Is Green Bay Exploding this Morning?

I liked the play call. Still lots of time on the clock, and it was a chance to catch the D off guard. Although I would have run it under center and not the shotgun and had the QB sneak. Maximize the benefit of an "off-guard" D.

At any rate, Rodgers had a bad game by Rodgers standards. And the Minn D is the real-deal.

The rematch should be a great game.

Actually, that coverage surprises me. There appears to be little criticism of McCarthy for the decision to go for it and not kick a FG. I guess that's the benefit-of-the-doubt years of success will earn a guy.

Oh, yeah, and while we're at it, WTF was with Rodgers and fumbles? Has this been a problem for him all along? Did a LB stomp on his hand or something or did the Vikes see habits they could target on film?

Maybe he needs gloves. But that's Exhibit A of why I think it's a problem when a QB fumbles a lot, even if it's recovered. Keep fumbling, and sooner or later your luck in recovery runs out.

I liked the play call. Still lots of time on the clock, and it was a chance to catch the D off guard. Although I would have run it under center and not the shotgun and had the QB sneak. Maximize the benefit of an "off-guard" D.

At any rate, Rodgers had a bad game by Rodgers standards. And the Minn D is the real-deal.

I was surprised by how good Bradford looked, overall. But if they've lost AP for any appreciable time, the Vikes OL better make an all-out effort to keep Bradford cleaner or they won't keep him long under center. Trade, scour the scrap heap, extra film, whatever.

I was surprised by how good Bradford looked, overall. But if they've lost AP for any appreciable time, the Vikes OL better make an all-out effort to keep Bradford cleaner or they won't keep him long under center. Trade, scour the scrap heap, extra film, whatever.

That is what was the real surprise to me. I have never been a Bradford fan but his play yesterday, after having been in the system for just 2 weeks was very very good. I will be interested to see how he does if he remains injury free all season.

If you are going to go for it on 4th and 2 there, let Aaron Rodgers throw the ball.

I tell you what, Rogers did not look good last night. 20/36, 1:1 TD:INT, 3 fumbles, sacked 5 times. Can't tell much from TV - maybe it was coverage. Or maybe it was uncalled tripping and tackling of his WRs, though they called enough. Or maybe his OL needs to give up their Settlers of Cataan sessions in favor of extra work.

Be that as it may, until they sort it out I'm not sure I would have given the ball to Rodgers.

Lacy still looks slow and fat to me or I'd say, give it to Lacy. Give it to 2014 Lacy LOL!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

That is what was the real surprise to me. I have never been a Bradford fan but his play yesterday, after having been in the system for just 2 weeks was very very good. I will be interested to see how he does if he remains injury free all season.

In 2013, he looked like he finally got his sh** together in his fourth season, before going out for 23 games. He looked good with the Eagles last year and played 14 games, I was kind of surprised they moved on from him.

Its the "if he remains injury free" that's the big question.

The Packers picked up just 263 yards of total offense in the game, while Aaron Rodgers was 29/36 for 213 yards, two scores (one rushing) and a killer interception late in the game. He also fumbled three times, losing one.

They're mad about that? That's a banner day for Tyrod Taylor. :lol:

What's even funnier is hearing Redskins fans complain about Cousins 364 yards passing.

If you saw the game you'd complain too. Actually, they're not complaining about the yardage but about the misses to wide open receivers and the late, strange pick. Redskins were almost lucky as Garrett made a really boneheaded decision to go for an early, unnecessary onside kick, which Dallas turned into the winning points. BTW, how did Dak slip to the 4th round? Romo may not get his job back when healthy.

If you saw the game you'd complain too. Actually, they're not complaining about the yardage but about the misses to wide open receivers and the late, strange pick. Redskins were almost lucky as Garrett made a really boneheaded decision to go for an early, unnecessary onside kick, which Dallas turned into the winning points. BTW, how did Dak slip to the 4th round? Romo may not get his job back when healthy.

I did see that game, that loss was on Gruden,and the skins D coordinator far more than Cousins.

