Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

Regime change every 3 years has worked well for the last 16 seasons. Glad the fan base (and owners) are setting up another one.

You have to admit Rex has done a horrible job here and really has done nothing since 2010 and he needs to go and quite frankly all the Ralph hold overs need to go and then Pegula can finally put his stamp on this team and find the right guys to make us a winning franchise.

Regime change hasn't happened at all over the past 16 years. Ralph and his trash continue to run the team. CONTINUITY!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::thumbsup:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your entire argument is one guy is still around and that's why we suck. Coaches, GMs, players, all different. One guy in a suit, that's why we lose. Do I have it correct?

Not quite. It's Ralph and all the degrees of separation from Ralph: his right-hand stooges and all the chumps they either hired or promoted. They embody the culture of losing and the stench of failure.

HTH.

The tinfoil hats are strong in the media. Point fingers every which way until you are right.

Here's what it looks like to me.

Pegula's asked Rex at the end of season meeting "what's up?"

Rex gives his opinion.

Season starts and Pegs inquire after talking to Rex.

Offense confirms what Rex said to Pegs

Play week 1 and see the same thing.

Short week and no time to fire and prep offense with new OC so wait and hope for something good to happen (or maybe just accepting a loss early on to right the ship).

Fire coach the morning after.

Appoint new OC.

Edited by The Wiz

To anyone whose worrying about Pegula's burning a few million on coaches, it's really no big deal. Do the math on 10 million divided by 5 billion (0.002) it's like you or I spending $110 on Bills tickets and concessions.

($110 / $55,000 = 0.002)

im not worried about it. But to suggest that a successful business owner wouldn't at least do some due diligence before buying out a second 4mill dollar deal makes no sense.

Sort of makes sense given the clip from the Rex and Rob show of Rex trying to sell Terry and Kim on how it would be different this year and Terry was just sitting in the golf cart staring straight ahead not looking sold

Didn't see that clip. Why would they hire rex if they weren't sold on him in the first place?

It was from this summer's camp I think

Rex was going on about how it's a team this year and Terry wasn't even looking at him

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong

It could very well be that it happened. Just don't recall it. I also don't put too much stock into coaches speeches to teams. They are really meant as motivational things to look better and don't actually give you anything other than player inspiration (at best anyways). The owner hearing an rah-rah speech and not caring doesn't really mean much to me.

The tinfoil hats are strong in the media. Point fingers every which way until you are right.

Here's what it looks like to me.

Pegula's asked Rex at the end of season meeting "what's up?"

Rex gives his opinion.

Season starts and Pegs inquire after talking to Rex.

Offense confirms what Rex said to Pegs

Play week 1 and see the same thing.

Short week and no time to fire and prep offense with new OC so wait and hope for something good to happen (or maybe just accepting a loss early on to right the ship).

Fire coach the morning after.

Appoint new OC.

Really? That's how it should go?

Who hired Roman?

So Pegula comes to Rex last winter and...

says "what's up?"

Rex says: "I think my OC might suck"

Pegula: "OK well let me do some looking into what the players think and I will let you know what I find out"

Rex: "ok boss, just keep me posted"

OTAs start. Camp starts. Entire coaching staff coming up with plays/plans, spending maybe 16-18 hours a day together. All pouring over film, roster, free flow of ideas and exchanges. Much enthusiasm all around.

Week 1: bad loss

Week 2: worse loss--at home-tp Fitz, who made the Bills D look horrible.

Pegula: "yeah, I talked to the players. they don't like Roman at all......do you know what I'm saying?"

Rex: "huh? Ohhhhhh. Yeah, got it"

Rex: “After every game I meet with ownership,” “This morning I met with them. I informed them on my decision and they were supportive of it. This is my move"

​If you think tis is more likely how it went, how do you support keeping Rex on as HC? Why would he "suddenly" realize the guy he picked for OC was the main problem with the team and had to be fired on the spot?

Who hired Roman?

says "what's up?"

Pegula: "OK well let me do some looking into what the players think and I will let you know what I find out"

OTAs start. Camp starts. Entire coaching staff coming up with plays/plans, spending maybe 16-18 hours a day together. All pouring over film, roster, free flow of ideas and exchanges. Much enthusiasm all around.

Pegula: "yeah, I talked to the players. they don't like Roman at all......do you know what I'm saying?"

Rex: “After every game I meet with ownership,” “This morning I met with them. I informed them on my decision and they were supportive of it. This is my move"

​If you think tis is more likely how it went, how do you support keeping Rex on as HC? Why would he "suddenly" realize the guy he picked for OC was the main problem with the team and had to be fired on the spot?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who hired Roman?

says "what's up?"

