Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

Not the first time Pegulas have met with players. They flew to meet with Hughes and Dareus in offseason when they decided changes needed to be made with the defense. And then Karl Dunbar was fired, who was a Rex "crony."

I don't disregard that they met with some of the offensive players. I do think it was after the decision was made to fire Roman, not before.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course owners speak with players all the time. But this situation is just not looking good. We can all agree that Rex should be canned. If the Pegula's are to make it a habit of bypassing Rex to speak to the players, then move on from Rex now.

As an example, Jeff Lurie did much the same for game 14 last year when he gave the Eagles a pre game pep talk and started to speak more frequently with the players. Shortly after, Chip was out.

At this point I don't think it is if The Ryan bros. get canned. It's when? is it this year or next?

Not the first time Pegulas have met with players. They flew to meet with Hughes and Dareus in offseason when they decided changes needed to me made with the defense. And then Karl Dunbar was fired, who was a Rex "crony."

I don't disregard that they met with some of the offensive players. I do think it was after the decision was made to fire Roman, not before.

I remember when they went to see Dareus (in Alabama?) I find it odd that an owner and a head coach board a private jet together to ask players if they are all in on a defense. Especially a guy, well both really are extremely well paid. And in all likelyhood the team already knew of The Dareus suspension. Very few players can dictate anything. In particular a complete scheme. If that's the case why didn't el pegul ask Mario last year what he really felt about Ryan and his scheme? when the guy was doing nothing more than running on or off the field.

Jim Kelly had a lot of say but he was well Jim Kelly.

WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED

CLEAN !@#$ING HOUSE

its not that hard. Get rid of everyone. Who in their right mind would give this dysfunctional staff another year???? We are the worst run organization in the NFL, bar none.

Can't even bring the Jags up b/c in 2 years they will be legit superbowl contenders, same with the Bucs.

Rex will be gone at the bye week, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED

CLEAN !@#$ING HOUSE

its not that hard. Get rid of everyone. Who in their right mind would give this dysfunctional staff another year???? We are the worst run organization in the NFL, bar none.

Can't even bring the Jags up b/c in 2 years they will be legit superbowl contenders, same with the Bucs.

Rex will be gone at the bye week, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

Nonsense. If that were the case how did they win 17 games in the last two seasons?

It is not a sign of dysfunction although NFL traditionalists won't like it. When owners start meeting with non-executive employees it can be a good way to find out whether the information the executives have been giving the owners is accurate. It's a sign that the Pegulas are desperate to get this thing fixed. It does NOT mean they're Dan Snyder, who never supported his coaches and played favorites with his players.

My thoughts exactly. Ownership takes the temperature of the employees on the ground, circumventing middle management. About the only people that ever makes uncomfortable is middle management.

Not the first time Pegulas have met with players. They flew to meet with Hughes and Dareus in offseason when they decided changes needed to be made with the defense. And then Karl Dunbar was fired, who was a Rex "crony."

Did they light one up with Marcel too and have a deep philosophical discussion over a bag of chips and dominos?

I don't hate the Rexes, but it feels like the whole thing is just one big mess. Even if it was not a big deal that the Pegulas met with the players, it has caused additional controversy and negative attention which is not needed. Optics matter, and we have the look of a bumbling organization with meddling owners. The Pegulas should have cleaned house when they bought the team. Now, we have a house divided with regular leaks from people who have an agenda, many of whom are trying to escape blame and keep their jobs.

I hope the Pegulas hire a GM that they trust and respect who can run the football side of things without interference. We all need to move on from this soap opera that has continued for way too long.

I don't hate the Rexes, but it feels like the whole thing is just one big mess. Even if it was not a big deal that the Pegulas met with the players, it has caused additional controversy and negative attention which is not needed. Optics matter, and we have the look of a bumbling organization with meddling owners. The Pegulas should have cleaned house when they bought the team. Now, we have a house divided with regular leaks from people who have an agenda, many of whom are trying to escape blame and keep their jobs.

I hope the Pegulas hire a GM that they trust and respect who can run the football side of things without interference. We all need to move on from this soap opera that has continued for way too long.

^^This

Nonsense. If that were the case how did they win 17 games in the last two seasons?

don't know about that one. Certainly a stat not worth bragging about since some teams win 17 games in one year.

But I agree they are far from the worst run team in the league. And are just as far from the contending playoff teams too.

They are what they are the deifnition of medicore. With now no end in sight. This FO as constructed cannot pull out of this tail spin.

I expect a crash and burn. The question is when?

I wonder what it feels like to be a fan of any other NFL team.

After these 2 losses and a 0 and 2 start, the way i feel is:

1) I'll still continue to watch (and hope)

2) I won't call the season over until we have 6 losses

3) Even if we have 6 losses i will treat every game against the Pats and the Jets like if I'm watching the playoffs.

Such a sad life it is to be a Bills fan.

Won-loss record?

What window are we looking at? Last 5 years? We are up there. 10 to 15 years? Absolutely.

Mediocrity to a tee. At least some of these current struggling franchises have had some success over the years. We are a flat line.

Last two years? Yes, we were improving, but here we are again back to piss poor play, thanks to the incompetence of the organization.

Terry Pegula has been the owner for two years with Whaley as the GM since after the 2013 draft. They have nothing to do with 2000 or any of the years before they got here. Keep your 16 years whining alive.

don't know about that one. Certainly a stat not worth bragging about since some teams win 17 games in one year.

But I agree they are far from the worst run team in the league. And are just as far from the contending playoff teams too.

They are what they are the deifnition of medicore. With now no end in sight. This FO as constructed cannot pull out of this tail spin.

I expect a crash and burn. The question is when?

I keep seeing posts that they are the worst and it's simply not the case. Mediocre.... sure.

I dont get some of you guys....

You hate the rexes

You are upset that the owner met with the team without Rex...which means Rex Ryan would def be on the hot seat

You still find a way to be upset about it

There is no right with you.

Now you get it. The outrage is half the fun.

Yep - that's clearly the implication. In fact, it basically says he was.

GOOD. -He deserves to be blindsided... If they really wanted to blindside him they would have fired his brother... A move Rex Likely would resign over.

Here's another article about Rex and his deceitful ways... Complete with his own vile language.... In it he claims to take responsibility FIRST if the ship started sinking.... Safe to say, he didn't quite do that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/rex-ryan-if-we-dont-win-ill-be-the-first-to-go/

Edited by #34fan

GOOD. -He deserves to blindsided... If they really wanted to blindside him they would have fired his brother... A move Rex Likely would resign over.

Here's another article about Rex and his deceitful ways... Complete with his own vile language.... In it he claims to take responsibility FIRST if the ship started sinking.... Safe to say, he didn't quite do that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/rex-ryan-if-we-dont-win-ill-be-the-first-to-go/

NFLN ate Rex alive over that ra ra meeting. In particular a couple of prominent ex nfl players.

LaDainian Tomlinson. Safe to say he is not a Ryan supporter.

It's definitely refreshing that we finally have an owner who demands accountability. Not only should Rex take notice, but also Whaley. This was Whaley's job to do and he failed. But something tells me Doug has been "hands off" with the coaches since day 1, which is fine because it avoids the HC-GM power struggle we often see in the NFL (or a GM picking a HC to avoid a power struggle).