As an aside,can you imagine a Bills QB throwing for that many yards. Lol

Must be tough being a Packers fan..

Not tough, but I do almost have a little sympathy for them. They are stuck with a crap coach who hasn't been able to fully utilize all the talent on the roster aside from the Super Bowl season. Sounds a little like what some think is happening here. There is no way this team shouldn't be better. They have failed to reach their potential the last several years. Aaron Rodgers is their QB for crying out loud They have far more talent then us, although I know plenty of posters who would disagree. They should have gone a lot father than they have in recent seasons. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

How often does this really happen?

Not tough, but I do almost have a little sympathy for them. They are stuck with a crap coach who hasn't been able to fully utilize all the talent on the roster aside from the Super Bowl season. Sounds a little like what some think is happening here. There is no way this team shouldn't be better. They have failed to reach their potential the last several years. Aaron Rodgers is their QB for crying out loud They have far more talent then us, although I know plenty of posters who would disagree. They should have gone a lot father than they have in recent seasons.

I'll take their suffering over ours <_<

I just happened to hear Colin Cowherd on the radio yesterday morning (I hate Cowherd), but he brought up an interesting stat...Aaron Rogers has not had a game with a QB rating over 100 since week 6 of last season. That is a long streak (12 games) for a QB of his caliber.

I remember late last season, a buddy of mine, a die-hard Packers fan, after a loss said that he thought "Rogers has lost it. I don't think he is going to be the same QB he was before". I thought he was joking, or at least being over dramatic. Of course, being a Bills fan, my immediate reaction was "I will trade you any player, pair or trio on the Bills roster" for him...and while I would still make that deal, I wonder if he was on to something...rumors of Mike McCarthy starting to get frustrated with him for not making the plays that are there to be made...not saying the Packers or Rodgers are not an upper tier team, still....but it is interesting. Packers fans must appreciate Jordy Nelson all the more...

I just happened to hear Colin Cowherd on the radio yesterday morning (I hate Cowherd), but he brought up an interesting stat...Aaron Rogers has not had a game with a QB rating over 100 since week 6 of last season. That is a long streak (12 games) for a QB of his caliber.

I remember late last season, a buddy of mine, a die-hard Packers fan, after a loss said that he thought "Rogers has lost it. I don't think he is going to be the same QB he was before". I thought he was joking, or at least being over dramatic. Of course, being a Bills fan, my immediate reaction was "I will trade you any player, pair or trio on the Bills roster" for him...and while I would still make that deal, I wonder if he was on to something...rumors of Mike McCarthy starting to get frustrated with him for not making the plays that are there to be made...not saying the Packers or Rodgers are not an upper tier team, still....but it is interesting. Packers fans must appreciate Jordy Nelson all the more...

Hm, indeed.

Hm, indeed.

Just looking...prior to week 6 of last season, QB ratings of 100+ were more the norm for Rodgers than games below...by my count, in the 109 games he started before, with a QB rating of 100+ in 71 of them...and he had few that were much below that mark, especially in 2012-2014 period. It may say more about the Packers offense than it does about Rodgers....

Just looking...prior to week 6 of last season, QB ratings of 100+ were more the norm for Rodgers than games below...by my count, in the 109 games he started before, with a QB rating of 100+ in 71 of them...and he had few that were much below that mark, especially in 2012-2014 period. It may say more about the Packers offense than it does about Rodgers....

Well he seems to be on a normal career trajectory unlike the HGH-marinated wonder in NE.

I think its funny how the Pack's coach is an idiot and Del Rio is a genius for going for it going for 2 when down by 1

I know your being sarcastic, but I think McCarthy is pretty underrated. And, I may be wrong, but didn't Del Rio's gambling ways come back to bite him in the ass in week 2 against the Falcons?

I think its funny how the Pack's coach is an idiot and Del Rio is a genius for going for it going for 2 when down by 1

Interestingly, I can't find anything where McCarthy is taking flack for going for it rather than FG when down by 3. I guess a winning history gives ya a lot of cred, even if it doesn't help ya right here, right now.