I'm going by the timeline of things and the reports given to me. That's the ways it reads. Your choice on whether to believe it's the way it went down or not.

im not worried about it. But to suggest that a successful business owner wouldn't at least do some due diligence before buying out a second 4mill dollar deal makes no sense.

If the reports are true the Pegula's have been analyzing this since the tail end of last season, over the offseason, and up till now. To think they've been tuned out and away from the pulse of the team is a bit off. They've done their due diligence, would you not agree?

I'm going by the timeline of things and the reports given to me. That's the ways it reads. Your choice on whether to believe it's the way it went down or not.

Can you share the reports given to you?

Also, my point was, Rex spends countless hours with Roman. Why on Earth would he need or want the input of players through Pegula to decide whether he should fire hisOC?

How does HE not go to Roman, every day, and say "what's up"?? Isn't that how it should work? Why would he allow Pegula to privately talk to players instead of saying;

"I appreciate your concern Boss, but I have to handle this my way. My players, my coach. Let me handle this".

Isn't that how a HC handles it? Forget the fact that the D is crumbling like the O and Pegula doesn't say "what's up with that too"?

If the reports are true the Pegula's have been analyzing this since the tail end of last season, over the offseason, and up till now. To think they've been tuned out and away from the pulse of the team is a bit off. They've done their due diligence, would you not agree?

yes, that is what I said. I was referring to those who are miffed by their involvement.

Can you share the reports given to you?

Also, my point was, Rex spends countless hours with Roman. Why on Earth would he need or want the input of players through Pegula to decide whether he should fire hisOC?

How does HE not go to Roman, every day, and say "what's up"?? Isn't that how it should work? Why would he allow Pegula to privately talk to players instead of saying;

"I appreciate your concern Boss, but I have to handle this my way. My players, my coach. Let me handle this".

Isn't that how a HC handles it? Forget the fact that the D is crumbling like the O and Pegula doesn't say "what's up with that too"?

Reports are well noted in the thread of stuff that happened.

For point 2, I think it might have been a seed planted last year. He wasn't happen with the offense and made his case. Pegs did their part to see if it was Rex blowing smoke or not.

It is how it should work. I don't know if it does work like that or not. Like I said, going on the reports and the "facts" that are given. Pegula can do whatever the hell he wants. He owns the team. If he wants to replace all the water fountains with toilet water he can.

Rex could have brought it to Pegs attention at the end of last year and said we might need to keep an eye on this and they intervened because of it.

It's all speculation. You can make a case or destroy it pretty easy but unless you are in the room/know, we are all clueless.

Way to much discussion here about organizational functional issues. My view.....the O was definitely needing something more than it was getting from the coaching staff.....bad play calling, incoherent game planning to some degree. I am not upset about Roman's departure...the O needs fixing. Hoping Lynn is up to the job....I don't think that Pegs/Rex could do this without an adequate replacement on the staff. Lynn obviously has Rex confidence as "Asst HC" (I actually did not know that before this came up) Anyhow...I don't read anything more into the move than they wanted the O in different hands, and they had an alternative available. Good decision imho.........and, about the D..that is a different discussion....the OC change is a stand alone issue.

Reports are well noted in the thread of stuff that happened.

For point 2, I think it might have been a seed planted last year. He wasn't happen with the offense and made his case. Pegs did their part to see if it was Rex blowing smoke or not.

It is how it should work. I don't know if it does work like that or not. Like I said, going on the reports and the "facts" that are given. Pegula can do whatever the hell he wants. He owns the team. If he wants to replace all the water fountains with toilet water he can.

Rex could have brought it to Pegs attention at the end of last year and said we might need to keep an eye on this and they intervened because of it.

It's all speculation. You can make a case or destroy it pretty easy but unless you are in the room/know, we are all clueless.

I don't know how one can conclude that this was purely Rex's decision, as he claims. Doesn't make much sense to me that the owner would be asking players to back up something the HC says unless he doesn't trust his HC to make very basic HCing decisions.

You know, Roman this off season described Rex as a buffoon who would limit (Roman's) career. No matter what you think of either guy, that should be grounds for a HC to say "ge the F out, you're fired", without having to have the owner do some sort of player interview investigation.

It should be pretty clear to Pegula that the offense got better last year and the D got worse---yet Pegula goes to Rex this winter and asks "what's up with Roman"?? How does that make more sense to you?

It's dysfunction at the very least.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The chances of us landing a qualified HC after the brothers Ryan are shown the door is practically nil.

We have had Two(!) coaches quit in the last 12 years. Quit a head coaching position in the NFL.

I clearly was slinging mud at Marrone on the way out but grudgingly have to admit that both he and Mularkey probably did themselves a favor leaving.

Unless, the Pegulas hand over the keys to the whole show to someone with written guarantees not to meddle I can't see where anyone desirable would want to deal with this s BS.