOTHING this century to deserve even the slightest benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything football related.

Games? Lol. How about practices? Seriously doubt he makes it through this week with these killer Bills practices that have claimed so many of our stars already this season. Watkins, Dareus and Shady all hurt in practices so far this year. Let's just add one more. You know it's coming.

Thank you for being one of the few voices of reason here. It's amazing how many people here defend this clown franchise when they have shown NOTHING this century to deserve even the slightest benefit of the doubt when it comes to anything football related.

Love your positive attitude. That's the spirit!

And yet, here you are, posting away and calling yourself "Billznut." You are as mentally unstable as the rest of us fools for abuse. Ain't it great?

@buffalobills

Harvin: "It was about me taking time off to heal. Knew the level I wanted to play at and couldn't then. I'm refreshed and I'm ready to go."

CwMzW85WYAAl5tM.jpg

@PrescottRossi

Percy Harvin: I thought I was done... As weeks went by, my body felt good and my mind wandered.

CwMzKtPWAAAw3q4.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

Percy Harvin said he had knee surgery in the offseason. Body started feeling good a few weeks back and he started wondering about playing.

Percy Harvin said the Bills first called him about a week and a half ago to gauge his interest in playing again.

Say what you will be he had great chemistry with Taylor before getting knocked around. And a 60% Harvin is better than any other WR on our roster who's at 100%. Why not...we're clearly in desperation mode.

Same ole Bills...7-9 season and a new coach every 2-3 years, here we come!!

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Anyone upset by this is beyond hope.

Seriously...Agreed.

Kick the tires... what's not to like? and no downside if he fails other than a Mil or 2

There are fans here and there are critics. They are not always mutually exclusive.