How is Watkins?

gjv001

It's a good point to consider every game last year and not cherry-pick without making a case for it. OTOH (I know I'm a born moderate 'cuz I can usually get both sides of an argument mad at me), I don't think it should be ignored that after he took his call for more targets public, he got more targets and his performance improved.

When you say "wasn't a top 30 WR" would be helpful to say what criteria you're looking at - # catches? total yards? yards/game? yards/reception? And are you looking at WR, or at all receptions? 'Cuz otherwise you can look, urm well, incorrect.

The point I and some others have been trying to make is the offensive scheme and the QB make a difference. You don't typically find catch and yardage leaders in WR playing for teams who run more than they pass and who don't run a lot of offensive plays. You also don't find them among guys who don't get a lot of targets. Why Sammy sometimes doesn't get a lot of targets, can't tell you. When I watched all-22 from last year, I would typically see 5-6 plays a game when he appeared open and the pass play was checked down or turned to a run.

Watkins was #1 WR in NFL over last 9 games...

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how this happened - and then somehow it's announced late in the offseason that he had foot surgery. Was it hurt last year while he was producing like this?

Yep, that wimp was putting up some of the best numbers in the league while playing with a stress fracture in his foot.

however he had someone step on his boo boo foot this week in practice and was put on ice.

Got it.

What's the point of putting your best WR out there ( Watkins) if he can't run as well as your 5th WR that day due to an injury? No coach would do that. The object is to win, not show ignorant fans how tough your guys are. Get it?

What's the point of putting your best WR out there ( Watkins) if he can't run as well as your 5th WR that day due to an injury? No coach would do that. The object is to win, not show ignorant fans how tough your guys are. Get it?

except he's been injured all season so far. So what was different about today than the previous 2 games? Get it?

He was horrible. Again. But GODDAMN I will take the WIN!!! Go Bills!!

HELL YEAH DUDE! CARDINALS GOT BEEET! I missed the 3rd QT. At least he played better than wk 1 and 2! How bad was the Int? I missed that, and what were the conditions surrounding it, break it down for me Gugger

Agreed. We won, YEAH!

Looking at Tyrod's stats alone and being asked to predict the outcome 14/25 for 119, 0 (passing) TD, 1 INT, 2 fumbles - I would honestly have said "we lost, didn't we?" cuz that's usually the outcome that accompanies QB stats like that.

Right and last weeks stats would make you think we won 18/30 for 297 3 TD 1 INT. Those are the stats that Yeezy and MAJb want every week but we lost!

Edited by Marty McFly

except he's been injured all season so far. So what was different about today than the previous 2 games? Get it?

What was different is that he was not " injured " in the previous two games. He was not 100% healed , but not injured. He was open often in those 2 games. Including late in the Jets game when TT under threw him for a likely TD . There is a difference between playing hurt and playing injured , as NFL players have put it for many years. It seems there was a freak accident in practice where someone stepped on SWs foot during a walk through . Apparently the coaches decided that he wouldn't play because SW was saying otherwise. That is the difference, although I doubt you will " get it".