Time to see what Cardale can do?

CSBill

You answered your own question htere

THe bills OFFENSE is ranked 30th.....what do you think that TT's numbers would be if the offense as a whole was playing better?

THink about it for a minute

You can't let Tyrod off the hook here. One big reason why the offense is ranked 30th is because of his poor play.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If and when the Bill's chances of a winning season are clearly gone, I would like to see Cardale move to #2. The only reason I see to have EJ as #2 is because he is the most likely after TT to give us a chance at a winning season this year if TT is injured. I see no future here after this year for EJ. EJ is what he is, nothing left for him to show us.

If the season is toast, I would like Cardale to get as much practice time as possible with the 1's to further his development and give the team a better chance to find out what they have in him (without throwing Cardale to the wolves as #1 too soon before he is ready). If the season is toast. EJ loses all importance for the year and the future. A number 3 QB gets minimal time with the 1's and with the coaches. Make Cardale #2 and give him the greater time and the attention a 2 gets. If the season is toast, give him the opportunity to learn and develop as the #2, there is nothing to loose and everything to gain.

You can't let Tyrod off the hook here. One big reason why the offense is ranked 30th is because of his poor play.

Im not....he is playing poorly....he is a part of the 30th ranking

but he is not the ONLY reason

If and when the Bill's chances of a winning season are clearly gone, I would like to see Cardale move to #2. The only reason I see to have EJ as #2 is because he is the most likely after TT to give us a chance at a winning season this year if TT is injured. I see no future here after this year for EJ. EJ is what he is, nothing left for him to show us.

If the season is toast, I would like Cardale to get as much practice time as possible with the 1's to further his development and give the team a better chance to find out what they have in him (without throwing Cardale to the wolves as #1 too soon before he is ready). If the season is toast. EJ loses all importance for the year and the future. A number 3 QB gets minimal time with the 1's and with the coaches. Make Cardale #2 and give him the greater time and the attention a 2 gets. If the season is toast, give him the opportunity to learn and develop as the #2, there is nothing to loose and everything to gain.

If the season gets out of reach I agree with all of this......there is no reason for EJ Manuel to be the 2 if the season gets away from us....he is GONE after this year

No

Throwing a rookie project QB who is not NFL ready into the game to "see what he's got" is like throwing a handful of raw salmon chunks on top of a green salad to "see if it's any good". It might have been delicious and nutritious, if only it had been marinated in ceviche sauce for a proper duration, or grilled, or baked, or poached. But instead, it's just raw and yucky. And now that it's covered with dressing and salad bits, you can try to pull it off and remedy the mistake by cooking or marination, but it will never quite reach the same potential heights as if you'd done it right from the start.

It is possible that EJ Manuel would not be our starting QB even if he had been properly developed with a QB coach his rookie season and a chance to sit behind an established vet and learn how to step up and take care of business in the NFL. But the probability would have increased quite a bit over what actually happened.

Let's not stage "How to Mishandle a Project Rookie Act II", all right?

That's very true, but his job would be so much easier if we could run the ball. That really confuses me.....what the heck happened to the run game? It's all one big mess! I'm watching DeShone Kizer now knowing we'll win just enough to be out of range for him.... :(

I don't think Tyrod has played well at all this year. That said, I don't feel much differently about being ranked 30 Th in Offense after week two than I would about being in the top 3. If the Bills are 30th after week 8? That's a big problem.

That's very true, but his job would be so much easier if we could run the ball. That really confuses me.....what the heck happened to the run game? It's all one big mess! I'm watching DeShone Kizer now knowing we'll win just enough to be out of range for him.... :(

Early returns look like crappy blocking, Shady trying to bounce everything outside for a home- run instead of taking 4 yards up the middle, lack of long drives/ first downs to give more opportunities to get a better run/ pass mix. Don't underestimate the tough yards inside that Karlos Williams was getting last year. That is one thing missing completely from this ground attack.

Throw a young, inexperienced QB to the wolves and more than likely you destroy his confidence and he starts hearing, seeing phantom sackers coming from everywhere! If the kid does have some actual talent to make the eventual jump to an NFL starting QB. I'd sure hate to see it wasted over nothing.

Let Tyrod play and he either sinks or swims this season and if it all goes south put in EJ to see if he can sink or swim as he now has had time to learn under a decent OC. If both those players are injured and can't play is the only reason I'd start Jones.

Something tells me the future franchise QB isn't on the roster just yet.

Did you read the part in parenthesis?

Toss the All Pro cuz given the last 16 years we know the next QB will be a Hall of Famer.

You answered your own question htere

THe bills OFFENSE is ranked 30th.....what do you think that TT's numbers would be if the offense as a whole was playing better?

THink about it for a minute

Where is the outrage against the offensive line? INcognito, Woods, et all.

Throw a young, inexperienced QB to the wolves and more than likely you destroy his confidence and he starts hearing, seeing phantom sackers coming from everywhere! If the kid does have some actual talent to make the eventual jump to an NFL starting QB. I'd sure hate to see it wasted over nothing.

