How is Watkins?

gjv001

Calvin Johnson never had a good QB and he reached his potential. Same with Eric Moulds, for that matter.

Jesus Harold Christ ... how many excuses have Bills fans been making for the past 17 !@#$ing years?

It's the line.

It's the coaching.

It's the play calling.

The schedules are unfair.

Other teams cheat.

It's the refs.

How about this ... the players !@#$ing suck and that's why this team never gets to the playoffs.

Sometimes I really think you are a baseball guy at heart. Is that possible ?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet the network bobble heads keep using the quote by Rex. And say he will probably be out.

Better bs narrative I guess.

Rex also said "I wouldn't count him out" after he said "it doesn't look really good right now"... I'm thinking if it's up to Sammy, he's going

@profootballtalk

On Friday, Rex Ryan said it's not looking good for Sammy Watkins to play. Watkins now says otherwise.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex also said "I wouldn't count him out" after he said "it doesn't look really good right now"... I'm thinking if it's up to Sammy, he's going

@profootballtalk

On Friday, Rex Ryan said it's not looking good for Sammy Watkins to play. Watkins now says otherwise.

Does anyone, at this point in time, take anything that comes out of this ass hole's mouth seriously?

Not living up to potential? At this point I agree with that.....but he plays through injury

So, then your opinion is that he's just not very good?

Why do fans allow their emotions to overrun rationality, common sense, and stiatistics?

Watkins has missed 3 games as of this week, same as AJ Green did, Julio Jones, less than OBJ, etc.

How does Watkins injury rate compare to other WR? It's a pretty oft-injured position

I haven't heard him say much except calling for more targets and saying Woods should get targeted more 'cuz he's open every play.

But hey don't let me interfere with your emotion-driven narrative

The only important numbers are catches, TDs and yards. If you're going to compare him to Jones, Green or Beckham let's please talk about productivity. This is NFL football after all. Last I checked participation trophies aren't given out at this level.

Edited by Cripple Creek

The only important numbers are catches, TDs and yards. If you're going to compare him to Jones, Green or Beckham let's please talk about productivity. This is NFL football after all. Last I checked participation trophies aren't given out at this level.

Well, I disagree with you on that. For example, a receiver can rack up a lot of catches on dump-offs, and passing yards in general don't happen to be tightly correlated with winning.

If those three were the only stats that matter, it would be pretty silly for the burgeoning industry of stats sites (Football Outsiders, Cold Hard Football Facts etc) to set up shop, but there they are.

The point is, Sammy is managing a similar productivity on a yards/game and yards/reception basis than some top WR. He also had similar TD to Green's first 2 years in the league (6 vs 7, 9 vs 11) though I'm not sure what that means as a quality metric. The Bills last year led the league in rushing attempts and were 31st in passing attempts. Sammy last year got an average of 1.5 fewer targets per game than Green which may simply reflect fewer pass plays from the Bills. To people who like to watch coach's film, he often appeared open but was not targeted. I don't know what that means. It's a mystery to me.

It's silly to say "well, durn it, he didn't have as many yards or receptions as these other WR playing in a more pass-rich system so he's paltry**". That's not factual, that's not using statistics correctly, it's bending common sense and choosing stats to fit a narrative.

**actual word choice may vary

Putting Watkins in the same sentence as Green, Jones and Beckham Jr., feels more silly as I'm doing it than it felt when I read your post.

They are all in a different league.

And yes .. he is a punk ass.

Demanding more targets while he's on the sidelines. His "little jobs" comment. Threw EJ under the bus in his rookie season.

He's the least open receiver on the team and has been. He can't beat anyone off the ball. He won't go over the middle. He can't take a hit. And he gets injured thinking about taking one.

But don't let my facts interfere with your blind love.

I've said it all along and I'll say it again ... Robert Woods is the best WR on this team.

Wait aren't you the guy who is always in the shoutbox claiming that EJ is the best QB on the team? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

The "punk ass" bit is emotions and heart.

The "least open receiver on the team" is not factual.

Robert Woods has not shown himself to be the best WR on the team, but he is also open far more than he is targeted, and I believe if he were targeted more his productivity would soar.

So, then your opinion is that he's just not very good?

Welcome to the board newb, I suggest you review the TOS to ensure you don't violate any rules... Always nice to see new members. Why are you crippled?