How is Watkins?

gjv001

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty clear: it's a pain tolerance issue. It's also worth noting: just because he cannot make it worse by playing, that doesn't mean it can't get better with rest.

Unfortunately by rest it probably means the entire season cause this has the makings of something that will be nagging all year even if he were to sit out a few games.

it didnt bother anyone when we traded away a former receiver that was just a deep threat one trick pony like watkins who was starting to get injured alot in his 8th year. We had the same record without him that we had every year 6-10. If Watkins cant play at all maybe we can get a 4rth for him from baltimore like we got for evans.

Then we can spend 6 draft picks trying to replace his speed over the next 3 years (ie tj graham, robert woods, goodwin, and 3 picks for sammy)

Edited by re enlightener

I think it's pretty clear: it's a pain tolerance issue. It's also worth noting: just because he cannot make it worse by playing, that doesn't mean it can't get better with rest.

I heard an interview with Watkins last Monday where he said the foot isn't an issue and while its not 100% he felt he was able to do a lot more than he even thought he would. It held up well. The problem came when his foot got stepped on in practice. I think he'll be fine. i just expect he'll be limited in practice most weeks.

it didnt bother anyone when we traded away a former receiver that was just a deep threat one trick pony like watkins who was starting to get injured alot in his 8th year. We had the same record without him that we had every year 6-10. If Watkins cant play at all maybe we can get a 4rth for him from baltimore like we got for evans.

Then we can spend 6 draft picks trying to replace his speed over the next 3 years (ie tj graham, robert woods, goodwin, and 3 picks for sammy)

I don't think Lee Evans was nearly as talented a WR as Watkins. I imagine most NFL personnel guys would agree.

and there you have it. The numbers he needs to beat. And I don't think he will.

And yes, Sammy is far superior physically but that doesn't mean anything he he keeps getting a boo boo kitty foot every year. I'll say it now, that I know he hasn't had a foot issue every year, But something is always wrong with him. And before everyone starts to say that he's only missed like 3 games so far in his career. It means nothing if he baby's around and doesn't give it his all. And before everyone asks how I can know what kind of pain he's in, just remember that there are hundreds of NFL players that play through pain and injury every week. And if your going to argue that Sammys pain and injuries are worse than everyone else's, then why are we having this conversation because he's always hurt and it always affects his play.

And my argument is right back where I started. It's like the circle of life.

I guess you have no understanding of what it means to get your RIBS injured to surgically repairing your foot. Most of us will be on crutches or in bed for several months. The guy is trying to get back to work.

I guess you have no understanding of what it means to get your RIBS injured to surgically repairing your foot. Most of us will be on crutches or in bed for several months. The guy is trying to get back to work.

you haven't read this whole thread have you. Because I absolutely posted that I have had multiple ankle, foot, toes injuries, breaks, etc.

yeah. Because some loser with a piddly job and his opinions mean so much that it affects how Sammys plays.

i didn't forget you. I just argue with so many people it's hard to remember who's on your side on what topics.

I don't believe I ever "conceded" that SJ was no good or not a #1. The fact is he (much like Sammy) always had some type of issue going on. In SJs case it's most likely due to his lack of preparation and laziness. Personally o don't think Sammy is any better than SJ and I will go on record that SJs career will be more successful than Sammys. Especially if he stays with the Bills which I don't see him doing so after his contract is up.

Yes, Stevie was a warrior in the field and was not afraid to get into the middle of the field and try for the tough plays and Sammy is like Marvin Harrison only with a bigger kitty. Always going out of bounds. Doesn't want to get hit. He's out for himself first and foremost IMO. But we'll all see how his career turns out eventually.

Its already been posted on this thread but bears repeating here:

Best WR in the NFL for 2nd half of last year. Major game changer.

He goes out of bounds instead of being hit because he's being smart and listening to his coaches.

I love your positivity and glass half full mentality. I wish everyone had your outlook on life!