How is Watkins?

gjv001

He may not be at a greater risk of re-breaking the bone in his foot.........but playing thru it might lead to favoring the foot and subjecting himself to a different injury the way that Percy Harvin reportedly did last year.....or creating an arthritic situation in the foot.

I'm not defending him, I don't think he's a smart player and I think sometimes dumber/stubborn players have to learn the hard way how to keep their body healthy.

I often cite Eric Wood.......took him a few seasons in the NFL to learn how NOT to play football so he wasn't breaking bones and knees doing things he can't do or shouldn't be doing.

I think Sammy needs to learn how NOT to train........like too much high impact training on his legs.

Badol - read up on Jones fractures. His progress (or lack thereof) so far is par for the course with this injury. Simply put, it can take a while to come back, and there can be setbacks if you come back to soon. It's basically the same injry as kevin durant, dez bryant, julio jones, etc. He'll definitely be 100 percent in time, but people here shouldn't be upset that he's still hurt or -- worse -- claiming that he's dogging it.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I posted on page 3 of this thread, stayed away for a day, and now it's on page 24. Holy sH*t! Do I need to go back and read the next 21 pages? Can someone summarize please?

I feel like by the time I read it all another 20+ pages might have been created.

Badol - read up on Jones fractures. His progress (or lack thereof) so far is par for the course with this injury. Simply put, it can take a while to come back, and there can be setbacks if you come back to soon. It's basically the same injry as kevin durant, dez bryant, julio jones, etc. He'll definitely be 100 percent in time, but people here shouldn't be upset that he's still hurt or -- worse -- claiming that he's dogging it.

He probably also needs some neurological reconditioning.

When athletes have stress fractures or minor injuries that they play through (as Sammy did last year), many times the brain will alter the firing speed/sequence in the muscle groups that support the injured area to lessen the pressure on the injured area (decrease pain feedback to the brain). Even after the injury heals, the neurological compensation sticks and needs to be (for lack of a better word) re-programmed, lest the muscle group that is firing out of sequence refers pain to the multiple areas.

Great article on the subject:

http://www.massagetherapy.com/articles/index.php/article_id/317/Neuromuscular-Reprogramming-for-Rehab1

I think I posted on page 3 of this thread, stayed away for a day, and now it's on page 24. Holy sH*t! Do I need to go back and read the next 21 pages? Can someone summarize please?

I feel like by the time I read it all another 20+ pages might have been created.

The summary, as per the norm, is basically "blah blah blah."

The medical talk is good, but facts are facts: Currently Watkins has 6 catches for 63 years (was presumably healthy for 2 games) and zero touchdowns. Current ranking among wide receivers is 85th.

Do you think the fact that TT is currently 32nd in the league in YPG has something to do with his low numbers?

Do you think the fact that TT is currently 32nd in the league in YPG has something to do with his low numbers?

That's like a chicken and egg argument.

Watkins out for NE game as per Joe B.

Time to amputate and grow some stem cells quick!!

Thought Sammy tweeted a day or to ago he was good to go for Sunday? Actually didn't he do that last week too?

The medical talk is good, but facts are facts: Currently Watkins has 6 catches for 63 years (was presumably healthy for 2 games) and zero touchdowns. Current ranking among wide receivers is 85th.

Yes....hard to catches those passes and touchdowns form the trainers table

What they need to do is just accept the fact that Sammy is gonna miss some time and that Powell is gonna see some time.

Watkins out for NE game as per Joe B.

Time to amputate and grow some stem cells quick!!

Maybe short of amputation, he should go on the PUP list and we use the spot for someone who will contribute. I feel bad for the kid, but there's no indication that he's going to be a reliable member of the team. Might as well see what we've got in the other WRs

That's like a chicken and egg argument.

Thought Sammy tweeted a day or to ago he was good to go for Sunday? Actually didn't he do that last week too?

The only problem I have with Sammy and Rex talking about his status is that we should have kept it under wraps like NE. Now Bill* and Ernie******* have ample opportunity to focus on another threat offensively. If we had not informed them (like they are not informing us of their starting QB), we would have had an initial advantage. Even if such an advantage didn't last the first quarter, it would help in the short-term.

Powell is the replacement they are planning on using in Watkins place

There was a point in this last game when the Tyrod to Powell connection started getting worked intensely by the new OC

powell replaces Sammy's spot. I'm referring to whether they sign someone to replace Powell's spot. It's a depth concern if he's out long term.

Maybe short of amputation, he should go on the PUP list and we use the spot for someone who will contribute. I feel bad for the kid, but there's no indication that he's going to be a reliable member of the team. Might as well see what we've got in the other WRs

PUP isn't possible since he played already. IR is the only option.

I hear all the time, Sammy Watkins is so talented but how can you tell the guy hasn't put up 16 games since he's been here, I'm getting sick of the guy always hurt I think it's time to start the bust conversation when discussing this guy just think what we gave up for him smh