I know not having any idea what to do with nooses, torches, etc must be frustrating.

I saw Youtube vid of a Packers lynch mob forming. Two fans lit their hair on fire with the torches. The guys with the pitchforks tried to use the hair fires to roast weenies. Some pitch got spilled and the gov't had to call in the World Wildlife Foundation spill crew to remediate dozens of fans, who objected to treatment like oil-slicked pelicans. The guy with the noose got distracted by a leather-clad biker chick and went off to the No Tell Motel with one of "those" magazines - hey, it's Green Bay, what else is there to do 8 months of the year when you're not watching football?

It was a sad display, I tell ya, terrible.

Well he seems to be on a normal career trajectory unlike the HGH-marinated wonder in NE.

Aaron Rodgers is 32 years old, by QB standards there's no way he should be hitting the wall. That's why I'm not ready to blame age for his struggles. Kelly was leading us to our third Super Bowl at 32. Sure that proverbial wall came shortly after, but not at 32. Kelly's stats were decling, but he was still a big time player. Move on to more recent times, and you'll see 32 is nothing for a QB. Manning was in his prime at 32. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Aaron Rodgers is 32 years old, by QB standards there's no way he should be hitting the wall. That's why I'm not ready to blame age for his struggles. Kelly was leading us to our third Super Bowl at 32. Sure that proverbial wall came shortly after, but not at 32. Kelly's stats were decling, but he was still a big time player. Move on to more recent times, and you'll see 32 is nothing for a QB. Manning was in his prime at 32.

Kelly also took a LOT of hits, and back in the age where players 'got their bell rung' and went back to the huddle. No concussion protocol for him.

Rodgers is freakin' teflon and has spent his career making guys miss and sliding or scampering out of bounds.

I don't follow the Pack closely enough to know what's up with them last year and this, but I will say their run D seemed paltry and their offense from what I've seen, requires a lot of their OL to buy time for plays to develop downfield.

How does this thread not have this link yet? One of the best Twitter accounts going.

https://twitter.com/JSComments

I enjoyed that. Thanks. Even though much of is meant for humor, I do tend to agree that any other coach and GM would have won another Super Bowl with Rodgers. During the Packs Super Bowl run we saw a guy who looked like the most talented QB to ever step onto the field. It wasn't just promised talent in the form of potential either. It was talent that we were actually seeing be put to use. When you look at a guy like Manning who strung together almost 17 straight great seasons minus the injury, that's what you would expect from Rodgers. Instead we are seeing the guy put up quite average numbers. He also has an unusual amount of very poor games compared to other elite QBs. It's hard not to believe that the coach and GM are really failing that franchise. Rodgers is a once in a lifetime talent, and something seems amiss.

"Rodgers is averaging 5.9 yards per attempt, about right in line with Blaine Gabbert (5.8) and Case Keenum (5.7)"

I don't know what the problem is with Rodgers but I have a bit of a theory. It's a possibility worth entertaining that he's gotten so used to those broken plays and slices of mindblowing magnificence that he's fallen out of rhythm with the offense and his own game. He was so lax with the ball in the pocket on Sunday. It's almost like a fireman setting fires to get acclaim for putting them out.

He's been an incredibly efficient guy but one game of above 65% completion since Week 4 of last year. Only once above 60% in his last 7 regular season and playoff games.

"Rodgers is averaging 5.9 yards per attempt, about right in line with Blaine Gabbert (5.8) and Case Keenum (5.7)"

I don't know what the problem is with Rodgers but I have a bit of a theory. It's a possibility worth entertaining that he's gotten so used to those broken plays and slices of mindblowing magnificence that he's fallen out of rhythm with the offense and his own game. He was so lax with the ball in the pocket on Sunday. It's almost like a fireman setting fires to get acclaim for putting them out.

He's been an incredibly efficient guy but one game of above 65% completion since Week 4 of last year. Only once above 60% in his last 7 regular season and playoff games.

OMG lax in the pocket - he freaking had diarrhea of the throwing hand! Somebody get the Imodium. He could easily have had 2 more turnovers than he had.