How is Watkins?

gjv001

It's unbelievable how injury prone Watkins has been.

He can't help us if he can't stay on the field.

Without Watkins the Bills don't stand a chance vs the Cards.

And yet, he's missed 3 games in his first 2 seasons. Julio Jones missed 3. OBJ missed 5. AJ Green, 3 in the last 2 seasons.

Somehow I feel this discussion is all about people with strong emotions some posters have, and not about the facts :w00t:

I'm not clear on whether that last is true or not. If Taylor can't find open WR, does it matter if Watkins is there or not? Lynn has to find a power rush attack and some pass plays Taylor can hit. If we're just throwing long bombs down the field Goodwin and Salas seemed to catch them OK, and Wood seems always open.

Might help if Clay would look for the ball, though.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reich on brohter. Reich on.

(I want you to get this one think hard)

I guessssssss prison guard school ignored 1890's through today.

How the Democrats Became Socially Liberal

The Third Party Democrats began to change from social conservative to social progressive in the 1890s at the end of the Gilded Age under the progressive populist Democrat William Jennings Bryan. Under Bryan, the Democratic Party became increasingly socially progressive and necessarily authoritative. From Bryan to Wilson, to LBJ, to Clinton the Democratic Party increasingly favored progressive social liberalism regarding government enforced social justice and economic intervention over laissez-faire governance, this attracted progressive Republicans and drove social conservatives from the party over time.

How the Republicans Became Socially Conservative

The Fourth Party Republicans began to change when the Progressive Republican Theodore Teddy Roosevelt broke from the party in 1912 (with Teddy being one of the forces, along with Bryan, Taft, and Wilson, that gave the Progressive Era its historical name). Following the break, the Republicans increasingly embraced social conservatism and opposed social progressivism (they especially opposed Communism). From Harding to Hoover, to Nixon, to Bush they increasingly favored classical liberalism regarding individual and states rights over central authority. This attracted some social conservative Democrats like states rights Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond (resulting in asouthernization of the Republican party), and drove some progressive Republicans from the party over time.

womp womp. try to read fast before this gets deleted.

p.s. you seem like a smart dude. I think you'd run circles around me. If you grew up in abject poverty with "animals"-- you'd get out for sure.

Sammy Watkins.

So what I'm gathering from this post is Pegula should just extend Sammy for 5 years, send him 5 years worth of Schwann's Bucks so he can eat, buy him a house, and provide him with a free cell phone, all in the name of Progressive Democracy?? At least if he stays home and watches games no one will step on his foot.

So what I'm gathering from this post is Pegula should just extend Sammy for 5 years, send him 5 years worth of Schwann's Bucks so he can eat, buy him a house, and provide him with a free cell phone, all in the name of Progressive Democracy?? At least if he stays home and watches games no one will step on his foot.

That or cut him. Bring in more Amendolas.

I won't rest till Hogan returns home.

Reich on brohter. Reich on.

(I want you to get this one think hard)

I guessssssss prison guard school ignored 1890's through today.

How the Democrats Became Socially Liberal

The Third Party Democrats began to change from social conservative to social progressive in the 1890s at the end of the Gilded Age under the progressive populist Democrat William Jennings Bryan. Under Bryan, the Democratic Party became increasingly socially progressive and necessarily authoritative. From Bryan to Wilson, to LBJ, to Clinton the Democratic Party increasingly favored progressive social liberalism regarding government enforced social justice and economic intervention over laissez-faire governance, this attracted progressive Republicans and drove social conservatives from the party over time.

How the Republicans Became Socially Conservative

The Fourth Party Republicans began to change when the Progressive Republican Theodore Teddy Roosevelt broke from the party in 1912 (with Teddy being one of the forces, along with Bryan, Taft, and Wilson, that gave the Progressive Era its historical name). Following the break, the Republicans increasingly embraced social conservatism and opposed social progressivism (they especially opposed Communism). From Harding to Hoover, to Nixon, to Bush they increasingly favored classical liberalism regarding individual and states rights over central authority. This attracted some social conservative Democrats like states rights Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond (resulting in asouthernization of the Republican party), and drove some progressive Republicans from the party over time.

womp womp. try to read fast before this gets deleted.

p.s. you seem like a smart dude. I think you'd run circles around me. If you grew up in abject poverty with "animals"-- you'd get out for sure.

Sammy Watkins.

blah blah blah, I don't like you because your law enforcement. Blah blah blah, I don't like you because your a Trump supporter (an assumption on your part). Blah blah blah, your a white devil.

That's about all I hear out of your mouth.

blah blah blah, I don't like you because your law enforcement. Blah blah blah, I don't like you because your a Trump supporter (an assumption on your part). Blah blah blah, your a white devil.

Why are you making this about race? I swear it's always racial with you people.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I feel like you hate me because i'm a burger flipper. It's good to get our feelings out brother. <3.

Edited by Billschinatown

Why are you making this about race? I swear it's always racial with you people.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I feel like you hate me because i'm a burger flipper. It's good to get our feelings out brother. <3.

im not racist. I don't like trash that mooches off society, sells drugs, does drugs, murders, rapes, robs, and steals.

Not quite sure how that's a bad thing.