Let Tyrod play and he either sinks or swims this season and if it all goes south put in EJ to see if he can sink or swim as he now has had time to learn under a decent OC. If both those players are injured and can't play is the only reason I'd start Jones.

He has sunk proably to the bottom of the ocean by no.w. #NoMoreShotsForEJHeHasHadEnough Edited by jms62

No

Throwing a rookie project QB who is not NFL ready into the game to "see what he's got" is like throwing a handful of raw salmon chunks on top of a green salad to "see if it's any good". It might have been delicious and nutritious, if only it had been marinated in ceviche sauce for a proper duration, or grilled, or baked, or poached. But instead, it's just raw and yucky. And now that it's covered with dressing and salad bits, you can try to pull it off and remedy the mistake by cooking or marination, but it will never quite reach the same potential heights as if you'd done it right from the start.

It is possible that EJ Manuel would not be our starting QB even if he had been properly developed with a QB coach his rookie season and a chance to sit behind an established vet and learn how to step up and take care of business in the NFL. But the probability would have increased quite a bit over what actually happened.

:mellow:

Should the Bills offence look like it has looked, and the even worse Defense continues to show it can't carry the team either ...... Provided he is fully healthy, is it time to throw Cardale Jones out there for the rest of the season to see what the Bills have in him (after 0-5, 0-6) ?????

Reasoning: If the record is going to put us in the top five of the draft, there will be tremendous pressure to draft a QB higher than unidentified QB should be drafted. If Cardale proves capable, it would take that pressure off.

Thoughts?

sweet, 1st overall pick for sure. :thumbsup:

Theres no reason to. Give Tyrod all season to play. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether to cut him this offseason or not. Huge money is at stake next year for him and so far, hes flatlined. We dont need a 25 million dollar placeholder while we look for another QB.

This. Plus if you really want Cardale to be the answer you dont play him until hes ready so he dont get his confidence shot like EJs. I cant believe people are even entertaining this idea. It makes no sense really. We all know Rex is gonna get canned this season, maybe even halfway through. Man if we get Tom Coughy I would flip out and super kick the 1st crossing guard I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xOcKKz_iIM

Karlos Williams is missing. Not this year's Karlos either. We miss last year's Karlos Williams.

If they think that there is any chance that Jones could develop into a good NFL QB, then they should not play him this year.- he isn't ready and that could destroy his confidence.

^^^^^^^

This

I'm glad we got Jones. But I don't want him anywhere near the field this year. He's under contract. He's not going anywhere.

We've thrown a lot of QBs out there to see what they can do (Trent, JP, EJ) and the common denominator is they all failed.

Leave Jones on the pine to learn. He can get some practice by running the scout team.

If we want Jones to succeed, don't rush him IMHO

But then dump Tyrod at years end? Or pay him $27 million next year?

Thats the options based on his current contract (although Im not real familiar with what he needs to hit as far as incentives).

I say play Tyrod all year no matter the record. If he gets hurt, then you have to decide on EJ or Jones.

If Tyrod continues on his current path, I cant see paying him elite money next year. If he shows promise, we pay him the big money his contract warrents and head into next year with our QBs as Tyrod, Jones, and ???

Agree.

No

Look, If I thought Cardale was "Raw Salmon", I would not be out here stumping for him.... I see your point though... It works ONLY if you have zero belief in this kid's ability...

Try tossing a few cubes of seared ahi tuna on top of that same salad, sprinkled with some diced Tarragon and lemon juice... THEN spend the next few weeks trying to get your girlfriend to shut up about it... You see, she didn't know how good it was until she tried it...I think the same principle applies to jersey #7... Give him a chance... Might leave a better taste in your mouth than you expected.

Edited by #34fan

Why not just play EJ and let Cardale keep working.

At this juncture, right now as it sits, I don't not think the Bills are going to give TT the $$$. He would need to be so good over the remaining 14 games for them to even consider it IMO. Him being the elite of the elite isn't going to come close to happening so if they go 0-4 why not a new direction.

For 20+ mil. I would think he has to be probowl caliber or has to lead us to the playoffs.

Look, If I thought Cardale was "Raw Salmon", I would not be out here stumping for him.... I see your point though... It works ONLY if you have zero belief in this kid's ability...

Try tossing a few cubes of seared ahi tuna on top of that same salad, sprinkled with some diced Tarragon and lemon juice... THEN spend the next few weeks trying to get your girlfriend to shut up about it... You see, she didn't know how good it was until she tried it...I think the same principle applies to jersey #7... Give him a chance... Might leave a better taste in your mouth than you expected.

Be careful with the tarragon, a little bit goes a long way. You don't want too much tarragon on your QB.

Decide on EJ like that ship hasnt already sailed and is scheduled to shortly dock at its destination. While we are tossing our all pro QB to the trash heap after 2 games why not are we not giving the same "love" to Richie Incognito. We paid the guy and our running game has been trash through 2 weeks and our pass blocking week 1 was atrocious. It approved week 2 and oh my Tyrod throws 3 long TD's and puts up 297 yds passin and 24 points. But Tyrod haters dismiss this cause they werent 90 yd drives but quick strikes...

