Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

This can't be true. I don't want it to be true. Please help convince me it's not true...

According to multiple sources, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula convened private meetings Friday morning with several offensive standouts to discuss the offense. They aimed to get a tenor of what was going on and picked the brains of players on several issues, including play-calling. They tried to figure out what was wrong.

If it is true, this franchise is heading in a downward direction towards rock bottom...not that they have to far to go.

Edited by LabattBlue

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@salsports

There was no "secret" meeting between Bills owners and players. Ownership has met with (and often talk with) players before, did Fri morning

...was not behind Rex's back and it was his decision to fire Roman. I'm told that decision came from (1/2)...

...many meetings and discussions going back to last season between Rex and owners, essentially. (2/2).

Rex, I'm told, felt things were to the point where they would not change with offense after hoping they would. Owners agreed and supported.

So, to conclude, this was essentially decision after 18 games not 2. There was hope things would be different. Became apparent they wouldn't

I want to make it clear - there WAS a meeting without Rex. But it was not "behind his back." A difference

Edited by YoloinOhio

@salsports

There was no "secret" meeting between Bills owners and players. Ownership has met with (and often talk with) players before, did Fri morning

...was not behind Rex's back and it was his decision to fire Roman. I'm told that decision came from (1/2)...

...many meetings and discussions going back to last season between Rex and owners, essentially. (2/2).

Rex, I'm told, felt things were to the point where they would not change with offense after hoping they would. Owners agreed and supported.

So, to conclude, this was essentially decision after 18 games not 2. There was hope things would be different. Became apparent they wouldn't

I want to make it clear - there WAS a meeting without Rex. But it was not "behind his back." A difference

[/thread]

SN exclusive: Greg Roman says reports of discord with Bills' Rex Ryan are 'damnable lies'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/greg-roman-rex-ryan-disagreement-dispute-buffalo-bills/2sl01k6o86lg17xukm576gac6

Roman told Sporting News that those statements are “damnable lies.”

“I have nothing but respect for coach Ryan and I thought we had a great working relationship,” Roman said Sunday afternoon in a telephone interview. “We met and he informed me of his decision. I thought it was handled very professionally. We then discussed how we could best make this work for everybody moving forward.”

I wasn't trying to but it's definitely an added bonus :nana: ... :blink: ... :P

I think it's safe to say that the Pegula's honeymoon period is well and truly over. Terry is good friends with Robert Kraft, I'm not sure he'd help a rival but he should be asking for advice on which opinions he should trust within NFL circles.

yep he needs schmooze Krafty, go on fishing trips and such and work him over for advice.

SN exclusive: Greg Roman says reports of discord with Bills' Rex Ryan are 'damnable lies'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/greg-roman-rex-ryan-disagreement-dispute-buffalo-bills/2sl01k6o86lg17xukm576gac6

Roman told Sporting News that those statements are damnable lies.

I have nothing but respect for coach Ryan and I thought we had a great working relationship, Roman said Sunday afternoon in a telephone interview. We met and he informed me of his decision. I thought it was handled very professionally. We then discussed how we could best make this work for everybody moving forward.

As I have posted before, Vic Carucci needs to either find a new source or stop pushing narratives that simply are not true.

I used to have a lot of respect for Vic. Since he came back to TBN, I have been mostly disappointed.

Edited by Peter

Roman told Sporting News that those statements are “damnable lies.”

“I have nothing but respect for coach Ryan and I thought we had a great working relationship,” Roman said Sunday afternoon in a telephone interview. “We met and he informed me of his decision. I thought it was handled very professionally. We then discussed how we could best make this work for everybody moving forward.”

I find this quite interesting, and it speaks well of Roman. He'll get another job in the NFL in time.

Roman told Sporting News that those statements are damnable lies.

I have nothing but respect for coach Ryan and I thought we had a great working relationship, Roman said Sunday afternoon in a telephone interview. We met and he informed me of his decision. I thought it was handled very professionally. We then discussed how we could best make this work for everybody moving forward.

post-3801-0-56539700-1474223588_thumb.gif

If they went to Rex and told him "we want you to make a statement change", Rex would have understood what they meant.

Look, after THAT game, in only week 2, to fire the OC makes little sense except as a knee jerk reaction. I never thought much of Roman, but now wha t do they do? The guy who is replacing him is a complete zero and will have NO help from anyone on that staff.

Could we wait a week or two before completely writing Lynn off? For somebody that tries to constantly shred people's opinions, you certainly claim a lot of your own to be obvious realities...

I dont get some of you guys....

You hate the rexes

You are upset that the owner met with the team without Rex...which means Rex Ryan would def be on the hot seat

You still find a way to be upset about it

There is no right with you.

Speaking for myself, I don't care that they went to the players without Rex. Good for them.

But let's stop pretending this was "all Rex's" decision. It insults basic intelligence in this case.

It's definitely refreshing that we finally have an owner who demands accountability. Not only should Rex take notice, but also Whaley. This was Whaley's job to do and he failed. But something tells me Doug has been "hands off" with the coaches since day 1, which is fine because it avoids the HC-GM power struggle we often see in the NFL (or a GM picking a HC to avoid a power struggle).

Incorrect. It was NOT Whaley's job to do because the reporting structure and roles/responsibilities established by the Pegulas have Ryan and Whaley in parallel reporting up to pegula, and give Ryan full control over his assistant coaching staff.

I find it amazing they were upset with the offense last year and wanted to make changes there but nothing from the defense.

They made DRASTIC change to the defense. We just had a horrible offseason of injuries and suspensions. The offence was paid out last year... had the same O line, same skill players and same OC.... followed by MASSIVE regression. Edited by JaxBills