You want to protest Kap? HEre is how you do it logically

Stadiums are allowed to play music between plays up to a certain point on the play clock (NE absolutely blasts the music when on D), what if they played the Anthem during that time. He would have to take a knee, then rush to the line for the snap. That may just work...

As long as everyone stands and puts their hand over their hearts each time they play it.

Plus, id imagine it would be disrespectful to start playing it but not finish, so unless they have enough time to play the whole thing, might not be such a great idea.

Or, i have a novel idea. Everyone could go and just watch a football game, instead of trying to protest his protest.

Of course, we all know that everyone on here commenting is of such high and esteemed morale ground, to judge another mans values.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He will get boo'd big time. It's a fact, it's going to happen. Then the soap boxers here will have a week to post about how embarrassed they are...BAU...

I have zero issue with what he's doing, just commenting on the notion that today's culture can't ignore this.

He will get boo'd big time. It's a fact, it's going to happen. Then the soap boxers here will have a week to post about how embarrassed they are...BAU...

Free speech. Kaepernick has a right to kneel for the anthem, people have a right to boo him.

Free speech. Kaepernick has a right to kneel for the anthem, people have a right to boo him.

Absolutely. He'll get boo'd the same way Tommy boy will be boo'd. It's really no story, but it's fun to get some "moral highroad" comments off of lame jokes...

Absolutely. He'll get boo'd the same way Tommy boy will be boo'd. It's really no story, but it's fun to get some "moral highroad" comments off of lame jokes...

No, Kaep will get booed because people disagree with him. Tahmmy Boy gets booed because he's a cheating !@#$. It's an entirely different kind of booing altogether.

I'm up for whatever the heck makes him uncomfortable or less focused on the game. Is he afraid of spiders? Let's release 1000 spiders onto the field. I could care less about his political anything. He's a vegan now, I plan on "protesting" him by eating some sausage and peppers and a crapload of wings. Of course I will be doing it from home so no one will notice, but I'll chalk it up as a sweet burn.

Edited by ndirish1978

Don't boo him. Ignore him! Get silent and turn your back whenever his name is mentioned or said over the loud speaker.

The Chinese do that each time the Japanese national teams are introduced in China. They just turn their backs and remain deathly silent. And the Chinese have more of an ax to grind with the Japanese (Rape of Nanking, launching two aggressive wars against China in forty years that cost the lives of almost 40 million Chinese people) and any of you have with Kap.

So, if you want to protest him at the game for daring you speak is mind (whatever the reason), just remain silent. It's that simple. Any protest gives his cause more press. Remaining silent, or just ignoring him completely, does nothing but show what he is doing means nothing.

I'm truly apolitical, but I think bouncing a whiskey bottle off his head would be more effective.

I'm up for whatever the heck makes him uncomfortable or less focused on the game. Is he afraid of spiders? Let's release 1000 spiders onto the field. I could care less about his political anything. He's a vegan now, I plan on "protesting" him by eating some sausage and peppers and a crapload of wings. Of course I will be doing it from home so no one will notice, but I'll chalk it up as a sweet burn.

I hope the D-line sings the national anthem when they're lined up. Then uses the excuse "We were just trying to get Kaepernick to down the ball."

Don't boo him. Ignore him! Get silent and turn your back whenever his name is mentioned or said over the loud speaker.

The Chinese do that each time the Japanese national teams are introduced in China. They just turn their backs and remain deathly silent. And the Chinese have more of an ax to grind with the Japanese (Rape of Nanking, launching two aggressive wars against China in forty years that cost the lives of almost 40 million Chinese people) and any of you have with Kap.

So, if you want to protest him at the game for daring you speak is mind (whatever the reason), just remain silent. It's that simple. Any protest gives his cause more press. Remaining silent, or just ignoring him completely, does nothing but show what he is doing means nothing.

Great idea, let's take all the energy out of the stadium and just be quiet. Sorry, but this isn't China, and it's a pretty ridiculous thought. Sure it may work there, but this is American football and there is such thing as a home field advantage where fans scream their head off while the opposing team has the ball to disrupt their focus and communication, not to mention pumping the defense up at the same time.

People keep questioning Kaeps method of protest, but it is working. Look at the responses for this thread alone. Maybe more people are debating his style of protest than the issue at hand, but it has created discussion at an amazing level.

Isn't football and all sports supposed to be an escape from the reality of our every day lives?

Let's worry more about getting the win. We have our best shot at the playoffs in quite some time. Kaep scares me because he has a lot to prove to save his career. He may have the game of his life.

Do what it takes to disrupt him, but him on his backside every chance we get. Just win baby!!!!!!!

