How is Watkins?

gjv001

...and then out again after two games. I fear this issue won't be resolved until he can give the foot legitimate "down time" over the offseason.

Not that it matters right now, but was there ever a reasonable explanation given for how this injury occurred? It was a Jones fracture incurred in the off season right? Correct me if I'm wrong but that is an injury (as opposed to an overuse injury) that only occurs acutely righr? What the heck was he doing??

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear all the time, Sammy Watkins is so talented but how can you tell the guy hasn't put up 16 games since he's been here, I'm getting sick of the guy always hurt I think it's time to start the bust conversation when discussing this guy just think what we gave up for him smh

He put up 16 games year 1 and has only missed 4 games out of 35 games, and no one cares that you are sick of hearing about him being hurt, or that you want to quickly and stupidly label him a bust.

Edited by What a Tuel

I hear all the time, Sammy Watkins is so talented but how can you tell the guy hasn't put up 16 games since he's been here, I'm getting sick of the guy always hurt I think it's time to start the bust conversation when discussing this guy just think what we gave up for him smh

i am not in the bust crowd just yet...but has this guy played ANY games where he has not an some kind of an injury?

We will know how "long term" it is if they bring back a guy like Greg little or Jarrett Boykin (assuming they didn't sign elsewhere). If they don't I'd guess he's week to week.

I would rather they give Corey Washington a shot. They brought him in this week for a look. He was a preseason stud for the Giants in 2014. Made the team but was waived-injured the next season.

He's 6'4, 220 with decent speed and unlike Dez, can actually catch. The downside is he's been waived injured from two different teams, but he is a big receiver which we don't have.

He put up 16 games year 1 and has only missed 4 games out of 35 games, and no one cares that you are sick of hearing about him being hurt, or that you want to quickly and stupidly label him a bust.

who cares how many games you play. if you're playing them hurt and under performing, you might as well not even show up.

Mike Rodak‏@mikerodak

Rex Ryan says there is "major concern" over Sammy Watkins' availability moving forward this season.

Sounds like he may be done for the year.

Just shelf him for the year he's done nothing to help this team this year whatsoever. Just taking up space. Edited by BeefCurtns

I remember when the OBJ vs. Watkins debate was first heating up, a poster made an argument that in the first year of another historic WR draft class, the WR who was the best out of the gate was eventually hobbled by injuries and surpassed, referring to OBJ. It appears that it was more apt to fit Sammy at this point. What a crying shame.

Just shelf him for the year he's done nothing to help this team this year whatsoever. Just taking up space.

I hate to say it but yeah, this. He's become a distraction, and isn't going to contribute. Let him rehab for the next 11 months, skip camp, whatever he has to do, and he gets another shot next year, but starting to look like maybe start some long term contingency planning.

Not that it matters right now, but was there ever a reasonable explanation given for how this injury occurred? It was a Jones fracture incurred in the off season right? Correct me if I'm wrong but that is an injury (as opposed to an overuse injury) that only occurs acutely righr? What the heck was he doing??

it is an injury that occurs to outside WRs that consistently put pressure on one area of the foot. It was more of an accumulate led injury over the course of the season last year than something that happens in one play or event.

Down Salas & Watkins, will Bills add at WR?

They went into last week’s game with just four healthy receivers when Greg Salas and Sammy Watkins were out with injuries. It’s likely they do that again, but long term might they look to add at the position? Head coach Rex Ryan was asked that very question Friday.

Ryan did not rule out the possibility of seeking help at receiver.