I think they believed that without a legit target on the outside, the run game would be the focus of the opposing defense... a healthy Sammy is an elite weapon, but we haven't seen much of that through the beginning of his career... hopefully this all starts to click... and soon...

I think this was the idea. But if TT is not getting him the ball like the latter half of the season last year,after bitching , defenses just do not overly concern themselves with our pass game. And that is why Whaley overdrafted a potentially elite WR

And yet, he's missed 3 games in his first 2 seasons. Julio Jones missed 3. OBJ missed 5. AJ Green, 3 in the last 2 seasons.

Somehow I feel this discussion is all about people with strong emotions some posters have, and not about the facts :w00t:

I'm not clear on whether that last is true or not. If Taylor can't find open WR, does it matter if Watkins is there or not? Lynn has to find a power rush attack and some pass plays Taylor can hit. If we're just throwing long bombs down the field Goodwin and Salas seemed to catch them OK, and Wood seems always open.

Might help if Clay would look for the ball, though.

ya think ?

lols

That or cut him. Bring in more Amendolas.

I won't rest till Hogan returns home.

I love you Man.

Especially when you talk of the historical trending of our political governance.

im not racist. I don't like trash that mooches off society, sells drugs, does drugs, murders, rapes, robs, and steals.

Not quite sure how that's a bad thing.

I don't like society that mooches off society.

Man has got to feed his kids.

Man does not need 3 Rolls in a 6 car garage backed up to a 120k golf membership green

You're not a cop. Are You??

Imo

I think this was the idea. But if TT is not getting him the ball like the latter half of the season last year,after bitching , defenses just do not overly concern themselves with our pass game. And that is why Whaley overdrafted a potentially elite WR

I think this is an example of how lack of an established QB, and lack of coaching continuity, have really hurt our franchise.

When we drafted Watkins in 2014, I believe the thinking was to help EJ by giving him a sure-bet top-notch WR who could really help him out. Manuel to Watkins was supposed to be our Dalton to Green. The 2013 WR corps of SJ13, Chandler, and Woods was deemed to need an upgrade, and given subsequent performance of Chandler and SJ13 with other QBs and teams, that may have been a point.

Of course, the next sentence in the journal shows that EJ did not satisfactorily progress, was benched for Orton, and then replaced by Happy Feet Taylor while Marrone was replaced by "Pound the Rock" G-Ro, rendering the draft picks on Watkins relatively useless. In hindsight, we would have been better off choosing an upgrade lower in what seems to have been a WR-rich draft, but hindsight is always 20-20

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Man has got to feed his kids.Man does not need 3 Rolls in a 6 car garage backed up to a 120k golf membership green

I hate that people in the ghetto buy too many rolls royce cars. It's like if you can't feed your kids just cancel your golf membership. Duh. Sammy Watkins.

But really....is that what you think is going on in the hood? Lol.

Edited by Billschinatown

I think this is an example of how lack of an established QB, and lack of coaching continuity, have really hurt our franchise.

When we drafted Watkins in 2014, I believe the thinking was to help EJ by giving him a sure-bet top-notch WR who could really help him out. Manuel to Watkins was supposed to be our Dalton to Green. The 2013 WR corps of SJ13, Chandler, and Woods was deemed to need an upgrade, and given subsequent performance of Chandler and SJ13 with other QBs and teams, that may have been a point.

Of course, the next sentence in the journal shows that EJ did not satisfactorily progress, was benched for Orton, and then replaced by Happy Feet Taylor while Marrone was replaced by "Pound the Rock" G-Ro, rendering the draft picks on Watkins relatively useless. In hindsight, we would have been better off choosing an upgrade lower in what seems to have been a WR-rich draft, but hindsight is always 20-20

When the target keeps moving AND changing, its hard to get the correct ammo loaded in time.

This why I honestly wish for continuity for at least 3 years. Whats to happen to Cardale when the next grouping comes in ?

How many times has the O line been shuffled based upon Coaching think?

Killin' me Homes, Killin me...

Man has got to feed his kids.Man does not need 3 Rolls in a 6 car garage backed up to a 120k golf membership green

I hate that people in the ghetto buy too many rolls royce cars. It's like if you can't feed your kids just cancel your golf membership. Duh. Sammy Watkins.

But really....is that what you think is going on in the hood? Lol.

No. That is the disparity in the USA. I was not speaking to any specific culture. I was talking big picture.

Haves and The have nots.

And i was directly responding to mrags and mooching.

He is likely using his life exp to form his valid opinion.

I say it is much bigger than that.

Man gonna eat. Some gonna get fat. some gonna die reaching. Some live so thin they cant think right

Edited by 3rdand12

When the target keeps moving AND changing, its hard to get the correct ammo loaded in time.

This why I honestly wish for continuity for at least 3 years. Whats to happen to Cardale when the next grouping comes in ?

How many times has the O line been shuffled based upon Coaching think?

Killin' me Homes, Killin me...

No. That is the disparity in the USA. I was not speaking to any specific culture. I was talking big picture.

Haves and The have nots.

And i was directly responding to mrags and mooching.

He is likely using his life exp to form his valid opinion.

I say it is much bigger than that.

Man gonna eat. Some gonna get fat. some gonna die reaching. Some live so thin they cant think right

Friendly fire. Sorry