I think a great way to show your disagreement with his taking a knee is to sing the Anthem as loud as you can! 75K people singing that anthem loud and proud would surely get his attention. Then when he and the O take the field, boo, scream and cheer as loud as you can just like Bills fan do when any other team is in our home! Simple.

I want Lee Greenwood singing "God Bless the USA" before the game in a salute to men and women in uniform.

During the game I want to replace the train whistle with the national anthem so he has to take a knee on 3rd down.

Who care's about politics in football...This stadium could be a Trump rally for all I care if we get the win.

Generally agree with the last statement . But I think I would draw the line at a Trump rally.

As long as everyone stands and puts their hand over their hearts each time they play it.

Plus, id imagine it would be disrespectful to start playing it but not finish, so unless they have enough time to play the whole thing, might not be such a great idea.

Or, i have a novel idea. Everyone could go and just watch a football game, instead of trying to protest his protest.

Of course, we all know that everyone on here commenting is of such high and esteemed morale ground, to judge another mans values.

At the risk of sounding like a 3 year old, he started it by judging the values of those charged with protecting and serving us based on anecdotal evidence.

What happens if he wants to protest the protest about his protest?

14789132.jpg

No Kaepernick's protest is based on an opinion, and anecdotal evidence. There is no statistical evidence out there that portrays the picture Kaepernick is painting. Let alone it being an epidemic. Washington Post started collecting the data themselves. We are talking about 260 people a year (even then it is unclear whether it was unjustified or not) out of hundreds of millions of police encounters. And the hundreds of millions of encounters is probably lowballing it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

Edited by What a Tuel

People keep questioning Kaeps method of protest, but it is working. Look at the responses for this thread alone. Maybe more people are debating his style of protest than the issue at hand, but it has created discussion at an amazing level.

Isn't football and all sports supposed to be an escape from the reality of our every day lives?

Let's worry more about getting the win. We have our best shot at the playoffs in quite some time. Kaep scares me because he has a lot to prove to save his career. He may have the game of his life.

Do what it takes to disrupt him, but him on his backside every chance we get. Just win baby!!!!!!!

only an absolute positively truly incapacitated idiot would believe anything he is doing is worthwhile to his supposed cause which is a bigger sham than anything

No Kaepernick's protest is based on an opinion, and anecdotal evidence. There is no statistical evidence out there that portrays the picture Kaepernick is painting. Let alone it being an epidemic. Washington Post started collecting the data themselves. We are talking about 260 people a year out of hundreds of millions of police encounters. And the hundreds of millions of encounters is probably lowballing it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

I looked at those stats and noted a disproportionate number of blacks being shot. But that's a red herring in this argument anyway.

Here's a much more thorough graphical comparison within the judicial system - proof that the issue is endemic to the way our society treats minorities. Anyone can opine and hate on someone for espousing views different from their own but to say his stance is stupid because he's an "uninformed" or "vegan" is far more childish in my view.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/08/racial_disparities_in_the_criminal_justice_system_eight_charts_illustrating.html

Edited by Lothar, Today, 01:47 PM.

Edited by Lothar

I looked at those stats and noted a disproportionate number of blacks being shot. But that's a red herring in this argument anyway.

Here's a much more thorough graphical comparison within the judicial system - proof that the issue is endemic to the way our society treats minorities. Anyone can opine and hate on someone for espousing views different from their own but to say his stance is because he's an "uninformed" or "vegan" is far more childish in my view.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/08/racial_disparities_in_the_criminal_justice_system_eight_charts_illustrating.html

Edited by Lothar, Today, 01:47 PM.

Criminal problems with particular races can be broken down into a number of various reasons. Unless you say police are framing them, whether or not white people get caught too is irrelevant.

However the crux of Kaepernicks argument is that "police are getting paid leave for murdering black people"

Criminal problems with particular races can be broken down into a number of various reasons. Unless you say police are framing them, whether or not white people get caught too is irrelevant.

However the crux of Kaepernicks argument is that "police are getting paid leave for murdering black people"

I'm not going to argue with your opinion about his opinion. But taking the rest of what he said is important. It is not a sham argument. You may disagree with it. But it is worth discussion, which is what I believe his intent was.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said of his decision not to stand, the start of a protest that the quarterback said yesterday will continue until "there's significant change, and I feel like that flag represents what it's supposed to represent and this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand."

And that will be it for my non-football discussion on this board.

Edited by Lothar

I'm not going to argue with your opinion about his opinion. But taking the rest of what he said is important. It is not a sham argument. You may disagree with it. But it is worth discussion, which is what I believe his intent was.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said of his decision not to stand, the start of a protest that the quarterback said yesterday will continue until "there's significant change, and I feel like that flag represents what it's supposed to represent and this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand."

And that will be it for my non-football discussion on this board.

You conveniently left out this:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."