You do realize Incognito is our best line man right? By a country mile. Easy on the all pro QB he made the ProBowl as an alternate. From an offense where your ALL PRO qb was not able to win 1 game while throwing 30 or more passes. Face it he is limited. He was babies along last year and when we opened up the play book to him. You get this performance. Let's see what happens against 2 good teams. I dont care about the defense stinking I dont care about no Watkins let's see if he looks like HE belongs on the field with the Cards and Pats. Let's see if he rallies the troops. Let's see if he puts this team on his back.

Good sir, I see that you are a fantasy football fan. Because, stats are about as deceiving as can be. Those yards and points were achieved from broken plays, long bombs and garbage time. Those are beautiful things, but the Bills need TOP and that was where they were doubled-up on by the Jets. The intermediate and OVER THE MIDDLE throws were MIA. Tyrod is a great guy, a superior athlete and can get the job done with his legs and mobility. However, he looked severely regressed as a QB and that's what the NFL needs in this day and age.

Exactly this... has he ever led a sustained drive that resulted in a score? I honestly don't remember an extended drive where we picked up multiple first downs down the field... unlike the ALL PRO qbs who do it everyday. And in a passing league. What is 300 yards?

People want to make Jones the next whipping boy. Didnt we learn from EJ that you take someone with some sort of potential and throw him into disfunction he is not gonna be productive or improve. We aren't evaluating EJ we are preserving Jones. If Tyrod sucks and is released next year. We can move Jones to 1 and sign EJ to back him up if there is no draftable qbs. Or we can sign someone. But my main point is there is NO WAY Cardale should play this year

Be careful with the tarragon, a little bit goes a long way. You don't want too much tarragon on your QB.

Oh quit yer trolling!

Everyone knows I meant TOSS the seared tuna cubes in a bowl with HALF a teaspoon of sea salt, a PINCH of diced Tarragon, a tablespoon of Olive oil, and a dash of lemon juice... Do that BEFORE you drop them in the salad... My cubes are fairly thick, so I do a 15-second sear on all four sides.... If your QB doesn't come out savory and delicious, -It's because Dave Lee sucks at his job...

Why not just play EJ and let Cardale keep working.

For 20+ mil. I would think he has to be probowl caliber or has to lead us to the playoffs.

Thats why hes gotta play the whole season. We are already in un-intentional tank mode due to injuries and a missing running game that has its picture on a milk box. I wonder if TT steps back up, plays decent, improves a little from last year, and the Bills ask him to sign a lower $$$ contract as a bridge QB until Cardale or a new 1st round rookie QB develops, would TT re-sign for average vet QB $$

People want to make Jones the next whipping boy. Didnt we learn from EJ that you take someone with some sort of potential and throw him into disfunction he is not gonna be productive or improve.

Wait, are you saying EJ would be a good QB if he had just ridden the pine for a year or two? There is absolutely zero evidence to support such a theory. EJ lacks the basic skills to be a top-flight QB and has demonstrated that repeatedly. Having served as Kevin Kolb's understudy for a year would not have changed that.

The irrational, short-sided and bipolar nature of some of you is worrisome. Im convinced that some of you should not be allowed to vote.

Churchill once said: "the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter." http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/winstonchu105424.html

Edited by maddenboy

Wait, are you saying EJ would be a good QB if he had just ridden the pine for a year or two? There is absolutely zero evidence to support such a theory. EJ lacks the basic skills to be a top-flight QB and has demonstrated that repeatedly. Having served as Kevin Kolb's understudy for a year would not have changed that.

We actually do not know that....but that is water under the bridge

I miss the days before the Internet when I was blind to how many idiots masquerade as Bills fans. Tyrod Taylor made the Pro Bowl last year and after 2 games you are willing to cast him off in favor of a QB who never played in a regular season game and only played vs backups in pre season. I understand someone will counter with Taylor was a Pro Bowl Alternate. Nevertheless he is the first Bills QB to be selected to the Pro Bowl this century. You would think he would be given more than 2 games.

Thank you.

There is absolutely zero evidence of the inverse either. I stated he would have been better had he not been drafted into a dysfunctional system where a developmental project wasnt allowed to be a project.

Further more the whole Kevin Kolb's debacle proved my point that this was disfunction. Most good QBS learn from OTHER GOOD qbs. We had none, may as well have kept Fitz. He had a whole bunch of mental acumen but his body was limited.

Edited by Agent 91

Maybe we just need a coach that can suit the offense to Hotrod's skills and limitations? Sort of like Mike McCoy did for Tebow. Or like what Derek Bevell did for Russell Wilson in his rookie year.

BAM! You may have nailed it red dawg If they dont want to give him the big check I hope we can work something out and keep TT as the bridge until someone else earns the spot because hes the best option we have rite now. And I support him, plays exciting has a great attitude.

Edited by Marty McFly